Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. I’m so tired of these WNBa elitest acting all proud that they were one of the 1,700 people watching women’s basketball for years. Like that’s something to be proud of, basketball is basketball and acting like I have to have time in watching the women’s game to validate my argument is ridiculous

Caitlin Clark has a style of play that a lot of people want to see, the women before her didn’t. These are fact not feelings. Instead of telling me I’m a casual or saying it’s wrong to use her star power to progress the league is why this league isn’t making money.

It’s not about the best it’s about the most entertaining, it’s about storylines. Basketball isn’t important so if I’m going to watch it then I want to watch the players that are fun to watch. There is a reason MJ is widely considered the goat and not Kareem or some other goofy center. MJ was more entertaining to watch than those guys, making him more marketable to casuals. Him magic and bird is the reason the nba is able to foot the bill for the “W”.

The game was growing, granted not to this extent but viewership was trending upwards , games sold out last year Liberty games and aces games so your 1700 fans comment, which is hate is wrong

Its nothing wrong with a casual fan, but don’t come in here (not you) disrespecting other players

When folks come in here and say the league was trash before her and they should be kissing her ass why wouldn’t people get offended

Sabrina been shooting logo threes, arike been had elite handles Chelsea been a point god Kelsey been had elite footwork Aja been playing like mvp kg and a thomas been playing like Jokic

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The game was growing, granted not to this extent but viewership was trending upwards , games sold out last year Liberty games and aces games so your 1700 fans comment, which is hate is disingenuous

Its nothing wrong with a casual fan, but don’t come in here (not you) disrespecting other players

When folks come in here and say the league was trash before her and they should be kissing her ass why wouldn’t people get offended

Sabrina been shooting logo threes, arike been had elite handles Chelsea been a point god Kelsey been had elite footwork Aja been playing like mvp kg and a thomas been playing like Jokic
That's an important detail that people keep disregarding and overlooking. It didn't necessarily just start with CC granted she has taken them to a completely different level.

Both things can be and are true.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
One thing they're incorrectly crediting CC for, is charter flights. They were already in the works last year because Griner was getting harassed at airports after she came back from Russia. Vegas and NY were already flying charter and paying the fines because it is against the rules since not all ownership can afford it for a whole season.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
d9OPwej.gif
Spoon pent-up like Cleo:dame::skip:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The game was growing, granted not to this extent but viewership was trending upwards , games sold out last year Liberty games and aces games so your 1700 fans comment, which is hate is wrong

The league is STILL trash even with CC. That's what your dumbass doesn't seem to get. It's bad basketball and a tough watch. Nobody cared about the WNBA last year and we still dont care this year. We are however entertained by whole the CC spectacle and drama. And for the sake of the league they better hope that the "casuals" like me dont go away anytime soon.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
CC is the storyline. Nobody cared about the wnba before she got there and if she left it would immediately become irrelevant again. Yall need to come to grips with reality. wnba is overall a terrible product. There is nothing to discuss. CC just made it more entertaining and more watchable with her style of play.

Yeah and anyone arguing against this is a clown. The numbers speak for themselves. No one cares about this shyt outside of CC and maybe a small percentage for Reese, but that was also helped by CC.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
The league is STILL trash even with CC. That's what your dumbass doesn't seem to get. It's bad basketball and a tough watch. Nobody cared about the WNBA last year and we still dont care this year. We are however entertained by whole the CC spectacle and drama. And for the sake of the league they better hope that the "casuals" like me dont go away anytime soon.

You keep saying nobody but I’m telling you viewership was up last year and games were sold out. You can fact check it, But go head and cook. You wanna watch for drama or Caitlyn go ahead. I ain’t finna be a gatekeeper

Fever play the mystics on wed, hopefully you start liking the league and show some other girls some love