OG GMB Advice "Buy your house before you get married"

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
A woman wanting half of the shyt in a divorce isn't trifling though. You could be in love with a great woman and still break up, that's just how relationships work. And there isn't anything wrong with her wanting to get what she legally can get.

No doubt, problem is those who haven't contributed to the half wanting half. :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A woman wanting half of the shyt in a divorce isn't trifling though. You could be in love with a great woman and still break up, that's just how relationships work. And there isn't anything wrong with her wanting to get what she legally can get.
GTFOH...so now whatever the law says is right is ethically right as well? The problem is she can legally get damn near EVERYTHING, whether or not she contributed to obtaining the assets. That is the best scheme/scam I ever heard of in my life and the law backs it up! She will be claiming to take things she knows she has no right to for whatever little emotional reason. Justified entitlement is the major problem here.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Not a bad plan in theory, but if she's putting any money towards the household, she is still entitled to some of the post-marital equity.

In certain jurisdictions, even if the house is solely in one spouse's name, in the case of a divorce, it'll still be considered marital property if the other spouse resides in the house for some time during the marriage or even contributes to making improvements or maintenance repairs on it.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
GTFOH...so now whatever the law says is right is ethically right as well? The problem is she can legally get damn near EVERYTHING, whether or not she contributed to obtaining the assets. That is the best scheme/scam I ever heard of in my life and the law backs it up! She will be claiming to take things she knows she has no right to for whatever little emotional reason. Justified entitlement is the major problem here.

I don't know about ethically right, but logically yea. A woman was half the union so she gets half the post-union assets. This isn't rocket science.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if she doesn't pay the cable bill, she's entitled to half the post-marital assets.
lol

So I can't get married...
and I can't even live with a woman who's company I enjoy.
Why are relationships with women so damn risky?...emotionally, financially, spiritually, you name it.
I have a hard time believing men are the ones who made these laws, but they are :snoop:. My question is why? Definitely some rich simps.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps

The coli thinks women should walk away from a divorce with nothing. Even if she helped pay for half of everything.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know about ethically right, but logically yea. A woman was half the union so she gets half the post-union assets. This isn't rocket science.
The surprising part is the risk involved with just living with a woman you are in a relationship with.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
lol

Why are relationships with women so damn risky?...emotionally, financially, spiritually, you name it.
I have a hard time believing men are the ones who made these laws, but they are :snoop:. My question is why? Definitely some rich simps.

Sure you can get married.
The way to hedge your "risk" is by not getting down on your knee for a woman who brings nothing to the table.
If you marry an equal instead of marrying for say... looks or because she has a fat ass, then the risk of you "losing" in a divorce is significantly lessened.

Basically, choose better women.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
The surprising part is the risk involved with just living with a woman you are in a relationship with.

Stop it.

There is very little risk in co-habitating. Only 16 states recognize common law marriage. And the rest of the "risk" you're talking about can be mitigated by you not getting caught up over superficial shyt like "a fat ass".
Get a woman with an education, and see how rewarding a mutually-beneficial relationship can be.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
lol

they made these laws because they dont want single mothers on welfare

spousal support >>>>>>> state support everytime

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Stop it.

There is very little risk in co-habitating. Only 16 states recognize common law marriage. And the rest of the "risk" you're talking about can be mitigated by you not getting caught up over superficial shyt like "a fat ass".
Get a woman with an education, and see how rewarding a mutually-beneficial relationship can be.
There is no sure fired way to evade a divorce no matter your partner's socioeconomic background. It's a gamble betting on love, simple as that to me.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Women change during divorces. Lawyers make sure of that.

They be having this playing in the elevator and in the lobby as she comes in to meet with her lawyer.

Divorce really brings out the natural greed in women....cuz theres no way a lawyer or a womans friends should be able to convince a woman they deserve the illogical shyt they fight for during divorces:snoop:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
There is no sure fired way to evade a divorce no matter your partner's socioeconomic background. It's a gamble betting on love, simple as that to me.

That's what I'm saying. Men shouldn't marry for love. Men should marry because they want children and they've found a responsible woman with her own shyt with whom to have those children.

If you don't want kids, I wouldn't advise you to get married.