Officially "Dopesick" Hulu and "Painkiller" Netflix thread Out Now

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Netflix just dropped "PainKiller" which is essentially the same, but Dopesick is executed way better with top notch acting

I feel like dopesick got buried, because this story is still continuing... IYKYK
It's main flaw was being on Hulu, who doesn't promote their shyt well. Neither does Netflix

Dopesick would've been bigger on a network like ABC. But with the subject matter I doubt it would be on ABC:francis:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
It's main flaw was being on Hulu, who doesn't promote their shyt well. Neither does Netflix

Dopesick would've been bigger on a network like ABC. But with the subject matter I doubt it would be on ABC:francis:
It does two things:

1: the destruction of the American middle class

2. Corporations being super greedy

Neither will play well in the heartland

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702

Dopesick won a decent amount of awards, but PainKiller will get more views because it's sensationalizes the whole thing

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
I watched Painkiller first then circled back to Dopesick. I thought Dopesick was very well done and did a bit of a better job of showing how Purdue specifically targeted blue collar communities due to the nature of their work.

It always surprises me that stuff like this isn’t a bigger deal. I think white people shy away from showing their hardships and dysfunction. But we can get a million shows showing Black people doing bad and strung out. Just like people act like Season 2 of The Wire doesn’t exist.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I watched Painkiller first then circled back to Dopesick. I thought Dopesick was very well done and did a bit of a better job of showing how Purdue specifically targeted blue collar communities due to the nature of their work.

It always surprises me that stuff like this isn’t a bigger deal. I think white people shy away from showing their hardships and dysfunction. But we can get a million shows showing Black people doing bad and strung out. Just like people act like Season 2 of The Wire doesn’t exist.
The biggest takeaway from these shows is how truly fukked this whole system is. Like, yes, the Sacklers suck but all the things in place to stop them were steamrolled because our entire country is set up in a way for that shyt to happen. Government officials and politicians not doing their jobs for hopes of personal financial gain was the most infuriating part of this shyt to me.

I’m not an antivaxxer but it always rubbed me the wrong way the way a lot of genuinely skeptical people were shyt on for having pause and doubts when it comes to taking the vaccine as if any of these people should be trusted. And I’m saying this as someone who took the shot.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

American Crime had a kind of similar vibe.

KRayner

All Star
Daps
just started painkiller, finished episode 2 and it’s piff :banderas:

i was prescribed oxys after surgery, i didn’t like how i felt on them, thank god i wasn’t addicted