Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
watched this last weekend.

first Modern DC superhero movie I've seen that wasn't a batman movie

worst superhero movie I've seen that wasn't' the Captain America or Dr. Strange movies from the 80s/70s. Condorman was better than this.

For real. You can't say it was "Good", you can only say "It wasn't that bad :francis:"

Hell, my girl agreed that you could've replaced Wonder Woman with the 12 year old Molly Hayes from Runaways and had the exact same movie.

Props on the "Empowerment" shyt they had going, but Diana is a superpowered sheltered preteen with morals.

shyt was like 45 minutes too long, main villain was an ass pull, village scene was GREAT. But.... they needed to chill with the Power Ranger posing. And what was with that Jesus on the cross shyt?

Ares was basically-

okay, I'm not gonna go into too many Marvel analogies here. But my Girl Power comic loving ass shouldn't be looking at a DC movie and making Marvel movie analogies. Nobody should.

Anyway, loved the sets and ambiance, hated the deaths, hated the main villain, hated the fights with the slow mo and all except for the village raid scene.

Nah, I don't hate them. I just don't care.

3/5

Do I wanna fukk Dr. Poison? Yes. But you shouldn't be suprised by this. :stopitslime:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
giving this another go. liked it enough first time. i'm just getting to showdown with Ares and feel like I've been watching this movie since last monday. very long

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
A lot of comic book films are ridiciously overrated
Yeah, but you're barely better than them. What you're basically doing is "men get credfit for shyt they don't deserve all the time so if you call it out when a women gets that credit you're sexist...you should just let ir rock." Just say that because it's clear and I'm cool with it. But don't try to frame everyone who tries to look at this objectively is some sort of women-hater. The gap between public opinion and the critical reception of this movie is as large as anything that I've seen in the past 5 years. People really were saying this not being nominated for an Oscar was a snub :deadrose:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah, but you're barely better than them. What you're basically doing is "men get credfit for shyt they don't deserve all the time so if you call it out when a women gets that credit you're sexist...you should just let ir rock." Just say that because it's clear and I'm cool with it. But don't try to frame everyone who tries to look at this objectively is some sort of women-hater. The gap between public opinion and the critical reception of this movie is as large as anything that I've seen in the past 5 years. People really were saying this not being nominated for an Oscar was a snub :deadrose:
Last Jedi is king of the gap between critics and fans. It currently has a lower audience rating than any of the prequel films (under 50%) and over 90% of critics loved it.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Lol what? What are you even basing this on? You're straight talking outchea ass with this one.

The films legs at the box office, every single metric of review by fans on the internet and the fact the blu ray is already in the top 50 selling of all time tells me you're wrong. This shyt had some of the Best legs at The box office of any comic book Film ever.

This movies critical and audience reception was very close. I can probably name 10 films that actually had polar opposite reactions by fans and critics this year. You're acting like audiences reacted poorly to this when this movie was loved.

The rotten tomatoes critics score is 92%. The audience score is 88%. The metacritic score is 76. The metacritic user score is 7.8. The average rating on RT is 7.6. The imdb score is...7.6 :pachaha:

I don't know what you're talking about like movie ain't even in the top 30 of films of the last year where audiences and critics reacted differently. Might even be in the top 10 of where audiences and critics had the same reaction

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Anybody else feel this was the same damn movie as Captain America 1?

Red Skull was a much better villain though, and Steve Rogers crashing his plane into the ocean and waking up 70 years later was much more satisfying than the way WW ended. Other than that, yeah, I see the similarities.