OG GMB Advice "Buy your house before you get married"

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Stop it.

There is very little risk in co-habitating. Only 16 states recognize common law marriage. And the rest of the "risk" you're talking about can be mitigated by you not getting caught up over superficial shyt like "a fat ass".
Get a woman with an education, and see how rewarding a mutually-beneficial relationship can be.

Or get an iron-clad prenuptial agreement. :manny:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's what I'm saying. Men shouldn't marry for love. Men should marry because they want children and they've found a responsible woman with her own shyt with whom to have those children.

If you don't want kids, I wouldn't advise you to get married.
I hear you. I don't think I could not marry for love though. I can't even make a baby with a woman who I am not in love with.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I hear you. I don't think I could not marry for love though. I can't even make a baby with a woman who I am not in love with.

I mean, I'm not saying you shouldn't LOVE the woman you marry. Absolutely love needs to be a component of your union. I'm just saying, if you have love but no desire to raise children, don't get married.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
I don't think a prenup is what most people think a prenup is, though.
Dudes probably think, "I've got a prenup, she's walking away with NOTHING. :jawalrus:" which is just not how it works.

It isn't but the courts respect valid contracts between parties and tend to avoid interfering with them, unless they're illegal and/or unconscionable.

If dudes are really worried about losing their belongings, talk to your soon-to-be-wife and negotiate as to what happens in the case of a divorce. Compromise this to get that. And make sure she hires her own attorney to review the agreement.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Marriage is 80% duty, 20% romance. If you know this going in and have realistic expectations, then go for it.
Don't get married if you're expecting it to be some fairytale shyt that drives itself.

There's a reason why marriages have a 50% chance of ending up in divorce, that's overwhelmingly more likely to be initiated by women than men.

But let them have it.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sounds good on paper but situations, circumstances and a persons beliefs can bring the worse out of them.

Don't disagree, but again many broads show signs. Cats need to not marry so quick. Live with a broad first minimum. See how she handles shyt. See their maturity. The signs are there.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GTFOH...so now whatever the law says is right is ethically right as well? The problem is she can legally get damn near EVERYTHING, whether or not she contributed to obtaining the assets. That is the best scheme/scam I ever heard of in my life and the law backs it up! She will be claiming to take things she knows she has no right to for whatever little emotional reason. Justified entitlement is the major problem here.
:yawn: