Old Going For Gold: USA Men's Olympic Basketball - Next Up The Main Event vs France (8/10 @ 3:30pm ET)

Where Will The Olympic Team Medal?

• Gold

Votes: 168 91.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Bronze

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • No Medal

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
I dont know what games you watch but Jayson Tatum is not a better basketball player than Paul Pierce.

You confuse accolades obtained in different eras with actual skill/talent. Tatum is the first healthy all nba 1st team player to get a dnp in an Olympic game.

How about the MVP of the League in 2023 coming of a combined 34/11/5 the past 2 years, have you seen a player like that get a healthy DNP in an Olympic Game or nah?

Go ahead a put more weight in these exhibition games.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
How about the MVP of the League in 2023 coming of a combined 34/11/5 the past 2 years, have you seen a player like that get a healthy DNP in an Olympic Game or nah?

Go ahead a put more weight in these exhibition games.

Bro you have to be special… Jayson Tatum had a DNP in the group stage, not an exhibition game. :dead:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
winning...but not dominating...is how you end up...losing?
:mjtf:
Maybe you should watch less Steven A Smith and Skip Bayless breh

Tell me you ain’t played competitive sport without telling me

If it’s a close game it favors the underdog. Bc all the pressure is on US. So, yes, a ‘let’s just try to win’ mentality would make them more likely to lose. A team this talented with a ‘just trying to win’ mentality would be a disaster waiting to happen. The :mjpls:media—-and casual fans :childplease:—-are supposed to be shook of Serbia. Not the players

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Bro you have to be special… Jayson Tatum had a DNP in the group stage, not an exhibition game. :dead:
Lmao. Today proved Kerr dumb game plan is to sit at least one All NBA player of these exhibition/scrimmage Games, Tatum and Haliburton both got a DNP. You came in here running like Tatum was out the rotation just to find him starting the very next game. Yeah The Olympics are exhibition/scrimmage games for one of the best collection of stars the game has ever seen.

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
Fukk that Tatum gotta square up with Kerr. You just won a championship and you get back-to-back DNPs. Hell naw

:beli:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know what you are writing or what any of this has to do with nations being better at basketball today than 1992. :wtf:

edit: I also never said the world has caught up :wtf:

So what the hell is your point? :gucci:

The gap closing is overblown yall just repeating tropes, ‘they got better’. shyt, have they? :mjtf: There are more individual high end players, but those players are still spread out among many nations. Hence Luka is a top player in the world, but Slovenia ain’t here. Hence Embiid can’t play for Cameroon. Giannis bout to be swept. Spain 2008 would mop Spain 2024. So better, where?

Which is why I posted that. We were winning by 20 25 years ago, same as we are now. 2000 Gold medal match we won by 10 it was moderately competitive. Gold medal match is moderately competitive now. Like what we talking about. When our stars opt in, we kill. It’s only when we play around and dudes be on vacation and we led by Keldon Johnson that people think teams ‘got better’. They really haven’t. We are still talking about a team equivalent of G leaguers, and then 1-2 countries are real. Same as it’s been the last quarter century. :beli: