OH HELL NAW: Yvette Carnell Got a White Wife?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not picking sides but the woman and her friend Tone just went in on how the film "Black Panther" serves as escapism from AA life (no shyt it's a film based on a comic book it's supposed to be fantasy. Aren't comic books supposed to be targeted to kids first. Do we expect our children to stop enjoying "kid things" and be "woke" about wealth inequalities and the "veil" or illusion of Black wealth.

Secondly, they criticized the cast not having enough AA cast members (too many Africans) when the lead Chadwick Boseman is AA.

Third, they complained about how Black Panther is the wealthiest superhero and how this fact does not reflect the lives of AAs in America and how Black Panther's country/kingdom is a wealthy nation which again isn't a reflection of Black America.

These youtubers have all these things they want to criticize left and right and go on these feuds against each other. I want them to have that same fervor when the mi-term elections roll around. I expect this lady to do a full video highlighting candidates in all the key states running and highlight their policy and how their politics would benefit Black Americans as a collective.

All this regurgitating of wealth stats or lack thereof and how AAs are downtrodden and can't be assisted UNLESS for govt. intervention and practice of "Black Politics" is futile unless you go the extra mile and this congressional race presents an opportunity for these types to really put work in. IF she can't do it nationwide, then she should focus on her home state or other youtuber's home state.
link

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Thanks for the link because reading the written recap of the show..I hard a heard time believing that it was real.
They are buggin and going of the deep end..from the first 15 minutes I've listened to already.

For some more context into just how much they are bugging..... I saw Coming to America in theater wen it came out. Years later I heard about some of the controversy about it's release. This is pre internet when there were only a handful of important media outlets and forums to promote films.

Some racist film reviewer wrote something along the lines of "Zamunda being an unrealistic portrayal of Africa". Because the citizens are portrayed favorably, he had a problem with it. I tracked down the review years ago, and will try to post it here.
YC and this Tone guy are making the same case essentially. Angry that a fictional African country is portrayed in a favorable light on film. WOW!!

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Thanks for the link because reading the written recap of the show..I hard a heard time believing that it was real.
They are buggin and going of the deep end..from the first 15 minutes I've listened to already.

For some more context into just how much they are bugging..... I saw Coming to America in theater wen it came out. Years later I heard about some of the controversy about it's release. This is pre internet when there were only a handful of important media outlets and forums to promote films.

Some racist film reviewer wrote something along the lines of "Zamunda being an unrealistic portrayal of Africa". Because the citizens are portrayed favorably, he had a problem with it. I tracked down the review years ago, and will try to post it here.
YC and this Tone guy are making the same case essentially. Angry that a fictional African country is portrayed in a favorable light on film. WOW!!

Didn't even pick that up in my analysis great catch. I am not familiar with comic books but only picking up on it in terms of the substance of the Black Panther story as a result of the much hyped anticipated release. These guys are destroying the validity of their arguments by antics such as this. An example where hyper tribalism can lead to actually someone who considers themselves a "Black advocate" regurgitating white supremacist talking points.

Again, I want to see these two really put work in in terms of informing their audiences when these congressional races start heating up in 2018. Inform their followers about who's who and their policies benefiting or hurting Black Americans since they are staunch advocate of "Black Politics" and believe the ONLY solution to the wealth problem and others affecting the AA community is through public office or government.

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Didn't even pick that up in my analysis great catch. I am not familiar with comic books but only picking up on it in terms of the substance of the Black Panther story as a result of the much hyped anticipated release. These guys are destroying the validity of their arguments by antics such as this. Again, I want to see these two really put work in in terms of informing their audiences when these congressional races start heating up in 2018. Inform their followers about who's who and their policies benefiting or hurting Black Americans since they are staunch advocate of "Black Politics" and believe the ONLY solution to the wealth problem and others affecting the AA community is through public office or government.

This is dumb.

The whole aim of Yvette and Tonetalk is to get AAs to see themselves as an entity.
No point in discussing political candidates for something like reparations if AAs don't understand that they are AAs.
The tonetalks podcast didn't say Black folks can't have fun, it was about the origin of the Black Panther logo and comparing Lowndes County with Wakanda.

Really, you are from the Congo and Get The Nets is from Haiti and attempt to find dumb covert ways to hate on folks who aren't speaking to you...you aren't their audience but the transparent hate means they definitely strike a nerve.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is dumb.

The whole aim of Yvette and Tonetalk is to get AAs to see themselves as an entity.
No point in discussing political candidates for something like reparations if AAs don't understand that they are AAs.
The tonetalks podcast didn't say Black folks can't have fun, it was about the origin of the Black

Really, you are from the Congo and Get The Nets is from Haiti and attempt to find dumb covert ways to hate on folks who aren't speaking to you...you aren't their audience but the transparent hate means they definitely strike a nerve.
How many times must Poitier be dissed
before somebody says don't fukk with Kris?

