Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think she should play more like curry, initiate the offense as a PG at point of attack but after that turn into a shooting guard running off screens if the defense is set

I just don't know if Indiana personnel is set up for it but if they are, I think thats the way to go
They aren’t and it’s going to take time for them to do so. They’ve been a lottery team for years now.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
They aren’t and it’s going to take time for them to do so. They’ve been a lottery team for years now.
Makes sense

Culture and team building starts here, you have the foundation, now they gotta build around it

I think they'll be shooting themselves in the foot if they let her play like luka or harden and dominate the ball in the long run, if they played like that for a year or 2, sure, but that's not the answer long term

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I think she should play more like curry, initiate the offense as a PG at point of attack but after that turn into a shooting guard running off screens if the defense is set

I just don't know if Indiana personnel is set up for it but if they are, I think thats the way to go
You are right, and she is relatively bigger than Curry too.

The problem is the team don’t have the personal the same way Goleen State didn’t have it for Steph.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said in another thread, this won’t end well. Clark got free rein at Iowa because the program was trash. In her last 3 years, Iowa never recruited a top 5 or 10 player because nobody wanted to play with her.

If they go down this road, Indiana’s best players are going to leave and nobody is going to want to play there except role players.

Gotta be honest about it. She means way more to this league than anyone else on her team, including the coach, and including management., and I’ve gotta assume that she knows this. It is what it is. They need to fall in line.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said in another thread, this won’t end well. Clark got free rein at Iowa because the program was trash. In her last 3 years, Iowa never recruited a top 5 or 10 player because nobody wanted to play with her.

If they go down this road, Indiana’s best players are going to leave and nobody is going to want to play there except role players.

:dead: :dead: :dead:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Can somebody explain the hype to a non sports nygga?... is she REALLY that good? A lil white girl?

Got our 90 year old Patients trying to tune in to find out what channel she's playing on at the Job...

:ohhh:
No. High volume/low efficiency shooter propped up by a system at the college level. Everyone who pointed out her game wouldn't translate to the professionals was called a hater.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Can somebody explain the hype to a non sports nygga?... is she REALLY that good? A lil white girl?

Got our 90 year old Patients trying to tune in to find out what channel she's playing on at the Job...

:ohhh:

No. High volume/low efficiency shooter propped up by a system at the college level. Everyone who pointed out her game wouldn't translate to the professionals was called a hater.
^ this post exemplifies exactly why caitlyn is good for the league

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Gotta be honest about it. She means way more to this league than anyone else on her team, including the coach, and including management., and I’ve gotta assume that she knows this. It is what it is. They need to fall in line.

What does that even mean :mindblown:

So I guess the other WNBA teams shouldn't play any defense and let her score 50 points a night for the sake of "putting eyes" on the sport :mjlol:

And teams that do play defense against here are automatically haters.

This is like the dumbest shyt I ever heard in my life. I could see if she won 4 national titles and went undefeated at Iowa, but she didn't.

The media and casual fans are doing more harm than good right now.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What does that even mean :mindblown:

So I guess the other WNBA teams shouldn't play any defense and let her score 50 points a night for the sake of "putting eyes" on the sport :mjlol:

And teams that do play defense against here are automatically haters.

This is like the dumbest shyt I ever heard in my life. I could see if she won 4 national titles and went undefeated at Iowa, but she didn't.

The media and casual fans are doing more harm than good right now.
You’re not this dense. It means she’s the main reason there’s so much more interested going into this coming WNBA season than in the past. She’s potentially their Magic/Bird. When the WNBA is finally actually popular twenty years from now, she’s gonna be looked at in that light.

It doesn’t mean other teams need to lay down for her. It just means she has more power in that organization than anyone that is “above” her. Whether she chooses to utilize that or not is another story, but if she actually wanted the offense ran the same way as it was in college, that’s how it would get done.