‘Okra is the most foul thing ever grown’: chefs on their most hated ingredients

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Thanks a lot, Breh. Now I want Church's & all of my local ones are closed.:stopitslime:

A 3 pc white with fried okra and a honey butter biscuit, though.
:ohlawd:
Only thing keeping Church's open in Oakland is their Okra, honey biscuits and that good ass corn on the cob :wow: shyt is worth the bad service and trip to the ghetto to cop for a cheat meal

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Brehs in here talking about who don't eat salmon...shyt I haven't had a piece of seafood since I was like 5 or 6, 24 now.

:mjgrin:

IslandG

All Star
Daps
“...horrible, hairy nut, and it’s not like the flesh is softly juicy. It’s watery, rock hard and brittle and gets stuck in your teeth. If I was on a desert island, I’d starve.”

:mjlol:Has this person ever had a fresh coconut? People don’t eat dry nuts like that.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cracked black pepper
I put peppercorns in braising dishes, soups and stocks because it’s a slow-release flavour, like bay leaf. I love them in Jewish chicken soup and in Filipino food. But I cannot be having cracked black pepper. I hate it as a cooking ingredient, where chefs in pretend-French-bistros season beef fillet with it or it gets into a béchamel. Then it’s automatically added to cooked food, where its fiery flavour can easily ruin a dish if it’s overused. The only thing you should put pepper on is eggs or steak, after cooking them.
Rachel Stockley, chef, Baratxuri, Ramsbottom

:mjtf:

I swear I want to think the idea that white people don't season shyt is a myth, but then I read shyt like this. :mjlol: