Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You don't like comic book movies but they are always on your mind? How's that work?
A lot of times breh I'm browsing and come across a thread like this, plus I'm a casual comic book reader. I love some of the early IDW Transformers stuff, and can appreciate some other works like the Alien/Predator Fire and Stone series, or classic ish like the Killing Joke. My thing is 95% of that stuff should remain off screen because Hollywood cannot do it justice. Taking that into consideration along with obvious social agendas (Wonder Woman, Supergirl seriously? Black male lead who dies so a cactress can do better in Force Awakens right when Obama is about to usher in Hilary) its hard not to be cynical and find it all to be amusing. I mean be honest, you really think an anorexic b level cactress with a sword in Manhattan is gonna make for a great film? I don't.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
A lot of times breh I'm browsing and come across a thread like this, plus I'm a casual comic book reader. I love some of the early IDW Transformers stuff, and can appreciate some other works like the Alien/Predator Fire and Stone series, or classic ish like the Killing Joke. My thing is 95% of that stuff should remain off screen because Hollywood cannot do it justice. Taking that into consideration along with obvious social agendas (Wonder Woman, Supergirl seriously? Black male lead who dies so a cactress can do better in Force Awakens right when Obama is about to usher in Hilary) its hard not to be cynical and find it all to be amusing. I mean be honest, you really think an anorexic b level cactress with a sword in Manhattan is gonna make for a great film? I don't.
if that is a real spoiler..... the neg train will be endless :ufdup:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
OK,but you are just saying the same thing over and over. We get it. You don't like comic book adaptations. Bring something new to the table.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yo, this cast is a heavy downgrade from what was initially posted. No Kidman, Green, and Bean is cutting into my enthusiasm for this.
I'd take Robin Wright over Nicole Kidman personally and Danny Huston is a seriously underrated actor. Same with Thewliss.
I am still crushed that Eva Green isn't in this though.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'd take Robin Wright over Nicole Kidman personally and Danny Huston is a seriously underrated actor. Same with Thewliss.
I am still crushed that Eva Green isn't in this though.
I like Danny Huston, Silver City is my joint. But mainly what I don't like is the movie is losing star power. The lead is relatively unknown it would be better to surround her with some stars rather than character actors. Like Robin Wright is as good an actress as Kidman but star power wise it is a downgrade.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I like Danny Huston, Silver City is my joint. But mainly what I don't like is the movie is losing star power. The lead is relatively unknown it would be better to surround her with some stars rather than character actors. Like Robin Wright is as good an actress as Kidman but star power wise it is a downgrade.
Not really, Kidman hasn't been a money in the bank A-list star in years while Wright is more marketable at the moment just based off of House of Cards.

Daps
First Set Photos:

2EE808DD00000578-0-image-a-3_1448820665204.jpg

2EE804C300000578-3338482-image-a-26_1448821116548.jpg

2EE810E700000578-3338482-image-a-28_1448821231690.jpg

2EE80A3B00000578-3338482-image-a-55_1448821751747.jpg

2EE8094F00000578-3338482-image-a-30_1448821308355.jpg

2EE8054B00000578-3338482-image-a-43_1448821483486.jpg

2EE80F8D00000578-3338482-image-a-65_1448821920940.jpg

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Lol...Wonder Woman is bigger than any self perceived agenda. This is long past due..lol@Iron Man having a flick before her.

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
A lot of times breh I'm browsing and come across a thread like this, plus I'm a casual comic book reader. I love some of the early IDW Transformers stuff, and can appreciate some other works like the Alien/Predator Fire and Stone series, or classic ish like the Killing Joke. My thing is 95% of that stuff should remain off screen because Hollywood cannot do it justice. Taking that into consideration along with obvious social agendas (Wonder Woman, Supergirl seriously?
Black male lead who dies so a cactress can do better in Force Awakens
right when Obama is about to usher in Hilary) its hard not to be cynical and find it all to be amusing. I mean be honest, you really think an anorexic b level cactress with a sword in Manhattan is gonna make for a great film? I don't.

Thanks for ruining the new Star Wars movie for me in a thread that has nothing to do with it. :martin:

Mods really need to start making examples out of these fakkits.