Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No way, 370? June too crowded to hit that mark. If it does, then great but idk.

Transformers and despicable me 3 will have an effect on the Numbers, but I think you will see more mother's and their daughters in theaters more so than the typical comic book movie... Usually I find there are more men and boys than females

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Transformers and despicable me 3 will have an effect on the Numbers, but I think you will see more mother's and their daughters in theaters more so than the typical comic book movie... Usually I find there are more men and boys than females
Well, it has to have a huge opening weekend like 150+. The new Pirates opens a week before, but that movie seems to have no hype so hopefully for WW it doesn't cut too much into their earnings. Transformers and Dispicable me come out at the end of June so they don't pose a threat. Mummy comes out a week from WW and that will do modest numbers, nothing crazy in the states. But Cars 3 comes out two weeks from WW and I have no idea how that is tracking. Those kids movies usually bank but I thought Cars 2 was terrible? Never saw it but that was the word.

So for WW to hit 370 in the states, that would be huge. All depends on that opening weekend then word of mouth.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, it has to have a huge opening weekend like 150+. The new Pirates opens a week before, but that movie seems to have no hype so hopefully for WW it doesn't cut too much into their earnings. Transformers and Dispicable me come out at the end of June so they don't pose a threat. Mummy comes out a week from WW and that will do modest numbers, nothing crazy in the states. But Cars 3 comes out two weeks from WW and I have no idea how that is tracking. Those kids movies usually bank but I thought Cars 2 was terrible? Never saw it but that was the word.

So for WW to hit 370 in the states, that would be huge. All depends on that opening weekend then word of mouth.

I think what will help WW is this is the first major comic book movie that can really pull in girls of all ages along with mother's and aunts etc

Yet still grab the male audience especially the DC Fanboys

What will hurt it is that previous dc movies have been avg at best

Cars 3 is really only going to grab the 10 and younger crowd

I'm not checking for pirates or the mummy....I haven't even seen any previews for the mummy

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I think what will help WW is this is the first major comic book movie that can really pull in girls of all ages along with mother's and aunts etc

Yet still grab the male audience especially the DC Fanboys

What will hurt it is that previous dc movies have been avg at best

Cars 3 is really only going to grab the 10 and younger crowd

I'm not checking for pirates or the mummy....I haven't even seen any previews for the mummy
I'm not sold on the whole, women will go out in droves to see it, however I'm sure there will be more than usual.

Still needs a massive opening weekend tho to come close to 370. No less than 150.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not sold on the whole, women will go out in droves to see it, however I'm sure there will be more than usual.

Still needs a massive opening weekend tho to come close to 370. No less than 150.

Well I never said in droves I just said higher than the usual comic book movie

For example my 2 sisters, my mother, and aunt are going to go see it along with my 2 nieces

The only other comic book movies they have seen are the Nolan Batman movies

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

He's the guy that sets up showtimes with the theaters and determines how many screens to run

Scrolled through his twitter and he seems to just be talking out of his ass.

The last tracking I saw (which admittedly, can be wildly off) had WW at less than $100 million opening weekend. I don't see how it could crawl anywhere near that number in the middle of summer.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

The last tracking I saw (which admittedly, can be wildly off) had WW at less than $100 million opening weekend. I don't see how it could crawl anywhere near that number in the middle of summer.

Pirates is tracking more than F8 (90+) according to the trades today and box-office pro had it at 60-70M OW

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

He's the guy that sets up showtimes with the theaters and determines how many screens to run

Yeah idk, it would have to have 150+ opening to come even close to 370.

I'm thinking it does between 90-110.