Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
i enjoyed this film and glad it paid off .
as wonder woman was the most surprisingly and only replayable good thing about bvs.

art barr

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
It was all very "meh" for me. The story was kinda lame considering its just another "foil Ares's plan" motif. More importantly, the reveal at the end was lackluster. What a horribly shot Ares, the armor was lame, the actor was lame, and the premises was tired. I'm pretty much done with all DC movies.

I like the combat though, always a good thing with Snyder, as I know the directors can't do action, gotta also shout out the DP, because that action was definitely "borrowed".

5/10. I have an overall feeling of "average" when I watched the film. I'm no fan of Gadot by a long shot, but it wasn't her bad acting that did it, but really the shytty writing. "Only love can save the world" ugh...:hhh:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
It was all very "meh" for me. The story was kinda lame considering its just another "foil Ares's plan" motif. More importantly, the reveal at the end was lackluster. What a horribly shot Ares, the armor was lame, the actor was lame, and the premises was tired. I'm pretty much done with all DC movies.

I like the combat though, always a good thing with Snyder, as I know the directors can't do action, gotta also shout out the DP, because that action was definitely "borrowed".

5/10. I have an overall feeling of "average" when I watched the film. I'm no fan of Gadot by a long shot, but it wasn't her bad acting that did it, but really the shytty writing. "Only love can save the world" ugh...:hhh:

I think you just did not prepare yourself for dc campiness being apart of their entire line of products. That always acts as an Achilles heel to their products. As they are so commercial and bent on recreating these pop icons exactly how they were at their apex. They lose sight of actually updating the story when they should. This was the first dceu movie. where they captured everything integral to the character. While also trying to institute their dc based campiness in to the total package and it worked. Yet with ang dc anything outside of their animated realm. They will always fall flat in some regard because they are trying to make dceu characters back into their dominating mainstream draws the wrong way.

With dc you always have to go into their projects with this in mind. If you do not you will be disappointed. In other words, you should go Into a dc movie with mentality of a four year old who just saw the images of dc characters for the first time really.
It is really the only way to not be disappointed in general. With this dceu franchise you just have to couple that feeling with the disgust of the handling of the comics in the 90'S. Then go in the film with the idea they will get it right with a child like ideal of when you first discovered dc. That is the only way I have not totally given up on dc. As typically dc always feels dated like an old ass book. This movie worked because it was a period piece and had great chemistry between Diana and Trevor. Of which, pine as a supporting actor just like in priest is excellent. So, I understand what you mean.
As dc has so much campiness connected to their stuff.
It could drive people away if they feel like it gets to campy and generic.

Art Barr

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
It's different than previous DCEU movies and it's also different from any MCU movie to date so to say WW is a copy of any movie is a poor and lazy comparison but I mean look at this guy's rep, obviously he just says absurd things. :mjlol:
They pretty much fused like 4 marvel movies to get this one to even be watchable.

I felt like I was watching the female CA:TFA mixed with Thor.

Movie was ok but let's be honest they pretty much just ripped off those other SH flicks to make this.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They pretty much fused like 4 marvel movies to get this one to even be watchable.

I felt like I was watching the female CA:TFA mixed with Thor.

Movie was ok but let's be honest they pretty much just ripped off those other SH flicks to make this.
Xmxw5.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
How can you watch this movie and not see the similarities??

It was like Wonder Thor: The First Justice Avengers.

Not saying it was bad...they just made a little mix of the best parts of the origin stories we've seen already.

:childplease: movies didn't start in 2008. Like I said it was closer to Superman The Movie than any MCU film and that was in the 70s

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
WONDER WOMAN About to Become Highest Grossing Movie Directed by a Woman | Nerdist
Director Patty Jenkins’ film will soon eclipse the $609.8 million earned worldwide by Phyllida Lloyd’s adaptation of the Broadway hit Mamma Mia! back in 2008 to become the top-grossing live-action film of all time from a female director (not accounting for inflation). Wonder Womanalso has a very good chance of passing up Kung Fu Panda 2‘s $665.7 million to become the top-grossing film of all time from a female filmmaker as a solo director. Jennifer Yuh Nelson was behind the 2011 animated sequel. Right now, the sky is the limit.

This is important for several reasons, most notably that this is an action/superhero film, a genre that many don’t believe a female director can tackle, much less make tackle with such incredible skill. Look at the other films which broke box office records directed by women — Twilight, Fifty Shades of Grey, and Pitch Perfect — all movies that would be considered heavily female-skewing, and therefore, “safe” for a woman to direct. Wonder Woman’s success has shattered all those preconceived notions.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:childplease: movies didn't start in 2008. Like I said it was closer to Superman The Movie than any MCU film and that was in the 70s
False. Marvel invented comedy. Marvel invented the cinematic universe. Marvel invented the fish out of water comedy trope. Marvel invented the end scene credit stinger.

:troll:

Now yall see why I said marvel stans are the drake stans of the film room. :picard:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
How can you watch this movie and not see the similarities??

It was like Wonder Thor: The First Justice Avengers.

Not saying it was bad...they just made a little mix of the best parts of the origin stories we've seen already.

Say breh.... do you mind to identify yourself and tell us are a DIEHARD MARVEL stan that only loves MARVEL movies and HATES everything DC and just loves to be unfairly bias to DC movies because again you hate DC movies?

Sorry, just never seen you by the vending machines in the Marvel Stan break room

:troll:

Martha