Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Tbh I think everyone being to hard on sides she gotta break Caitlin terrible habits while also implementing a system and they only had like 7 days of training camp plus then been playing non stop. Also the fever are a great team when they play the way sides wants them to play they only start dropping passes and such when Caitlin wants to do what she did in Iowa which I don’t blame her for I blame Lisa because she did absolutely nothing to develop Caitlin skill wise or attitude wise

Daps
Tbh I think everyone being to hard on sides she gotta break Caitlin terrible habits while also implementing a system and they only had like 7 days of training camp plus then been playing non stop. Also the fever are a great team when they play the way sides wants them to play they only start dropping passes and such when Caitlin wants to do what she did in Iowa which I don’t blame her for I blame Lisa because she did absolutely nothing to develop Caitlin skill wise or attitude wise
so you are saying caitlin should never take the most shots on the team? The team has too many chiefs at this point. Who do you run with to build around for the future at this point?

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
so you are saying caitlin should never take the most shots on the team? The team has too many chiefs at this point. Who do you run with to build around for the future at this point?
No it’s not her taking to many shots it’s her going rogue she only shot 11 times yesterday so she obviously wasn’t shooting she just goes rogue and starts trying to force things offensively. Also if she don’t have the ball in her hand she literally go and stand there and do nothing there is no way sides is saying yea Caitlin go stand off on the side there the whole play. And I think you build around Boston she’s your best player and Caitlin needs her to play well to win while even if Caitlin has a bad game the fever can win if Boston is playing dominantly

Daps
No it’s not her taking to many shots it’s her going rogue she only shot 11 times yesterday so she obviously wasn’t shooting she just goes rogue and starts trying to force things offensively. Also if she don’t have the ball in her hand she literally go and stand there and do nothing there is no way sides is saying yea Caitlin go stand off on the side there the whole play. And I think you build around Boston she’s your best player and Caitlin needs her to play well to win while even if Caitlin has a bad game the fever can win if Boston is playing dominantly
I think it’s a mix of both to build around because Boston get neutralized at times playing her way. Cc has to be the engine of offense to really take it to the next level. It’s a bonus that she’s an elite shooter with it. In the end I would drop everyone but complimentary pieces around cc and Boston.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The problem with how people are covering the WNBA and critiquing the WNBA is they’re viewing it through NBA lenses.

Womens basketball will never have the explosiveness, speed or athleticism of the NBA. Why? Because they are WOMEN. A’Ja Wilson plays center, but would be a guard in the NBA. She towers over most players, but Ja Morant is almost as tall as her and he’s considered small in the NBA.

And Clark gained popularity because of the Steph Curry comparisons, but it took years of the NBA evolving for him to be able to play the way he has. Angel Reese is basically playing like an old school power forward/center. And most of the best teams this year and over the course of the history of the league usually had a dominant front court player.

Most teams can’t spread the floor with the front court players consistently hitting 3’s. Imagine Steph Curry playing in the 90’s. His numbers would probably look different.

And for the 1000 time, Clark’s bag is limited. She can make flashy passes, that a male player could handing, but once again, she’s playing with women, who aren’t athletic enough to make the adjustments needed to finished some of them. I mean there’ve been layups that Clark made, with a defender right there and she didn’t have to do anything because they defender wasn’t athletic enough to even contest them.

Which is also why teams try to trap her and make her give the ball up at the top but she’s not even skilled enough to beat the trap and drive for an easy bucket.

