Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Bro come on ppl knew RDJ was going to be great just off the trailers.

I actually don't think hemsworth stands out as Thor but he's good enough, which is why he's popular despite those movies not being all that great.

Wonder Woman should be a star making role don't you agree?

RDJ plays RDJ as Tony Stark, he doesn't do it badly but it's not a wow and reaffirms what I initially stated that as long as the actor is passable as the character they are meant to be playing then it's ok. Most Superhero movies don't have stand out wow performances. The only modern one is TDK which was just phenomenal because of Ledgers portrayal of the joker.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
RDJ plays RDJ as Tony Stark, he doesn't do it badly but it's not a wow and reaffirms what I initially stated that as long as the actor is passable as the character they are meant to be playing then it's ok. Most Superhero movies don't have stand out wow performances. The only modern one is TDK which was just phenomenal because of Ledgers portrayal of the joker.

the fact that it didn't require a lot of acting range doesn't change the fact that he was still exceptional in the role. his charisma and likability was off the charts.

point blank that's not the same movie if someone else is cast. RDJ was the x-factor.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
the fact that it didn't require a lot of acting range doesn't change the fact that he was still exceptional in the role. his charisma and likability was off the charts.

point blank that's not the same movie if someone else is cast. RDJ was the x-factor.

Your missing my point which is A+ acting wasn't required.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I still maintain this will be a likely 7 out of 10,run of the mill type origin film :manny:

So many times with comic book origin flicks I just feel like it's going through the motions hitting all the same points as other films.

But I hope I'm surprised :manny:
I'm on the sidelines until i see what they do with John Stewart but as a comic fan i've seen the trailers and this is the impression i got as well. It looks like it'll be solid, maybe very good, but also fairly cookie cutter.

If i had to be critical of anything specific or subjective: Diana fighting soldiers in slow mo and Chris Pine pointing at things with his rifle as the main marketed action spots aren't that excitable. They likely allocated most of the big effects/wow moments to the Ares fight and wanted to keep that a surprise (compared to MoS, in which we all knew it was Zodd) but that's the only thing i felt was missing: seeing Diana cut loose against something savage, borderline dbz style.

But i say that from a guy's perspective who likes seein that type of stuff. Others and specifically females may be perfectly fine with this more grounded, period piece amazons vs soldiers route, esp if they're interest is more in the Gal - Pine relationship.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
giphy.gif

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People who have seen this early are saying it's great and easily the best of the new DC Cinematic Universe. I was already looking forward to this, but now I'm actually getting excited about it because of the buzz it's building.