OG GMB Advice "Buy your house before you get married"

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I have a hard time believing men are the ones who made these laws, but they are :snoop:. My question is why? Definitely some rich simps.

Pretty sure they were created because rich men are like banks to everyone involved in divorce cases (wife, lawyers, court, etc)

Without wealthy men, divorce wouldn't be lucrative at all. It's a business.

Daps
Already did this. If you're smart it's hard to get played.

I don't think your situation is in the spirit of this thread though. yea you bought your house before you got married, but you bought it with your girl. you might as well be married anyway in the eyes of the law. if things go south you will get the shaft.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
"And only have it in your name so when yall get divorced, they cant give it to her"

-Old Military Head at work just told me this.

:ehh:
A revocable trust with you as the settler/grantor will safeguard your assets much better than simply hoping a judge doesn't find a way to take it from you in a divorce settlement. People can add parents/family members to it to shift control during a situation such as a divorce/death etc. Women have been granted and obtained lump sum payments from earnings PRIOR to the marriage as well as stocks/intellectual property etc. You should own it...but "you" shouldn't own it at the same time :mjgrin:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think your situation is in the spirit of this thread though. yea you bought your house before you got married, but you bought it with your girl. you might as well be married anyway in the eyes of the law. if things go south you will get the shaft.

The only property that she would have access to would be the one we bought together. I don't have a problem with that. Once again, there are things to do in order to mitigate the potential damage of a divorce. First thing is to pick the right person.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
She can still be entitled to a piece of the house so this thread is pointless lol
only if you let her pay into that house... so it's not irrelevant

nikkas need to be smarter and realize marriage isn't about love.. it's about a contract.. you got to be smart. you don't want to lose your house, protect it by keeping it YOUR house

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
only if you let her pay into that house... so it's not irrelevant

nikkas need to be smarter and realize marriage isn't about love.. it's about a contract.. you got to be smart. you don't want to lose your house, protect it by keeping it YOUR house
Nope

She is entitled to a piece either way she doesn't have to pay anything