Official #YSLTheLabel Trial Thread: Update - YSL Continues to make spectacles of themselves in court

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is Gunna's lawyer's response

In the statement that Gunna made in court, he acknowledged what he had to, but none of his statements are admissible against others in this case. The State is not permitted to use out-of-court statements as evidence in the RICO case. The State will not call him as a witness because he will use his 5th amendment. This neutralized Gunna to keep him out of the case. He is no longer part of this case.

In terms of his statement, Gunna was not specific in terms of which crimes he saw other YSL members doing - it may have been as trivial as smoking marijuana. No defendant would be so foolish as to call Gunna as a witness because they don’t know what he would say and he would take the 5th anyway.

Regarding Gunna's statement about getting arrested in the car with Young Thug, Gunna stated that the guns and drugs were not his. Gunna stating that those items are not his doesn't mean Young Thug is guilty. Thug will probably make the same statement about the items not being his as well.

The deal I made for Gunna has "built in every protection for everyone". It doesn't hurt anyone that still involved in this case.

If Gunna didn't take this plea deal, he would have waited 6-8 months in jail only for a jury to find him not guilty.
Proves what I was saying earlier to be correct.

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates

If Gunna didn't take this plea deal, he would have waited 6-8 months in jail only for a jury to find him not guilty.
LMFAO. He was so innocent so he decided to take a plea deal in the middle of a Rico case.the state got what they wanted from him, him admitting in open court the gang exist. :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: LMFAO this shyt jokes.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Gunna is clearly telling, the DA isn't going to give someone a nice offer like that without strings attached. We'll see how a lot of this plays out once trial starts.

But I find it assuming that the narrative is split on this one. The energy rap fans had with sixnine is completely different here. The industry being hella quiet shows people are picking and choosing sides behind closed doors.
I know calling someone a rat sounds cool but my whole issue with snitching is that you're able to participate and promote criminality and you cant take any accountability once your in the hot seat, plus throwing your co defendants under a bus in the process.
Gunna is finished.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Nah, says he can plead the fifth, which I’m 100% certain he will do.

Lets say the rico case goes away.. You got Thug & Gunna in the car still with drugs and a gun.

You have Gunna in court admitting the guns and drugs were not his. He made this statement as part of his plea. You telling me he’s going to plead the 5th and terminate his agreement?

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, says he can plead the fifth, which I’m 100% certain he will do.
He can plead the fifth on crimes that may implicate him. If they ask him “is YSL a gang” “have you seen them commit crimes in furtherance of the organization” he can’t plead the fifth.

They don’t need him to verify specific crimes for the RICO, just that they are a criminal organzation. They don’t need to use his statement if they can ask him on the stand. If he gives a different answer he can be charged with perjury. He can’t plead the fifth to every single question they ask.

I don’t know how strong their RICO case is, but they can definitely use him to strengthen it.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Lets say the rico case goes away.. You got Thug & Gunna in the car still with drugs and a gun.

You have Gunna in court admitting the guns and drugs were not his. He made this statement as part of his plea. You telling me he’s going to plead the 5th and terminate his agreement?
He has to answer "truthfully". The "truth" is the guns and drugs weren't his. The State does not know if he knows specifically who gun and drugs those are. Obviously that points to Thug, but it's up to the State to prove that the guns and drugs are his.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He has to answer "truthfully". The "truth" is the guns and drugs weren't his. The State does not know if he knows specifically who gun and drugs those are. Obviously that points to Thug, but it's up to the State to prove that the guns and drugs are his.
And I saw something where thug can say they weren’t his either :yeshrug:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s not going to testify. He’ll do the community service and that will be the end of his story with this case.

That's if everyone doesn't take it to trial and take a plea deal...Gunna is banking on everyone taking pleas lol

If the 2 dudes who kidnapped 69 never took it to trial; it would've been hard to confirm 69 snitched