Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
King of Fighters 2006
kof-maximum-impact2-character-select-screen.png

-38 playable characters
-Each character had 16 costumes/colors each
-Story Mode, Arcade Mode, Mission Mode, Survival Mode, Time Attack Mode, Vs. Mode, etc.
-A mode that gave you the profile and backstory of each character including fighting style, country of origin, age, hobbies, etc.

No DLC, everything included in the game.
---------

In wrestling games, entire match types have steadily been removed from the games. Backstage modes gotten rid of and now you can only fight backstage in a specific match type. In No Mercy every character had 4 costume slots and you could edit all the costumes however you wanted plus you could create your own match types like a First Blood Royal Rumble(eliminated when you bleed) or a Fatal Four Way Iron Man Match.
---------

In Resident Evil 3 when you beat the game you unlock 5 extra costumes and 7 extra costumes in the Dreamcast version. You already know this would be DLC these days.

---------
On PS2 when you beat Resident Evil 4 you unlock 3 extra game modes.

tumblr_l3b3jqL2Yd1qao69fo1_500.jpg
TITTLE.jpg

AssignmentAda.jpg

All of the Resident Evils had Mercenaries Mode IIRC but still.

If this game came out today, all 3 of these modes would be separate paid DLC and so would the extra costumes. :smh:

the fukked up part is most of the dlc is on the disc

shyt used to be free on og xbox live

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
everything wwf no mercy related :mjcry:
word... them shyts was flawless

i rented a new wwe game and that shyt was all trash.. controls all fukked up... story all fukked up

i don't see how you could possibly fukk up the easiest, yet best control system ever.. they should at least include it in the options... took that shyt back in record time :hhh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The customization of characters in soul caliber 3. Could have a chick with a phat ol bottom.

In 4 they toned down the ass making :camby:

That entire story mode on SC3 was ahead of it's time and underrated. It was a true fighting game RPG that had depth. Used to play it with my cousin co-op (passing each other the controller) and we made our own characters with different playstyles. It got to a point where we couldn't even make progress without each other because I was trash at using his characters and he was trash at using mine :mjlol:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
In Morrowind you can become a God as soon as you step off the boat.

Why %90 of the features in this game where cut out of future Elder Scrolls games is beyond me.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
the Bouncer

I rebought the BradyGames Strategy guide for nostalgia :mjcry:

The Bouncer was one of my favorite PS2 games.

The only other beat em up that tried to be innovative was Beat Down: Fists of Vengence.

You could pick from six different characters with different move sets. They could level up, learn new moves, dress em up in tons of different clothing, multiple endings. They even had Brawling mode and 1v1 mode for different fights. Even had an small open world...

I hate yall :mjcry:

Devs aren't trying anymore are they.

Saints Row 2 is GOAT. That game had legit EVERYTHING.

Story

Customization

Decent Side missions

Played that game for seven years with a friend of mine. We still found new shyt to do.

:mjcry:

My heart hurts now.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Not so much "old", but Fallout: New Vegas had perfected the character development system. The karma, faction, perk, trait, and SPECIAL system was so deep. Fallout 4 did away with almost all of it. Why. :what:

Bethesda doesn't like being shown up by the original creators :mjpls:

That entire story mode on SC3 was ahead of it's time and underrated. It was a true fighting game RPG that had depth. Used to play it with my cousin co-op (passing each other the controller) and we made our own characters with different playstyles. It got to a point where we couldn't even make progress without each other because I was trash at using his characters and he was trash at using mine :mjlol:

Only fighting game I ever bought and replayed for months. No other fighting game has done it since. I made 40+ characters to use and I had friends come over. Co-op was the shyt :wow:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think we need to start listing if these games are available anywhere

Psn versions, Xbox live versions, computer. I don't give a fukk.

I need this shyt back

How the hell they completely stop making beat em ups :mjcry:

I'm tired of shooting every damn thing. Sometimes I want dope ass fighting styles and a bunch of ass kicking

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

I need this shyt back

I'm tired of shooting every damn thing. Sometimes I want dope ass fighting styles and a bunch of ass kicking

Emulators :blessed:

Wait, can we discuss that stuff here:lupe:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I need this shyt back

Try out the Yakuza series if you haven't. The GOAT series of beat em ups in the last few console generations.