Old games you were amaze by that had features that's not prevalent now

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I rebought the BradyGames Strategy guide for nostalgia :mjcry:

The Bouncer was one of my favorite PS2 games.

The only other beat em up that tried to be innovative was Beat Down: Fists of Vengence.

You could pick from six different characters with different move sets. They could level up, learn new moves, dress em up in tons of different clothing, multiple endings. They even had Brawling mode and 1v1 mode for different fights. Even had an small open world...

:whoo: I never heard of that joint but it sounds like a game I'd have been all over! I hate that devs haven't come up with anything to advance beat em ups in forever, I hear that Mother Russia joint is cool though. I'll prolly check it out.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
* I miss L-cancelling, dash-dancing, wavedashing, momentum based physics, and all of the crazy tech you had in Super Smash Bros. Melee. 4 is still a cool game, but it's just not the same. :mjcry:

* I miss games having cheat codes. I guess you can't really do that anymore because of the internet, everyone would find all the secrets in minutes...

* Chrono Trigger's multiple endings :wow:

* I feel like Mario's moves and athleticism get nerfed more and more in every game. In 64 he could punch, kick, long jump, do sliding kicks, breakdance flares, etc. Go watch some Mario 64 speedruns. He plays like a ninja in that game. In the games now he's not nearly as nimble or agile. I also miss the series' experimental nature. It feels like they're just rehashing the tired NSMB-styled art/music/physics/etc. ad nauseam.

* Parrying in 3rd Strike :blessed:
(...Even though I'm not very good at it :to: )

* If they get rid of all the X-men in this new Marvel vs. Capcom... :pacspit:
they added Mario 64's moves into the new switch game coming out. I saw a video from the Japanese live stream of mario oddessey of a player making him do that ninja shyt.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Def Jam: Fight for NY
djny-2.png

-More than 70 characters. <---You're not going to get this amount without some being held back for DLC nowadays.
-Every rapper voiced their own character. <---I don't think this would even happen today.
-1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, Story Mode, Window Match, Subway Match, Inferno Match, Free for All, Demolition Match(destroy your opponent's car), Ring Out match
-Create your own character with 5 fighting styles to choice from, mix and match. Choice your voice for the character too.
-----
Budget games, not indie but budget games made by big companies.

NFL 2K5? The retail price was $19.99

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution? Retail price was $19.99

Katamari Damacy? Retail price was $19.99

Think about how insane this is, 3 of the best PS2 titles came out for around 20 dollars. All 3 are memorable and some of the best in their respective category.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
:whoo: I never heard of that joint but it sounds like a game I'd have been all over! I hate that devs haven't come up with anything to advance beat em ups in forever, I hear that Mother Russia joint is cool though. I'll prolly check it out.

You could recruit characters for your gang and if you hated someone who kept coming back to fight you, you could end their life :wow:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Def Jam: Fight for NY
djny-2.png

-More than 70 characters. <---You're not going to get this amount without some being held back for DLC nowadays.
-Every rapper voiced their own character. <---I don't think this would even happen today.
-1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, Story Mode, Window Match, Subway Match, Inferno Match, Free for All, Demolition Match(destroy your opponent's car), Ring Out match
-Create your own character with 5 fighting styles to choice from, mix and match. Choice your voice for the character too.
-----
Budget games, not indie but budget games made by big companies.

NFL 2K5? The retail price was $19.99

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution? Retail price was $19.99

Katamari Damacy? Retail price was $19.99

Think about how insane this is, 3 of the best PS2 titles came out for around 20 dollars. All 3 are memorable and some of the best in their respective category.

Throwing Snoop dog through a window :banderas:

Henry Rollins was your trainer,

Sticky Fingaz kidnapping your girl, setting the whole place on fire.

Oh damn the memories :mjcry:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Xenogears - Probably the best turn based fighting in RPG history, Nintendo can take a lesson from this game, and make Pokemon more "fun" during combat.

FFX - Switching characters and weapons mid battle. Still wondering why no other RPG uses this very easy and fun formulae.

Tecmo's Deception - Everybody likes a good ol game of mouse trap. Tons of set up, satisfying kills. Far Cry Primal utilized traps, but they were a gimmick, never required, and ultimately not worth investing into. More games need traps of all sorts. I love feeling like Jigsaw in Saw.

Completed games - Obligatory, cheap shot, but obligatory.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
they added Mario 64's moves into the new switch game coming out. I saw a video from the Japanese live stream of mario oddessey of a player making him do that ninja ____.

I was watching that like :blessed:

I hope they bring his punches and kicks back, and I'm glad that they're actually coming out with some new locations and a different art style, as opposed to rehashing the NSMB aesthetic for the 8214374891208347th time. :whew:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Playing college games in general. Nothing like creating a player and building up a program. I'd pay $100 to play an updated new game like this, no bs.

can't believe we lost ALL college sports as video games

there was nothing like taking a coach and 1 star team, and building them up to being 5 stars.... or building them up and getting an offer from your favorite school... then building them up and making them 5 star

i don't know why they don't do this for madden... if you're going to create a coach.. you shouldn't be able to start off getting the patriots job... you should have to prove yourself with a shytty team and get offers

Logmanjames

All Star
Daps
Still salty they removed the creation center from Fifa.:martin:

Just why? The in game create a player is so ass.