Old heads, did you want a Mc Hammer Death Row album?

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
life is complex, go live it. a person can be a real nikka, and still do fukk nikka shyt, that needs to be called out on.
musically I love Cube and Hammer. there's a time and place for both. Hammer had the light fun tracks to dance to, while Cube made some of the dopest realest tracks in music history....But with that said....

that was a straight up Crab in a barrel move, draped in hotep-sim by Cube with what he did to Hammer. Cubes knew Hammer personally , and knew Hammer wasn't on no c00n shyt. Hammer was at the top, and Cube was jealous point blank .

Hammer hands down, is one of the greatest LIVE PERFORMERS OF ALL TIME. TOP 10 EASILY. U went to a Hammer show u had your moneys worth and more....
Hammer style was easily accessible for mainstream America. Hammer's success, was what Jordan's success was to the NBA. Hammer success expand the rap market as it headed into the mid 90's...

Instead of collaborating with Hammer, Cube attacked him, and that's stereotypical c00n shyt.
That "everybody was jealous of Hammer" argument didn't fly back in 1991, and it's not gonna fly in 2017.

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
That "everybody was jealous of Hammer" argument didn't fly back in 1991, and it's not gonna fly in 2017.
I'm pretty sure Hammmer was an after thought from 88-92. Especially at his height
ima put it like this, Snoop N Dre was doing 7, 8 million, and they were the shyt. well Hammer was doing triple those #'s.... Arena Tours, Cartoons, Ceral, video game ETC ETC ETC...

Hammer was doing shyt un thought of, for a brotha in rap at the time...

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Yea ok street cats was really checking for hammer :camby:

The music you listen to don't make you a "street cat." And by most accounts Hammer was more street than most of the rappers back in his day and most of these dudes out here today.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
not even a knock on hammer, but when I was in middle school, I wasn't checkin for rappers I liked when I was 4-7 years old.

rappers weren't allowed to overstate their welcome back then, like they do now.

but shoot, I would've still eventually copped it tho.:laugh:

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Wasn't really checking for MC Hammer anything lol

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
The music you listen to don't make you a "street cat." And by most accounts Hammer was more street than most of the rappers back in his day and most of these dudes out here today.
Man stfu this cat wasn't reppin for no real shkreet cats. All that shyt yall found out later on about how legit hammer was in the streets, cats wouldn't have believed it. Yea he a solid guy yes but back in 89 if u wasn't som like nwa short dog doc king tee sheeeit. And u west coast? Lol na u was lumped up in that young mc def jef funny style rappin. Listen to all that at the club not in the whip NEVERRR.
Somebody slap me if I'm lyin..

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Man stfu this cat wasn't reppin for no real shkreet cats. All that shyt yall found out later on about how legit hammer was in the streets, cats wouldn't have believed it. Yea he a solid guy yes but back in 89 if u wasn't som like nwa short dog doc king tee sheeeit. And u west coast? Lol na u was lumped up in that young mc def jef funny style rappin. Listen to all that at the club not in the whip NEVERRR.
Somebody slap me if I'm lyin..

I'm from Texas. And everybody listened to his first album. He crossed over on the second and went pop and the dissin started along with his downfall.

But listening to his music didn't make anyone soft, just like you ridin around listening to whatever "hard" shyt you think completes your streetness doesn't make you any less butter soft than we all now know you are by virtue of your first statement.

Tell me, what did street cats listen to before tough talk rap?

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I'm from Texas. And everybody listened to his first album. He crossed over on the second and went pop and the dissin started along with his downfall.

But listening to his music didn't make anyone soft, just like you ridin around listening to whatever "hard" shyt you think completes your streetness doesn't make you any less butter soft than we all now know you are by virtue of your first statement.

Tell me, what did street cats listen to before tough talk rap?
Bruh kill all that condescending bs. It is what it is nobody that considered they self a man listened to hammer in the whip in 89. His first album was way harder than the rest (when he rocked the all black) I'll give u that. I was 17 and what u pulled up bumping was EVERYTHING. Now Rodney O n Joe Cooley? Now u was official.
To answer your question it was all New York before that. Eric B n Ra was considered tough talk.
What else u got :hmm:

Edit: matter fact u from Texas, YZ was the shyt back then.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Yea ok street cats was really checking for hammer :camby:
its wasn't like that then. his shyt was all over jukebox, yo mtv raps and rap city right next to everybody else's. so anybody into rap deep enough potentially was checking for him

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
its wasn't like that then. his shyt was all over jukebox, yo mtv raps and rap city right next to everybody else's. so anybody into rap deep enough potentially was checking for him
na he was just more cac friendly. Remember mtv barely was playing any black music much less rap. Yo mtv raps was just starting, they needed zero street and zero black power. All they rocked was kid nplay hammer etc (friendly rap). Only way u was official was to rock that shyt that wasn't on tv or the radio.
Hence "the whip". Not mainstream.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
na he was just more cac friendly. Remember mtv barely was playing any black music much less rap. Yo mtv raps was just starting, they needed zero street and zero black power. All they rocked was kid nplay hammer etc (friendly rap). Only way u was official was to rock that shyt that wasn't on tv or the radio.
Hence "the whip". Not mainstream.
my man everything was on yo mtv raps...de la, gang starr, DOC, PE, schoolly d...hammers mainstream success came with his 2nd album. rap fans already knew him by the time he blasted off