Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:sas2:
shyt is the NBA coverage any less ridiculous?
NBA coverage gets ridiculous because media knows there's topics that will get attention while still talking about the league. The W doesn't have one other than CC.

NBA coverage, for the most part, is: LeBron, Lakers, the next superstar, comparing the teams of the 90's/00's to today. What does the W have other than CC? It's relatively a new topic that not everyone knows what they're talking about. Their hot topic is CC and right now her team is buns and she has her ups and downs you expect that from a rookie but when the hot topic isn't doing anything, what's there to talk about? We know what she brings to the league so like Barnes said in an earlier post, do her teammates not that she is kinda their golden ticket? This is nothing new for a heralded college player coming into the league. But because more people are paying attention to this very small league, the hot takes will come and they're coming with an NBA mindset.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Link all the players that's hating

Yall seen one girl hip check CC and all of a sudden the WHOLE wnba is hating on her

Show me all the hate from all the other payers

Show me the players talking disrespectful about her.

Stop believing this goofy narrativel

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Link all the players that's hating

Yall seen one girl hip check CC and all of a sudden the WHOLE wnba is hating on her

Show me all the hate from all the other payers

Show me the players talking disrespectful about her.

Stop believing this goofy narrative
I ain’t talking about the players.

I really don’t think MOST of the players are hating.

How many ppl wanted to destroy Baker Mayfield or Reggie Bush or Lonzo Ball?

Some athletes with crazy hype get targeted.

That’s sports bro.

I’m talking about the discourse behind it. It’s disgusting. The Facebook shyt the Jemelle Hill think pieces the Threads the calling her out her name the silly ass interviews even black men being called slaves or koons for defending her when all most of us see is an athletes and think it would be exciting AF to see a Steph type player. These women ain’t dunking like Ja so this is the next best thing.

The conversation around her is blowing my mind and it’s mad emotional and we supposed to tiptoe because it’s black women and a white woman.

No one said it was racial when we said Tebow brought eyes to the league we just said it’s true and he’s a bum. We ain’t have to pretend he didn’t bring eyes though and say “nah the black O Lineman from the Eagles got fans too”

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

According to StubHub, the sales of Chicago Sky have tripled from last season. The team also finished fifth among the top in-demand WNBA teams.

Along with sellingo ut of season tickets, prices have also seen a massive spike. Compared to last season, tickets are selling for 129% higher than last season. Here are some of the teams with the largest ticket price increase.
  • Dallas Wings - 135%
  • Atlanta Dream - 123%
  • Chicago Sky - 119%
  • LA Sparks 97%

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps