Oh Snap, Sony is actually SCARED of the Xbox One (delays PS4)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
As it should be. It has the system features, it had the more RAM, it has XBL. It has everything.
Its the do everything system, basically what sony tried to paint the PS3 as. It can do everything but stream movies with cinivia :scusthov:
But hey, at least you got a blu-ray player that the masses passed on :manny:

But back to the topic. As you may know by now, Sony has been in financial trouble for the last 5 or so years
Losing 6.4 BILLION last year alone. Now launching a new console only makes that loss increase.
Sony is trying to make money so they took away the camera, and took away a few other features they once promised (nothing out of the ordinary from sony there)
But then that story about xbox out shipping PS4 3 to 1
Its already been confirmed that "it appears that is the case" and with sony talking about "launch plans" instead of saying "launch date" then the writing is on the wall. PS4 will not be getting a worldwide release this year. Somebody said that all along, but I will protect the innocent :salute:

Now there was a rumor about Xbox having yield issues (proven false) but nobody has talked about PS4 yield issues.
But then why is this being reported then?
http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/58217-xbox-one-demand-through-roof-outship-ps4-3-to-1/

Well that answer is simple. Sony is scared of Xbox One. Lets be honest about this for a moment. The Xbox One from a pure system standpoint is a beautiful thing. TV integration the way it works, with your voice :wow: I wish I had that right now. I don't need any games. Just give me the box and the TV functionality and I'm good for now. The ps4 doesn't do this so its at a disadvantage already. They currently don't have better games either. So regardless of what a fanboy will tell you, sony isn't blind. They know they got problems. What the average consumer doesn't factor in is how everyone else will feel when they see this when they out in the wild? Xbots will be going crazy over how the system interacts with them. You won't be getting that on PS4. So then what? Xbox becomes more popular from a media perspective. "Look at this new Xbox device and how it works with you" will be the headlines on the news. Then they'll mention the PS4 while quickly going back to how cool the new xbox is :whew:

Sony is well aware of this, and so thats why they are holding off on too many PS4's at launch. If this thing turns as ugly as it appears? Having too many PS4's in the wild sitting on shelves like PS3's sat for those first 2yrs?
Well, that would be company suicide. There is nothing outside of fanboy fodder that would imply that things will be differently this gen. Just in case you forgot how it went down?

Jack Trentton aka George Washington can never tell a lie...
Sony's Jack Tretton and the $1200 quote
by Alexander Sliwinski on Feb 10th 2007 2:30PM

tretton1200.jpg
Jack Tretton, Sony Computer Entertainment America president and CEO, has always been good for some mind-blowing quotes begging to be written down by any journalist within earshot. However, nothing, and we mean nothing, can compare to the latest one in EGM's March issue: "If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1200 bucks for it." And every reader collectively gasps.

The guys at Penny Arcade wrapped themselves in the gooey goodness of that quote already and we'd certainly like to point out our photos from January (there's about $24,000 in that photo alone). The reason we're showing January images is becase an editor's note on the EGM piece says the interview took place in early Jan. 2007. Seriously though, even the EGM guys in the same interview say, "But we called 18 random retailers, including Best Buy and EB Games, and half of them had PS3s in stock ... some had as many as 20 in the store." Come on kids, everyone in the pool, Uncle Jack is giving out free money.
PS4: WHERE LYING IS MANDATORY!!!

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Why would they be scared of a console they were beating out with preorders :heh:

Xbox One: Where a wild imagination is mandatory
Chris, this is your first time around during a console launch. So this is all news to you. But check it...

The PS4 had better pre-orders for one week. That doesn't mean anything. Since then, xbox been doing its thing via pre-orders. You ignoring that makes it not reality or something :heh:
The question is why are you putting so much stock in preorders anyway? I know why fanboys would do that, but why would you do that :popcorn:

Once you hop off the hamster wheel, sony just like you and the rest of the 3cepts know the PS4 pales in comparison to xbox one. You wanna talk about TFLOPS and thats why any real gamer would want the PS4 :datazz: Tflops nikka!!!