So people need to stop looking at these players like they’re supposed to have NBA ATHLETICISM.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
I think it’s a mix of both to build around because Boston get neutralized at times playing her way. Cc has to be the engine of offense to really take it to the next level. It’s a bonus that she’s an elite shooter with it. In the end I would drop everyone but complimentary pieces around cc and Boston.
Well ofc Caitlin gonna be there lol I meant that Boston is the focal point of the offense when she’s going you have to double and all that opening up those wide open 3s and making it easier for Caitlin to do her thing whereas when Caitlin going they just show a blitz or something and the whole possession is lost

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Just a heads up for playoffs, there is no East-West divide in the matchups. Its straight 1/8, 2/7, 3/6, 4/5

As of today:
(1) New York vs (8) Chicago
(4) Seattle vs (5) Las Vegas
(3) Minnesota vs (6) Phoenix
(2) Connecticut vs (7) Atlanta

Indiana is #9, 1/2 game behind both (7) Atlanta and (8) Chicago

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
The problem with how people are covering the WNBA and critiquing the WNBA is they’re viewing it through NBA lenses.

Womens basketball will never have the explosiveness, speed or athleticism of the NBA. Why? Because they are WOMEN. A’Ja Wilson plays center, but would be a guard in the NBA. She towers over most players, but Ja Morant is almost as tall as her and he’s considered small in the NBA.

And Clark gained popularity because of the Steph Curry comparisons, but it took years of the NBA evolving for him to be able to play the way he has. Angel Reese is basically playing like an old school power forward/center. And most of the best teams this year and over the course of the history of the league usually had a dominant front court player.

Most teams can’t spread the floor with the front court players consistently hitting 3’s. Imagine Steph Curry playing in the 90’s. His numbers would probably look different.

And for the 1000 time, Clark’s bag is limited. She can make flashy passes, that a male player could handing, but once again, she’s playing with women, who aren’t athletic enough to make the adjustments needed to finished some of them. I mean there’ve been layups that Clark made, with a defender right there and she didn’t have to do anything because they defender wasn’t athletic enough to even contest them.

Which is also why teams try to trap her and make her give the ball up at the top but she’s not even skilled enough to beat the trap and drive for an easy bucket.

So people need to stop looking at these players like they’re supposed to have NBA ATHLETICISM.
Maybe I think they are just expecting the fever to run the same type of offense that Iowa ran but that don’t really work in the WNBA because like you said you’ll get abused in the paint and also because you not playing white girls who are gonna be future dentists or doctors

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
Just a heads up for playoffs, there is no East-West divide in the matchups. Its straight 1/8, 2/7, 3/6, 4/5

As of today:
(1) New York vs (8) Chicago
(4) Seattle vs (5) Las Vegas
(3) Minnesota vs (6) Phoenix
(2) Connecticut vs (7) Atlanta

Indiana is #9, 1/2 game behind both (7) Atlanta and (8) Chicago
I think Indiana and Chicago will make it Atlanta looks off to me and they coach is terrible

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Well ofc Caitlin gonna be there lol I meant that Boston is the focal point of the offense when she’s going you have to double and all that opening up those wide open 3s and making it easier for Caitlin to do her thing whereas when Caitlin going they just show a blitz or something and the whole possession is lost

The college game has been trending in that direction, but the WNBA isn’t there yet. Notre Dame has been ahead of the curb for years when it comes to developing guards. And I complained about Dawn Staley’s coaching style, because she doesn’t develop her guards for the pro level. It’s well about the bigs.

And people really need to stop with the Curry comparisons. If you’re going to be compared to Steph Curry, you also need to have the ball handling skills.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
I think Indiana and Chicago will make it Atlanta looks off to me and they coach is terrible

I think so as well. But Indiana is not on NY or Conn's level, so that will be a quick 2 game series. The first round series are Games 1 & 2 at higher seed, and if necessary, Game 3 at lower seed.

So if Indiana or Chicago could somehow split on the road, they get Game 3 at home.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
The college game has been trending in that direction, but the WNBA isn’t there yet. Notre Dame has been ahead of the curb for years when it comes to developing guards. And I complained about Dawn Staley’s coaching style, because she doesn’t develop her guards for the pro level. It’s well about the bigs.

And people really need to stop with the Curry comparisons. If you’re going to be compared to Steph Curry, you also need to have the ball handling skills.
She never was Steph lmao he shot like 43-44 percent from three even in college I think she shoots like high 30s she’s always been more Steve Nash/ Trae young