Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Mars

Superstar
Daps
There is no such thing as an "easy schedule" in the WNBA. There are 12 teams and 42% of them are contenders (Aces, Wings(who will find themselves), Sun, Liberty, and this season the Mercury). The fever has to play the Sun and Liberty 6 more times total, the Aces, Mercury, and Fever 6 times total coming up. Add in 7 games total left agains Lynx and Sky along with 4 against the Dream. . The teams they don't have to worry about are the Mistics, Storm, and Sparks. They still struggled with the Storm and Sparks and that's saying a lot. The WNBA is like the NBA of the 60s. There are no nights off. Even the bad teams, you're playing an all star every night. There is no way to construct an "easy" schedule for them in a 12 team league. It will get better once the 4 new teams are added within the next 4 year and the great draft class of 2007 will be in their 2nd year. Then the nights off will occur more frequently because you will have women in the league then that aren't good enough to be in the league NOW.

Okay, let me change my wording....The Fever's remaining schedule isn't as tough as the other teams because they play fewer games and will have already played Conn/NY/LV a combined 5 times.

Playing a close game with Seattle was not a bad look...Seattle has 3 all-league players (Nneka,Loyd. SDS)...Also Magbegor who was an all-star last season.

The game against LA was Indy's 6th gm in 11 days...The Sparks have only played 4 gms.

Last edited:

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Okay, let me change my wording....The Fever's remaining schedule isn't as tough as the other teams because they play fewer games and will have already played Conn/NY/LV a combined 5 times.

Playing a close game with Seattle was not a bad look...Seattle has 3 all-league players (Nneka,Loyd.SDS)
seattle isn't that good this season like the sparks and mystics. Diggins talked all that shyt claiming we were hating on her and she hasn't done anything all season while shooting a career low in fg%. I hope the Storm kept a receipt on that purchase. Everyone has to play everyone. They still haven't played the Aces or Mercury yet and they have 6 games to do it. It's not going to get easier hahaha

mag357

Superstar
Daps
When it’s all said and done a few things people will realize about Caitlin Clark.

1. She’s not a “generational” talent. She’s not the fastest, strongest or physically gifted player. She’s not the best ball handler. She’s not the best passer. She’s not even the best 3 point shooter. Nothing she does is superior to everyone else.

2. Teams who win games have a dominant post presence. Aaliyah Boston was an all star and rookie of the year for a reason. I can go on but it would be pointless. If the Fever go back to trying to let Clark shoot threes, they will lose every time. And Mitchell is actually better than Clark at this point.

Lastly, imagine you’ve never watched the NBA before and the only games you’re watching are of the Hawks because they drafted Trae Young. So the ONLY games you care about are the Hawks. You would think the NBA was ass. Or the NFL. Or any other sport. The Fever are rebuilding. So are the Sparks. They are not the best teams in the WNBA. But if all the league and media gonna do is showcase the Fever, then you will get bad basketball.

And for people hyping up Cardosa, she was Boston’s backup at South Carolina for a reason. She wasn’t better than Boston.

The rise of Clark is based 100% on race. Had she played a mostly white team or a team like UConn in the final four 2023, nobody would have cared. But because she played two mostly black teams, the country took notice and have ran with it ever since.

And I notice nikkas doing the same shyt they did during Lonzo Ball’s rookie year in LA with the star jewelzing :mjlol:

Welp I'll just copy and paste this as needed

100% accurate

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
When it’s all said and done a few things people will realize about Caitlin Clark.

1. She’s not a “generational” talent. She’s not the fastest, strongest or physically gifted player. She’s not the best ball handler. She’s not the best passer. She’s not even the best 3 point shooter. Nothing she does is superior to everyone else.

2. Teams who win games have a dominant post presence. Aaliyah Boston was an all star and rookie of the year for a reason. I can go on but it would be pointless. If the Fever go back to trying to let Clark shoot threes, they will lose every time. And Mitchell is actually better than Clark at this point.

Lastly, imagine you’ve never watched the NBA before and the only games you’re watching are of the Hawks because they drafted Trae Young. So the ONLY games you care about are the Hawks. You would think the NBA was ass. Or the NFL. Or any other sport. The Fever are rebuilding. So are the Sparks. They are not the best teams in the WNBA. But if all the league and media gonna do is showcase the Fever, then you will get bad basketball.

And for people hyping up Cardosa, she was Boston’s backup at South Carolina for a reason. She wasn’t better than Boston.

The rise of Clark is based 100% on race. Had she played a mostly white team or a team like UConn in the final four 2023, nobody would have cared. But because she played two mostly black teams, the country took notice and have ran with it ever since.

And I notice nikkas doing the same shyt they did during Lonzo Ball’s rookie year in LA with the star jewelzing :mjlol:
It's amazing how an all star ROY has been used as a scapegoat for Clark's shortcoming. I like what I saw from Clark tonight. She can be very good if she stops throwing up long 3s. As a steve nash/john Stockton type of player, the Fever can definitely become a playoff team, but she's bought into the hype as well. The coach knows what she is doing. Hiding her on defense allows her to grab rebound and start the fast break. That's a great strategy that Bluder used at Iowa. It's going to be a problem with teams that have no one she can be hid on in the starting lineup.

Daps
It's amazing how an all star ROY has been used as a scapegoat for Clark's shortcoming. I like what I saw from Clark tonight. She can be very good if she stops throwing up long 3s. As a steve nash/john Stockton type of player, the Fever can definitely become a playoff team, but she's bought into the hype as well. The coach knows what she is doing. Hiding her on defense allows her to grab rebound and start the fast break. That's a great strategy that Bluder used at Iowa. It's going to be a problem with teams that have no one she can be hid on in the starting lineup.
You seem to have more of a balanced take while the poster you quoted straight up hates her. But yeah I agree she does really well facilitating the offense and is a catalyst to get everyone good shots. I do think her passing is extremely good already for this level but ill let the season play out. I also think that shot starts falling more in the long run that defense will never let up because of moments like the end of the game potentially happening earlier. I definitely see more effort on the defensive end so I think she can at least grow to be a decent defender since she already has the size for it.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox

I think she's one of the better passers in the league currently. She had several dimes that were bricked.

And Curry is the GOAT shooter, but you'd never imagine he'd be that prior to 2015.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GOZpUb_WgAALOUv

mag357

Superstar
Daps

You seem to have more of a balanced take while the poster you quoted straight up hates her. But yeah I agree she does really well facilitating the offense and is a catalyst to get everyone good shots. I do think her passing is extremely good already for this level but ill let the season play out. I also think that shot starts falling more in the long run that defense will never let up because of moments like the end of the game potentially happening earlier. I definitely see more effort on the defensive end so I think she can at least grow to be a decent defender since she already has the size for it.

Clark can not be a nash/Stockton type because she cannot dribble, her IQ is low.
And she isn't a facilitator.

Her best attribute is supposed to be her shooting and she isn't exceptional at that.
If you are a shooter you can shoot at any level in any situation. She hasn't shown that.

What I'm seeing from her in the last 2 games is her playing more under control... More on the cautious side. And the games have been closer without one player having a teams worth of turnovers.

But you can't have your point guard playing cautious like that.
Shes gonna have to get in the gym in the office season, if she gets an off season, and add more to her bag.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I know hindsight is 20/20, but what if the fever would have traded that first pick to the sparks for the 2nd pick along with hamby, nurse and brown. Do u think they would have took the deal? Cuz this Clark shyt ain’t working.
There is zero chance the Fever would trade Clark for anyone in the W.