If you put the POM POM's down, you'd notice that only one system is gonna change the way we interact with our electronic devices. Its easy to ignore this now before they release. But you can't ignore it when its here bruh :ufdup:
When the systems are actually here? You will be envious as fukk as the "Siri for home" console gets all this praise.
Wasn't cellphone owners envious when Siri was alone in the game? Sony will even try to copy some of it (PSeye functionality for the system) but it wont be the same, it won't compare. And thus it will be more of a negative than a positive. If anything I just said seems off to you, please explain. I truly want to know what your opinion on this is :handshake:

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
Why wouldn't they be? They got a fanbase that only reads thread titles

The thread title alone got :umad: The substance would literally :deadmanny: a stanikka

my man, you on xbox dikk wayyyyyyy too hard though

appreciate the effort but xbots already lost :manny:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
As it should be. It has the system features, it had the more RAM, it has XBL. It has everything.
Its the do everything system, basically what sony tried to paint the PS3 as. It can do everything but stream movies with cinivia :scusthov:
But hey, at least you got a blu-ray player that the masses passed on :manny:

But back to the topic. As you may know by now, Sony has been in financial trouble for the last 5 or so years
Losing 6.4 BILLION last year alone. Now launching a new console only makes that loss increase.
Sony is trying to make money so they took away the camera, and took away a few other features they once promised (nothing out of the ordinary from sony there)
But then that story about xbox out shipping PS4 3 to 1
Its already been confirmed that "it appears that is the case" and with sony talking about "launch plans" instead of saying "launch date" then the writing is on the wall. PS4 will not be getting a worldwide release this year. Somebody said that all along, but I will protect the innocent :salute:

Now there was a rumor about Xbox having yield issues (proven false) but nobody has talked about PS4 yield issues.
But then why is this being reported then?
http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/58217-xbox-one-demand-through-roof-outship-ps4-3-to-1/

Well that answer is simple. Sony is scared of Xbox One. Lets be honest about this for a moment. The Xbox One from a pure system standpoint is a beautiful thing. TV integration the way it works, with your voice :wow: I wish I had that right now. I don't need any games. Just give me the box and the TV functionality and I'm good for now. The ps4 doesn't do this so its at a disadvantage already. They currently don't have better games either. So regardless of what a fanboy will tell you, sony isn't blind. They know they got problems. What the average consumer doesn't factor in is how everyone else will feel when they see this when they out in the wild? Xbots will be going crazy over how the system interacts with them. You won't be getting that on PS4. So then what? Xbox becomes more popular from a media perspective. "Look at this new Xbox device and how it works with you" will be the headlines on the news. Then they'll mention the PS4 while quickly going back to how cool the new xbox is :whew:

Sony is well aware of this, and so thats why they are holding off on too many PS4's at launch. If this thing turns as ugly as it appears? Having too many PS4's in the wild sitting on shelves like PS3's sat for those first 2yrs?
Well, that would be company suicide. There is nothing outside of fanboy fodder that would imply that things will be differently this gen. Just in case you forgot how it went down?

Jack Trentton aka George Washington can never tell a lie...

PS4: WHERE LYING IS MANDATORY!!!

3oh0ea.jpg

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
my man, you on xbox dikk wayyyyyyy too hard though

appreciate the effort but xbots already lost :manny:
No I'm not, I just explained to you what sony's current strategy is for PS4. If that hurts your feelings, then maybe you are being a hypocrite :leon:
I'm not reading all that.

Is there any actual confirmation of this?
If your not reading it, then why do you want to know more info :dwillhuh:
This nikka wrote an essay to talk about Sony's unknown release date that he know NOTHING about? :dwillhuh:
:usure: This thread has nothing to do with the PS4 release date. But I know that date too :boss:
The date isn't important tho, its the amount of systems that is key. As you funboys are well aware of there are preorders. And for one week sony shined. The fanboys think sony had 2/3million more pre-orders than any item in the history of the planet. There is no word on sony having issues so its a done deal that PS4 will launch worldwide this year and there will be more than enough for this fall in the US. If those numbers are extremely limited, it couldn't be because of shortages. Not in todays age with the internet and the way info flies around like it does.

So you tell me :popcorn: "IF" there are less PS4's in the wild this fall, why is that? I know "how" your gonna answer that, just don't forget reality when you do. Fanboys remove reality from the equation most of the time. I have no reason to do that for sony, but I would love to hear your take on this :lawd:
Breh u gotta break that 1st post down into installments, chapters, or at the very least, paragraphs.
My montior broke a lil while ago, so I'm doing this on a 720pTV and its broken up into paragraphs on my screen. I know different resolutions make text look different. Sorry, best I can do when I'm on my desktop :manny: