Old Going For Gold: USA Men's Olympic Basketball - Next Up The Main Event vs France (8/10 @ 3:30pm ET)

Where Will The Olympic Team Medal?

• Gold

Votes: 168 91.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Bronze

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • No Medal

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Side note wanna give a shout out to DBook too. I remember Kuz had a tweet saying we need stars who can play without the ball and be adaptable in their roles to start winning again. Book quoted the tweet and said I’ll do it. And he’s done that and more in his role. Salute to him.

@MooseMouthMthafuga y’all got a hell of a player man

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida

Don't usually agree with Draymond but he was 100% spot on with these rotations and lineups from Kerr. Lock the lineup from the start and stick with it! Doing all this extra shyt with not playing Tatum at all then starting him, not playing Embiid at all in the next game. Draymond said it perfectly when he said the other teams have to adjust to us, it ain't the other way around. We have the best talent to not have to worry about trying to "match up" with other teams they gotta match us. This overcomplicating shyt for no reason is just stupid, they'll get Gold anyway but Draymond is rightfully calling it out.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
It don't matter who play but Tatum gotta play

They not winning by enough points

When does the negativity end, like damn

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously, the US earned the number one seed but I wish we could have played one of Canada, France or Germany before the Final. France would get bodied but the atmosphere would have been electric. Germany and Canada are the two best teams after the US. So I would have liked to have to seen our team play them both.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
because he had fukking shaq lol.

an as individual player, wade was not doing the shyt edwards was at the same age. its a fact and ppl can accept facts without hating on anyone. got QUICK to default to team achievements and ignoring how the entire narrative of that series was 'don't let shaq beat you'
nikka Wade averaged 24 in year 2 and 27 in year 3, both on 49% from the field lol. Wtf are you talking about? Why make it an age conversation to fit an agenda. Wade was better as a rookie, better as a 2nd year player, better as a 3rd year player, better as a forth year player. Some of those years it's not even close, in an era averaging like 15 less PPG across the league.

I'm talking INDIVIDUAL numbers, not team accomplishments. You take away the ring he was still better, you take away Shaq and he is much better than Ant because that 25-26ppg turns to 28-30.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
nikka Wade averaged 24 in year 2 and 27 in year 3, both on 49% from the field lol. Wtf are you talking about? Why make it an age conversation to fit an agenda. Wade was better as a rookie, better as a 2nd year player, better as a 3rd year player, better as a forth year player. Some of those years it's not even close, in an era averaging like 15 less PPG across the league.

I'm talking INDIVIDUAL numbers, not team accomplishments. You take away the ring he was still better, you take away Shaq and he is much better than Ant because that 25-26ppg turns to 28-30.
what was the original statement. go find it.

because i said age, not year by year. if you want to argue that you can do it by yourself because that was never the point lol

yal will really wake up, find a post from a different day, and argue alongside a tangent someone else made too :dead:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Obviously, the US earned the number one seed but I wish we could have played one of Canada, France or Germany before the Final. France would get bodied but the atmosphere would have been electric. Germany and Canada are the two best teams after the US. So I would have liked to have to seen our team play them both.
edit: nvm I had the brackets mixed up, I didn't realize they'd get Serbia/Australia winner. Serbs could still be tough to beat in a rematch

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
If the first two games are any indication, Jokic is going to have to play the entire 40 minutes or close to it in order for Serbia to have a chance

But that’s also assuming P Giddey doesn’t shock the world in the quarterfinals :mjgrin:

Facts, I'm not sure Serbia wins against Australia. Plus to what you said, Patty Mills in the FIBA/Olympics turns into prime Tony Parker lol

• Dap
Reactions: OsO