Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I disagree. Go argue with someone else about it cuz u ain't changing my mind:manny:

Also why are u so damn obsessed with Caitlin Clark. I didn't mention her at all:patrice:

I've seen way too many blown wide open layups and missed shots from 3 feet away to believe EVERY chick in the WNBA is the best of the best:mjlol:
About half of the draft picks even play in the league. This was the NBA in the 60s and 70s. When you understand history, you know better. When you don't, you spew bullshyt to fit a narrative that isn't true. The elite of the elite are playing now. As I explained last week, somewhere there is a chick not in the league that will be averaging 20 a game on a bad team when more teams are added. She will be gunning and scoring 20 a game and losing every night. Then more teams will be added and instead 4 bad teams in the league, there will be 8 bad teams and more nights off. Then we will see the ppg for a season record broken(it is 25 ppg by Taurasi) because teams will not be playing the elite of the elite every night. There are 12 teams and 12 roster spots available. Imagine if there were still only 12 teams in the NBA. 95% of the Spurs roster would be out of the league.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
This. You can't tell me that the Fever and Sparks consist of "the best of the best" because they have several kats that blatantly suck. There are about 15-20 women in college that could either start or get serious PT for them.

The WNBA isn't the NBA. Let's not act like the worst WNBA player is better than 99% of college women's players. The WNBA is just so veteran-laden that a slew of players know the ins-and-outs of the game, so they make few mistakes, which gives off the false impression that the skill level is higher than it really is.

To keep it a buck, the league is full of Mike Conleys — decent players that are loaded with experience that make few mistakes that can lead to their team losing.
Fair was just cut by the Aces. Was she not a top college player last year? Sometimes scoring isn't what particular teams need. The Mercury got 4 girls that can get you 20 on any given night and other teams do too. Half of our roster (Spurs) shouldn't even be in the goddam league. Sochan and Collins are 2 of the most worthless players I've had the displeasure of watching all season. Don't forget that Kurt Thomas led the nation in scoring and rebounding in college.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This. You can't tell me that the Fever and Sparks consist of "the best of the best" because they have several kats that blatantly suck. There are about 15-20 women in college that could either start or get serious PT for them.

The WNBA isn't the NBA. Let's not act like the worst WNBA player is better than 99% of college women's players. The WNBA is just so veteran-laden that a slew of players know the ins-and-outs of the game, so they make few mistakes, which gives off the false impression that the skill level is higher than it really is.

To keep it a buck, the league is full of Mike Conleys — decent players that are loaded with experience that make few mistakes that can lead to their team losing.

Definitely this

And with the favoritism and fraternity/sorority mentality it also leads to players being able to hang on due to being part of the "sisterhood". The coaches are in on it as well

There's definitely some players not in the WNBA who could take a roster spot if given fair opportunity. Happens in a lot of leagues, even in the NFL theres gems found that didn't get a fair chance to play at their colleges or not well known because they played at small schools but get to shine when fairly evaluated.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GO8VO0ZbUAA7eJH
GO8fDQ6X0AAdzVp
GO70q13XkAAevN1

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Didn't Carrington complain about cramps after a game earlier in the season and blame it on the Starbucks Coffee?

Walking in with another cup of Starbucks before this game?

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Dallas gonna be a team to watch out for for sure when satou come back

Segrist has been playing really well. She was they're top pick last year who barely played. They got a great group of fowards and centers