Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I just caught up yesterday, but is it true that "I love u rakeem" was originally supposed to use the deniece Williams sample, or did rza make up a :duck: to save face for that wall ass song???

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I just caught up yesterday, but is it true that "I love u rakeem" was originally supposed to use the deniece Williams sample, or did rza make up a :duck: to save face for that wall ass song???
The OG has already been posted.

Song is terrible either way. :mjlol:

Keeping it a buck, “Come Do Me” wasn’t a bad song. :hubie: “We Love You Rakeem” was always trash. Not sure what the labels were thinking.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
All I'm saying is...can you picture WZA (this weirdo Ashton) spitting RZA verse off "Wu Gambino s"???

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Now... i revisited The UMC's 1991 Fruits of Nature LP...
besides the fact Hass G produced SEVERAL ghost tracks..
on a few songs he mentions Wu-tang..

UMCs where the only to really rep the staten in 91.. i rememebr thinking the Rakeem kid was from hemstead.. i dont know why . i think once on video music box or something they said that... i think cause nobody really was from staten island and LI was popping after De La and Leaders.. maybe thats the plan tommy Boy rolled with

As producer

on any way the wind blows .. which does sound like a pre rza beat..
Well it came to my attention, many had slept on the U
(Even so, show 'em that you kept on and grew)

Yeah I did, this is from a flow and yes a master
Wu-Tang blower on the board

You pass the microphone to the UMC Hasi'

And leave me with no other choice (and what)
So I flow it for the posse (right)
That would include, the Kunis and me

It surely includes, Prophet and Kwase
No doubt it includes, my little brother Krunch
RNS, Big Burn and Little Munch

ok.. i found out who RNS is.. i think he's the cat that prodiced the song for D-Lover after RZA did the park hill joint.
A-191265-1427837369-9203.jpeg.jpg

RNS
Profile:
Influential rap producer from Staten Island, NY, who worked with seminal rap act UMC'S years before reportedly loaning his Ensoniq EPS sampler to fellow Staten Island producer RZA, which resulted in the first Wu-Tang Clan album. He remained connected to the Wu collective through production/mixed studio work for Gravediggaz, GP Wu, and perhaps most directly, Shyheim.
Aliases:
Arby Quinn

Last edited:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Song is terrible either way. :mjlol:

Keeping it a buck, “Come Do Me” wasn’t a bad song. :hubie: “We Love You Rakeem” was always trash. Not sure what the labels were thinking.
i agree. "come do me" is passable.. "we love you rakeem" is straight buns. first time i heard it i was mad confused as to how that person was the same person called "the rza"

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Brooklyn Zoo is about the guy that shot him in the stomach.
It all started with Protect Ya Neck ... shame on you .... odb STRAIGHT FROM THE Brooklyn Zu.. notice in Brooklyn zoo all he said was shame on you when when step to the odb Brooklyn zoo... they was no straight from cause he was talking to the cat named Brooklyn zoo ( longer story)....so its the guy who shot him over the name and the gun jammed and he shot him in the stomach .. thats why odb raps i could never be taken out by a niiika who couldnt pull the gun trigger (because the jam)...

theres more but that the bullet points... only thing i remember hearing was you aint brooklyn zoo son i'm brooklyn zoo...

listen to the song and adlibs from the pov of him talking to the cat that shot him and the meaning is different

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Tonights ep was :snooze:

Just gonna paste my post in the booth because its not worth any more effort than that:

Who is this big nikka, how did he find out where RZA lived so quickly, and is this based on something that actually happened or is this strictly for the show? :gucci:

Ghost's interpretation of the kung fu flicks was a semi-funny joke that went about 3 minutes too long.

Other than that...nothing of importance happened.

Follow up the best episode of the season with two part filler brehs :snoop: