TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This film was like they had a writer's challenge about who could think of the most ridiculous ass pulls and afterwards they put it all together and filmed it.

They went all out of their way to explain that Steve materialized in somebody else's body (which is creepy as fukk when you think about it because that guy was essentially randomly removed from existence to make way for Steve but neither Diana nor Steve seemed to care), but then every other wish has just stuff materializing out of thin air so it's just an unnecessary convoluted way to set up the end.

And everyone lost something precious in return for their wish but the only thing Barbara had to give up was being nice?:laff:

Then there's the Invisible Jet scene where Diana out of nowhere explains and uses the power of making objects invisible. :laff:

And then she learns how to fly out of nowhere because Steve told her that flying is just knowing how to ride wind and air currents. :laff:

Oh yeah, she does that before the moment where she dons an armor with wings which makes them look completely pointless on top of just looking inconvenient as fukk.

Don't get me started on that ridiculous scene in the oval office where there conveniently are some whiteboards showcasing advanced satellite communication technology that Max Lord just so happens to need for his exact scheme. And then they throw the only limitation they set up to his power (he has to be in touch with the person making the wish) in the bushes because the president explains the satellites take over all communication technology by sending particles that "touch" electronics. :laff:

Of course once Diana and Steve show up to stop Max (after showing them tracking him driving to the White House with some hidden camera technology in Diana's closet or something like that, I'm not sure because who the fukk knows how to hack street cameras from a remote location in 1984?) Barbara randomly shows up as well. How did she know to be there? No explanation is given and why should they because they didn't even bother to make Max and/or Barbara seem even remotely surprised when they discover Diana is apparently some kind of superpowered being in ancient armor. They just roll with it like no big deal. Terrible, terrible writing.

Add the worst form of 80s nostalgia ever (because the 80s is wacky fashion, right? Don't you just love wacky 80s fashion? Don't you wish for some more wacky fashion from the 80s? All you have to do is wish for it and we'll give you more wacky 80s fashion!), a weird campy tone for its opening act that is completely removed after 45 minutes or so, those 45 minutes actually feeling more like 4 hours and action scenes that play out like nobody involved could think of a way how someone would sensibly make use of a lasso in any fight that is not against a cow (and honestly, neither do I). An utterly stupid, stupid waste of time.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Seeing that nobody is really feeling this. I'll watch it tonight after the Clipps/Nuggets game. I knew something just didn't feel or look right after seeing the ads and trailers for this which looked like a weird glossy dream sequence or expensive fairy tale.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
This film was like they had a writer's challenge about who could think of the most ridiculous ass pulls and afterwards they put it all together and filmed it.

They went all out of their way to explain that Steve materialized in somebody else's body (which is creepy as fukk when you think about it because that guy was essentially randomly removed from existence to make way for Steve but neither Diana nor Steve seemed to care), but then every other wish has just stuff materializing out of thin air so it's just an unnecessary convoluted way to set up the end.

And everyone lost something precious in return for their wish but the only thing Barbara had to give up was being nice?:laff:

Then there's the Invisible Jet scene where Diana out of nowhere explains and uses the power of making objects invisible. :laff:

And then she learns how to fly out of nowhere because Steve told her that flying is just knowing how to ride wind and air currents. :laff:

Oh yeah, she does that before the moment where she dons an armor with wings which makes them look completely pointless on top of just looking inconvenient as fukk.

Don't get me started on that ridiculous scene in the oval office where there conveniently are some whiteboards showcasing advanced satellite communication technology that Max Lord just so happens to need for his exact scheme. And then they throw the only limitation they set up to his power (he has to be in touch with the person making the wish) in the bushes because the president explains the satellites take over all communication technology by sending particles that "touch" electronics. :laff:

Of course once Diana and Steve show up to stop Max (after showing them tracking him driving to the White House with some hidden camera technology in Diana's closet or something like that, I'm not sure because who the fukk knows how to hack street cameras from a remote location in 1984?) Barbara randomly shows up as well. How did she know to be there? No explanation is given and why should they because they didn't even bother to make Max and/or Barbara seem even remotely surprised when they discover Diana is apparently some kind of superpowered being in ancient armor. They just roll with it like no big deal. Terrible, terrible writing.

Add the worst form of 80s nostalgia ever (because the 80s is wacky fashion, right? Don't you just love wacky 80s fashion? Don't you wish for some more wacky fashion from the 80s? All you have to do is wish for it and we'll give you more wacky 80s fashion!), a weird campy tone for its opening act that is completely removed after 45 minutes or so, those 45 minutes actually feeling more like 4 hours and action scenes that play out like nobody involved could think of a way how someone would sensibly make use of a lasso in any fight that is not against a cow (and honestly, neither do I). An utterly stupid, stupid waste of time.
To make it worse, this movie was 2 and a half hours. That's 2 and a half hours of wasted time for a convoluted fukking movie that made no sense.

I agree on all points. Like where tf that invisible jet come from? Cheetara getting her powers from wishing she was a beasts or some shyt? Steve coming back in somebody elses body, wtf. That golden armor coming out of nowhere. And that ending was absolutely horrendous trash. :picard:

This might be one of thee worse superhero movies I've ever watched.

Daps
Really not sure how this movie got such high ratings on rotten tomatoes.

This is like Batman vs Superman/cat woman bad. The CGI looks like straight up ass. I feel like I’ve been watching it for two hours already and there’s barely been any action.

Horrible horrible movie I’m struggling to finish it
Not anymore, that rating dropped like a brick. It's currently at a 69% with an Average rating of 6.4/10 with the same Metacritic Score as Spider-Man 3 (which is a 59)

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Worst movie of the DCEU by far IMO. Movie should not be 2.5 hours. Felt like it took 90 minutes for the movie to get going. The White House scene was the best scene but even then it was eh. The ending was eh. I was just glad it was over. This is competing with Iron Man 3, Green Lantern, and the first Captain American movies as the worst superhero movie in my book.

movie felt like it was written for something else and then they threw Wonder Woman in as an afterthought. Left me with too many questions, definitely a standalone movie that doesn’t set up anything. Wonder Woman definitely shouldn’t have a solo movie again anytime soon. Only team ups unless a new director is hired

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I actually think people are going easier on it because we got to watch it for “free” on hbo. I think people would have been a lot more angry if they paid money to go watch this in the theater.

Pandemic saved this movie
You could tell the movie was going to be bad by the mall scene. If it wasn't a pandemic, I definitely think people would've walked out of theatres almost an hour in.