Old Going For Gold: USA Men's Olympic Basketball - Next Up The Main Event vs France (8/10 @ 3:30pm ET)

Where Will The Olympic Team Medal?

• Gold

Votes: 168 91.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Bronze

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • No Medal

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

:mjlol:What a joke. You don't have to ice out a player like that.

Kerr gotta be smart about the dnp shyt. 2028 is probably going to be the closest we come to not being favorites vs the field.
It was high key inexcusable with so many players with foul trouble. I thought he'd bring in him after AD picked up 2 fouls and instead brought back LeBron.

Steph and Book are defending pretty well. He can cut into some of JRUE's mins.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
can someone explain to me why tatum is so hated?

dude just minds his business :dead:

i can't even explain why I hate dude but I just do
He’s a Celtic and he went to Duke.

Although I do think a lot of hate he gets stems from some fans pushing back on the thought that he’s the next great American player…he feels more Pippen than Bron or KD.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
see how you woulda sat White even though he justified his time out there?

a different game will probably feature Tatum more, but these are 10 minute quarters, the game moves fast and not everyone will play. In an easier matchup, LeBron doesn't play so much, thus letting Tatum get more PT.

:gucci: Is this some of yall first time watching the Olympics?!? Stop with the ‘It’s a different game yo!’. No shyt

I’ve said it before this is not my/our first rodeo. In Olympics 10 men get time. 2 guys are always gonna be left out. We’ve been doing this for 30 years breh. And those 2 should be hali and Derrick white. Simple.

Derrick white did nothing to change that. Theres 30 nggas who could be the 10th man on this team, with no expectations annd minimal role, ans seemingly play well. So him ‘playing well’ is irrelevant. Unless we have a diminished roster—-which we do not have this year—-you do not need to cater your roster or get cute. Play your best guys. Play your stars.

People gaslighting Tatum. :heh: Acting like there’s no minutes for him meanwhile Booker ain’t a SF but he starting. Bam and AD are both centers and cant hit 3s, but they making it fit to play them together. They could make it fit for Tatum pause they just ain’t.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
:gucci: Is this some of yall first time watching the Olympics?!? Stop with the ‘It’s a different game yo!’. No shyt

I’ve said it before this is not my/our first rodeo. In Olympics 10 men get time. 2 guys are always gonna be left out. We’ve been doing this for 30 years breh. And those 2 should be hali and Derrick white. Simple.

Derrick white did nothing to change that. Theres 30 nggas who could be the 10th man on this team, with no expectations annd minimal role, ans seemingly play well. So him ‘playing well’ is irrelevant. Unless we have a diminished roster—-which we do not have this year—-you do not need to cater your roster or get cute. Play your best guys. Play your stars.

People gaslighting Tatum. :heh: Acting like there’s no minutes for him meanwhile Booker ain’t a SF but he starting. Bam and AD are both centers and cant hit 3s, but they making it fit to play them together. They could make it fit for Tatum pause they just ain’t.
and today it was Tatum and Hali. It might not be that way the next game. White played today and played well so you don't have a leg to stand on with regards to White's PT today in a blowout win against their toughest matchup in pool play.

Tatum not playing today isn't some war crime. They'll be fine.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s doing too much?

Were the Celtics not the best regular season team by a wide margin all year and then went 16-2 in playoffs? Success breeds contempt

He was and now that the Celtics are on top the hate is louder than ever :manny:
Tatum was getting the same hate when y’all went years without a title & were disappointed every year

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Tatum was getting the same hate when y’all went years without a title & were disappointed every year
He went to Duke.
He plays in Boston.
He comes as a cornball and is being rewarded for it
(this is the one most don't wanna say out loud) They're sick of his kid.
He has the biggest NBA deal, is with an R&B star yet lives a private ass life compared to his peers.
Because his teammates appear to be ten toes down on serious stuff, he's more endearing to fans and that makes Tatum looks worse by comparison cuz he ain't on that type of time.

America refuses to let cornballs live in peace, and that's part of why America doesn't just hand him the unimportant title of "next American face of the NBA"

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

17288-a0aece332e764c8dfa88ca66d96118c5.jpg

AB gonna catch a stray he fukk with the right one

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He went to Duke.
He plays in Boston.
He comes as a cornball and is being rewarded for it
(this is the one most don't wanna say out loud) They're sick of his kid.
He has the biggest NBA deal, is with an R&B star yet lives a private ass life compared to his peers.
Because his teammates appear to be ten toes down on serious stuff, he's more endearing to fans and that makes Tatum looks worse by comparison cuz he ain't on that type of time.

America refuses to let cornballs live in peace, and that's part of why America doesn't just hand him the unimportant title of "next American face of the NBA"
No you see him as a “cornball” lol

He a regular breh. Down to earth etc. You can’t tell me you think he has played up to his predecessors who are now on their way out? Him getting the media push as if he has along with not having a strong stan base to combat the hate leads us to where we are.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
No you see him as a “cornball” lol

He a regular breh. Down to earth etc. You can’t tell me you think he has played up to his predecessors who are now on their way out? Him getting the media push as if he has along with not having a strong stan base to combat the hate leads us to where we are.
I have nothing against Tatum personally. I'm just listing why NBA fans seem to be taking glee in him not playing,