Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So after hanging with my girl who works for the W…learned Angel is a darling and really takes learning everything about the league seriously

The commish is sort of :mjpls: and 100% is more into the white players and promoting them.

There are lots of little battles behind the scenes about how to handle CC - esp re the Olympics.

Big CBA coming up in 2026, pretty much no player has signed a LT contract beyond then - going to see a big shuffle in talent

2026 will likely welcome two new teams - Toronto and TBD. A lot of cities that used to have teams that disbanded them or sold them want back in now that the WNBA is looking up

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
So after hanging with my girl who works for the W…learned Angel is a darling and really takes learning everything about the league seriously

The commish is sort of :mjpls: and 100% is more into the white players and promoting them.

There are lots of little battles behind the scenes about how to handle CC - esp re the Olympics.

Big CBA coming up in 2026, pretty much no player has signed a LT contract beyond then - going to see a big shuffle in talent

2026 will likely welcome two new teams - Toronto and TBD. A lot of cities that used to have teams that disbanded them or sold them want back in now that the WNBA is looking up
Good info...the way Angel is not being pushed let's me know what time the commissioner is on :mjpls:

Clark is most definitely making the Olympics....there is too much advertising money behind her...not saying she sucks but it is what it is

The next CBA should at least double these ladies salary if not more...the viewership and attendance numbers make that inevitable

I think Boston and Houston are frontrunners for a new team...but watch out for a small market like OKC or San Antonio

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps

Sounds about right. :mjpls: A’ja has been by and far the best player in the league for a minute, but they’ve heavily marketed Stewie & Sabrina over her the last few seasons. The fact that she’s just NOW getting a signature shoe when she should’ve been had one is some nasty work.

But they gotta let CC rest for the Olympic break. They won’t, but with the schedule she’s had to start out and her not even having an adjustment period since the season started like 50ish days after the National Championship Game…

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds about right. :mjpls: A’ja has been by and far the best player in the league for a minute, but they’ve heavily marketed Stewie & Sabrina over her the last few seasons. The fact that she’s just NOW getting a signature shoe when she should’ve been had one is some nasty work.

But they gotta let CC rest for the Olympic break. They won’t, but with the schedule she’s had to start out and her not even having an adjustment period since the season started like 50ish days after the National Championship Game…
I think the league would go further is they let CC rest and let her potentially cook the rest of the year

If they force her to play Olympics they are some short sighted dumbasses for real and would lose some of my support

Also WNBA wasn’t really hitting on shyt marketing wise but God works in mysterious ways because the Angel/Clark hype made me watch AJa and got damn she is a fukking monster :ohhh:

But without the hype and controversy and discourse I can admit I wouldn’t have been tuned in

So the biggest historical winner may just be Wilson

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
I think the league would go further is they let CC rest and let her potentially cook the rest of the year

If they force her to play Olympics they are some short sighted dumbasses for real and would lose some of my support

Also WNBA wasn’t really hitting on shyt marketing wise but God works in mysterious ways because the Angel/Clark hype made me watch AJa and got damn she is a fukking monster :ohhh:

But without the hype and controversy and discourse I can admit I wouldn’t have been tuned in

So the biggest historical winner may just be Wilson
I give it up to Angel and Caitlin Clark for bringing attention to a game that just needed a spark .. it's Cool seeing folks tuning in and appreciating the great players in the game like Aja and Jackie Young ...I felt like I was the only one watching these ladies at times ....the game is in good hands right now :blessed:

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Aja is the best player by a wide margin...her game is too fluid...she will go down as the GOAT at this pace :banderas:
there is no goat in team sports for several reasons. Some players have better Gms, coaches, and teammates than others. You also have different positions, eras, competition ( the WNBA has never been short of that) and then there are some players that can't guard a chair glued to the floor and in my honest opinion, non-defenders should be instantly disqualified from any goat talk. This is for all team sports. And I think Wilson is one of the all time greatest players even this early in her career.

