Officially "Dopesick" Hulu and "Painkiller" Netflix thread Out Now

Daps
Agreed with the consensus of this thread.. this is a really good show. People are sleeping on this.

I wish they would’ve delved deeper into how the Black market Oxy was being supplied. Hard to believe volume could be maintained by knocking off random pharmacies and getting doctors to write scripts. They briefly mentioned “whales” aka doctors who were prescribing very large amounts, so maybe it was coming from them. But it wouldn’t surprise me if Purdue had a more direct pipeline to that market as well…

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Agreed with the consensus of this thread.. this is a really good show. People are sleeping on this.

I wish they would’ve delved deeper into how the Black market Oxy was being supplied. Hard to believe volume could be maintained by knocking off random pharmacies and getting doctors to write scripts. They briefly mentioned “whales” aka doctors who were prescribing very large amounts, so maybe it was coming from them. But it wouldn’t surprise me if Purdue had a more direct pipeline to that market as well…
pill mills were poppin off until the govt started closely regulating it. folks were going town to town with new scripts. now the drugs are shorted purposely.

Daps
This show is so good. writing gets a little lame/campy at times but the actor performances make up for it.

when Michael Keaton character asked the sales kid for more pills, damn I lowkey was not expecting that wow. Michael's performance in this show is perfection. Such a good actor. & When Betsy got offered pills by that old lady at the AA meeting. Damn smdh.

I simply did not care for majority of Rosario dawsons scenes with her ex husband... Very lame fast forwarded most of it.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
shyt was amazing everyone killed their roles. I just don't like Rosarios character relationship with that cac even though she's based off of a real person black people in IR relationships usually get the boogerwolfs and she was a bush stan :picard: .

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Watching now. Hulu needs to promote their shows better because this shyt is :whew:

It's the white Wire:russ:
stringer-bell-atef.gif

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
You know a show is good when you hate the actor in real life… that Sackler mf has a very punchable face

Keaton is killing this role I’m actually hoping he pulls thru

This show is why I’ve never taken a pain killer in my life… I remember they prescribed me some bullshyt when i had my wisdom teeth pulled.. I thugged it out with Tylenol Pm and BC powders
Don't know if codeine in the category but I had that shyt after surgery one time and :ohlawd: You don't feel nothing, I'd take it and then wake up later and don't even remember falling asleep.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
some of the acting here is exceptional

heavy but the fact its based on real events is INSANE

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
some of the acting here is exceptional

heavy but the fact its based on real events is INSANE
The scene when the doctor invites the OxY salesman to his rehab center and explains how he lost everything and the salesman is trying to ask for forgiveness and the doctor ends the convo with you got any OXY samples :damn:. The look on the salesman was finally full realization of how dangerous oxy was even though he already knew it was a fukked up drug. But that moment made him realized how fukked up it was. Amazing acting.