0.jpg

====

sir-sidney-poitier-bridge.jpg

Call out African and Caribbean members for meddling in AA matters while using a Caribbean actor for your username, Broham!

myphoto_180_.jpg

Last edited:

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
This is dumb.

The tonetalks podcast didn't say Black folks can't have fun, it was about the origin of the Black

I don't have any type of energy to "hate" on youtube personalities or their audiences. Is the goal self-awareness as an entity just for the sake of it or self-awareness as a stepping stone to get what you are owed. Their solution to get that claim is through political awareness and political means not entrepreneurship or any other avenues. This is the constant theme in damn near every video I have seen of them. So why not inform your audience on which political figures locally that would bring about that claim whether it is reparation or not. Things such as extension of certain social programs is one goal that affects the audience that YC and T claim to speak for and it's not as complex or political controversial as reparations.

I don't need anybody speaking to me about anything. When you make the argument that a FICTIONAL comic book series somehow can contribute to the illusion of Black wealth, you have lost all your marbles. The rapper, entertainer argument holds water and merit but NOT this one. Any objective person can see that and make the distinction.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I don't have any type of energy to "hate" on youtube personalities or their audiences.

You just typed a bunch of paragraphs full off fluff.

So why not inform your audience on which political figures locally that would bring about that claim whether it is reparation or not.

The audience has to know its the audience.
AAs forming a much clearer sense of ethnic identity with the oncoming waves of Black immigrants is a relatively recent thing.
Yvette clearly approaches each of her shows as an appeal for AAs to see themselves as AA and once her message has a big enough platform then maybe the stuff you wan to see becomes viable.

When you make the argument that a FICTIONAL comic book series somehow can contribute to the illusion of Black wealth, you have lost all your marbles.

You're not AA, so who cares what you think?
Yall dap up Phonzi's BS post about media being this all powerful thing so don't pick and chose when you want to buy into that idea.
Furthermore, the meat of that podcast was comparing Lowndes County (an extremely poor county in America) where the Black Panther logo originated with the world of Wakanda...two worlds on the opposite ends of the spectrum which makes it highly ironic.
Whether yall like it or not, shyt is escapism but they never said no one shouldn't escape and enjoy the movie.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
You just typed a bunch of paragraphs full off fluff.

The audience has to know its the audience.
AAs forming a much clearer sense of ethnic identity with the oncoming waves of Black immigrants is a relatively recent thing.
Yvette clearly approaches each of her shows as an appeal for AAs to see themselves as AA and once her message has a big enough platform then maybe the stuff you wan to see becomes viable.

You're not AA, so who cares what you think?
Yall dap up Phonzi's BS post about media being this all powerful thing so don't pick and chose when you want to buy into that idea.
Furthermore, the meat of that podcast was comparing Lowndes County (an extremely poor county in America) where the Black Panther logo originated with the world of Wakanda...two worlds on the opposite ends of the spectrum which makes it highly ironic.
Whether yall like it or not, shyt is escapism but they never said no one shouldn't escape and enjoy the movie.

No,my paragraph was not fluff. You stated that reparations was too hot of a political issue for politicians to run on and that therefore people it would be futile for people like Yvette to do what I suggested which is to inform their audiences and analyze politicians who can be beneficial to their interests (you know real work) instead of having a nonsense rebuttal to every pop culture event .I said that extension of social programs is nowhere as polarizing as reparations and maybe politicians who run on that platform as advocates can be looked at.

I am not AA and you are not African nobody tells you not to post on African issues. Unlike you I was actually born and raised in the country where you say my opinion shouldn't matter. I somewhat have more of a standing when commenting on American issues than you do on African issues because you probably haven's set foot on that continent if we are going to go down that line of reasoning. Lastly, I don't know nor care who Phonzi is.

You are so much of a disciple that you can't be objective.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You stated that reparations was too hot of a political issue

No I didn't. I very clearly said the people (AAs) who should be for reparations have to be aware that they are AAs and not just "Black" before having the numbers to do what you think should be happening :skip:

Yvette is doing a great job making an appeal for the need for AA identity and mobilizing a lot of folks....and that has a lot of you upset.

Funny enough on this very site, folks use to hate me for the same thing Yvette does on a larger scale. Now you got a large user base tagging #AAgang. The awareness has to be built.

I am not AA and you are not African nobody tells you not to post on African issues.

Outside of ancient African history, you rarely if ever see me making commentary on African issues and definitely not on their contemporary cultures (plural):mjgrin:

I somewhat have more of a standing when commenting on American issues than you do on African issues.

Wrong :pachaha:

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
I am not upset just pointing out that these two have lost their marbles with this Black Panther argument. I don't come online claiming sets, to get tribal, I come to gain knowledge and give some out if I have any. You are the one that seem bothered by ANY critic of these two. Stop lying you comment on contemporary issues on Africa.