Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From THR:

Like @Ebonic Plague and @Prodigal Syndicate mentioned. Guys are a lot more excited about this movie than Women

And like I said before as of late the tracking for these films have been off when it comes to films with female leads or leads that are people of color. We've already seen that the early tracking for Wonder Woman was off because they were saying it was going to have a $60 million opening I think.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
giphy.gif

That moment where Batman and Superman became Wonder Woman's sidekicks in their own movie. :mjlol: :whew:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
And like I said before as of late the tracking for these films have been off when it comes to films with female leads or leads that are people of color. We've already seen that the early tracking for Wonder Woman was off because they were saying it was going to have a $60 million opening I think.
Yeah that initial tracking number was way under. Movie shouldn't make any less than 100 this weekend. It'll do very well and even better since the reviews are great. I'm predicting the coli will love it as well. I'm not seeing it but Itll be first day rental when it drops on Blu Ray.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Almost every single review has overly praised gal Gadot

Youre right. This is true.....that just makes me wonder why and how because she can not act. She's more like eye candy alone.
I have seen all 62 minuites of her previous screen time (Fast and Furios franchise, BVS and some other weird comedy with xack galafianakis). Not a lick of anything special. Not even good. Just passable.
Breh she's megan fox all over again. I will wait to be pleasantly surprised in WW(her first and only starring role thus far i believe) but she is no Natalie Portman, that I know for sure.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What films has she been in that required much acting? She's been fine in anything I've seen her in.

She was one of the best parts of bvs.

Come on breh...you know those master thespian classes needed to for the Fast and Furious movies

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Youre right. This is true.....that just makes me wonder why and how because she can not act. She's more like eye candy alone.
I have seen all 62 minuites of her previous screen time (Fast and Furios franchise, BVS and some other weird comedy with xack galafianakis). Not a lick of anything special. Not even good. Just passable.
Breh she's megan fox all over again. I will wait to be pleasantly surprised in WW(her first and only starring role thus far i believe) but she is no Natalie Portman, that I know for sure.
Natalie Portman was awful in the thor films.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Come on breh...you know those master thespian classes needed to for the Fast and Furious movies
People don't need to be method acting thespians for these roles.

As long as they suit the role who really cares about their range?

Look at Gerard Butler in 300. From all his other work that guy is just not a very good actor. Yet he absolutely bodied that role it fit him like a glove.

People aren't ranting and raving about chris Hemsworth. But he plays thor well. So who cares?

I don't think gal is going to be winning Oscars anytime soon but if she's great in this role it doesn't matter.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Natalie Portman was awful in the thor films.
thats true:russ: and she was garbage in Star Wars. :hhh:

But she has some stellar performances: Black swan, V for Vendetta, Garden State and ofcourse her breakout role in Leon:The Professional as a kid was cool.

I mentioned her just cux she part isreali like gal gadot, but she much more accomplished than Gal Gadot.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
thats true:russ: and she was garbage in Star Wars. :hhh:

But she has some stellar performances: Black swan, V for Vendetta, Garden State and ofcourse her breakout role in Leon:The Professional as a kid was cool.

I mentioned her just cux she part isreali like gal gadot, but she much more accomplished than Gal Gadot.
The Point I'm getting at is bad actors can put in good performances as long as the role suits them and the director gets the best out of them. And good actors can put in bad performances,they do all the time for a quick cheque.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The Point I'm getting at is bad actors can put in good performances as long as the role suits them and the director gets the best out of them. And good actors can put in bad performances,they do all the time for a quick cheque.

This is true.
I blame the direction in paticular for Natalie Portman's poor performance on Star Wars. She better than that and had proved it.

Since its an action movie,an not an oscar drama, Gal Gadot could and should be just fine in WW. Im going to have to see it for myself though. Its like her first big test IMO. If the action scenes are dope like the reviews say, i guess it wont matter either way.