For those of you not as old as I am, I really wish there was a WNBA back in the early 90s. I would have loved to see Azzi , Mccray, Staley, in the league at an earlier age. They still played in the league, but they weren't in their prime. When some of you get the chance, google "ABL games" on youtube. That was the premier women's professional league here in amerikk before the WNBA. Nikki McCray(one of my favorite players of all time) led the Colombus Quest against Dawn Staley's Richmond Rage in the first championship. The NBA saw that people loved to see these women play here in the US aside from the Olmpics and then started the WNBA and the ABL went bankrupt. I'm not the biggest Caitlin Clark fans, but if her crakker fanbase gets people watching the WNBA getting these women more known, i'm all for it. I just hate that a lot of the games I want to see aren't even on the league pass. WTF is the purpose of the league pass if they're gonna continue putting games on other streaming platforms?

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps

We have played the Sun, Aces twice, Wings, and Liberty last night. That's 5 of our 7 games with the Sun and Liberty on back to back nights. Everyone goes through it. It's only 12 teams. The Fever's schedule is no harder or easier than anyone else's. The Fever has played the Sun twice, Liberty twice and Aces once. They've played the garbage azz Sparks twice. As for resting Clark,...... Those crakkers would riot if Sides pulled that Popovich shyt on them. Paying all of that money to go see Clark play and she's on the sideline chilling. Maaaan, Sides would need 24 hour security if that happened this season.

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
there is no goat in team sports for several reasons. Some players have better Gms, coaches, and teammates than others. You also have different positions, eras, competition ( the WNBA has never been short of that) and then there are some players that can't guard a chair glued to the floor and in my honest opinion, non-defenders should be instantly disqualified from any goat talk. This is for all team sports. And I think Wilson is one of the all time greatest players even this early in her career.

For those of you not as old as I am, I really wish there was a WNBA back in the early 90s. I would have loved to see Azzi , Mccray, Staley, in the league at an earlier age. They still played in the league, but they weren't in their prime. When some of you get the chance, google "ABL games" on youtube. That was the premier women's professional league here in amerikk before the WNBA. Nikki McCray(one of my favorite players of all time) led the Colombus Quest against Dawn Staley's Richmond Rage in the first championship. The NBA saw that people loved to see these women play here in the US aside from the Olmpics and then started the WNBA and the ABL went bankrupt. I'm not the biggest Caitlin Clark fans, but if her crakker fanbase gets people watching the WNBA getting these women more known, i'm all for it. I just hate that a lot of the games I want to see aren't even on the league pass. WTF is the purpose of the league pass if they're gonna continue putting games on other streaming platforms?
Bro you go way back with women's basketball ..I appreciate the lesson ..Im new to the professional game... been a fan of the game since Candace was playing at Tennessee with coach Pat..I think we both just want the game of women's basketball to flourish .if some white chick from Iowa makes that happen im all for it :manny:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

League pass is an extension of the national contract, there are simply not enough teams and games, it's hard to justify a purchase

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Bro you go way back with women's basketball ..I appreciate the lesson ..Im new to the professional game... been a fan of the game since Candace was playing at Tennessee with coach Pat..I think we both just want the game of women's basketball to flourish .if some white chick from Iowa makes that happen im all for it :manny:
Thursday night Caitlin!

7:00 pmSeattle Storm - Indiana FeverAmazon

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I'm so fukking sick of Aja whining about being snubbed for MVP...You were not snubbed.....You are playing with the best pg, best SF and top 3 sg......Aja is so selfish/greedy....Won MVP/DPOTY in 2022....Wasn't even the best player in the playoffs/finals. That was her teammate Gray.....Then won DPOTY in 2023 but bytching about not winning the MVP....At no point last season did Aja have to carry the Aces...They took turns being the primary option....Once Hammon realized Aja's stat was being Stewarts they started forcing her to the basketball late during the season.

Just look at the people calling Aja MVP but not giving her teammate who's also an MVP candidate any credit

J.Young is putting up 21.8p/5.4r/8.2a/1.8s on 46/35/87 shooting with elite-level defense but isn't getting the recognition because people have their heads up Aja's ass.

Last edited:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
CC should turn down any offer to be on the Olympic team...Coach Reeve already made a comment that tells me she doesn't want Clark on the team.....Coach Reeve is a lezzy who supports trans women playing in the WNBA....CC should just work on her game during the 1-month break and finish the season strong...