Official WNBA Random Thoughts - 6/30 Dream vs. Liberty @ 1PM ET on ESPN. Fever vs. Mercury @ 3PM ET on ESPN

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
This is good for the game. Brink too.

And honestly, CC is popular because she looks like a woman too. People watch women sports to see women, not to watch Dirk in a dress

That's not Dirk in a dress, your saying you would hit that raw:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What kills me is there are so many storylines in the W right now that would do more to promote the league than this toxic bullshyt. Nobody has talked about the All-Stars, Olympics (outside of CC not being on the team), Teams going on a run before the break and who can maintain that momentum coming out of it, etc., etc., etc.

There is a lot to talk about because it's an exciting season; but sadly the only place to get that kind of discussion is here. Mayyyybe ESPN's Big 3 pre-game show.

Real fans don’t say I’m only watching the game for Caitlin Clark, they don’t disrespect every other player in the league not named Caitlyn Clark. Including mvp’s and legends

CC fans are mostly racist not all but alot of them, I hope they disappear

CC is the storyline. Nobody cared about the wnba before she got there and if she left it would immediately become irrelevant again. Yall need to come to grips with reality. wnba is overall a terrible product. There is nothing to discuss. CC just made it more entertaining and more watchable with her style of play.

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
CC is the storyline. Nobody cared about the wnba before she got there and if she left it would immediately become irrelevant again. Yall need to come to grips with reality. wnba is overall a terrible product. There is nothing to discuss. CC just made it more entertaining and more watchable with her style of play.
This is just a Coli casual mindset, if you like basketball you will find entertainment in their games

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps

So you one of them weak as casual fans who only watch the game for her ?

This is the typical Caitlyn Clark fan completely disrespectful to the players that came before her

:camby:

And don’t come back

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Like I told @Trojan 24 . These chicks are food once they get to the league and that "pressure" get applied to em
flOYPZs.gif
@Trojan 24
Taurasi handsy as hell on Brink

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
:unimpressed: nice hot take, breh.

Let me guess... they should lower the rim to encourage dunking, right?

With trash fans like you, the W is better off being irrelevant.

Standing on business

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

The number of people watching and that’s in the stands this year compared to last year kind of validates what you’re saying. However the hardcore brehs who were legitimately fans before this fiasco aren’t going to accept that
:hubie:

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
This is just a Coli casual mindset, if you like basketball you will find entertainment in their games
yes, it can be entertaining at times,

but yall are also being disengenuous about the skill level of these women and how you have to turn a blind eye to stuff that you would normally clown if it happened in the NBA, the reason why alot of people didn't bother tuning in in the first place for all these years

there's way more bad players in the W than there are good, half of these teams you got 1 or 2 decent players and the rest literally look like walk-ons from the local rec, blowing layups, extremely long stretches of no buckets, having absolutely 0 form in the paint, shyt gets very sloppy out there

so like you said, yes we're watching for entertainment, but that's it, not because it looks like the pinnacle of basketball being played

you can't expect people who normally just watch NBA to start watching this product and just talk around it or act like they aren't seeing it just because it's women :manny: from what i've been seeing the girls who actually can hoop have been getting their props, obviously people are learning names still, but no one seems to be fronting on any Wnba player that's actually good, there's just alot of bums in the league still because it's still growing, just like the old NBA

ALL of this shyt will even out once a few more women have their own stanbases and it'll be the same stan wars we see in the NBA

:unimpressed: nice hot take, breh.

Let me guess... they should lower the rim to encourage dunking, right?

With trash fans like you, the W is better off being irrelevant.

and this right here is the energy alot of wnba faithfuls are giving off that has people looking at yall crazy

yall want them women to be broke and overseas instead of just living with the pros and cons that come with big publicity? how are you a real fan of these women thinking like this :gucci: they want money, better resources, and the ability to stay in the country.

plenty of nikkas in the NBA have annoying fanbases, that means those players shouldn't be in the league or something? why the hell are you so fixated on the fans instead of just enjoying the game yourself? instead of the wnba being irrelvant, make the nonsensical fans irrelevant in your world, you'd have nothing left to complain about

this is very interesting :ohhh: yall already know the growth of the W is gonna mirror the nba, the players themselves actually want that, but yall so fixated on HOW it gets there, you'd be willing to self sabotage if it doesn't happen the way you've imagined it in your heads :wow: like a petty parent being more upset with how you did your chores vs. them being done

Daps

but yall are also being disengenuous about the skill level of these women and how you have to turn a blind eye to stuff that you would normally clown if it happened in the NBA, the reason why alot of people didn't bother tuning in in the first place for all these years

there's way more bad players in the W than there are good, half of these teams you got 1 or 2 decent players and the rest literally look like walk-ons from the local rec, blowing layups, extremely long stretches of no buckets, having absolutely 0 form in the paint, shyt gets very sloppy out there

so like you said, yes we're watching for entertainment, but that's it, not because it looks like the pinnacle of basketball being played

you can't expect people who normally just watch NBA to start watching this product and just talk around it or act like they aren't seeing it just because it's women :manny: from what i've been seeing the girls who actually can hoop have been getting their props, obviously people are learning names still, but no one seems to be fronting on any Wnba player that's actually good, there's just alot of bums in the league still because it's still growing, just like the old NBA

ALL of this shyt will even out once a few more women have their own stanbases and it'll be the same stan wars we see in the NBA

and this right here is the energy alot of wnba faithfuls are giving off that has people looking at yall crazy

yall want them women to be broke and overseas instead of just living with the pros and cons that come with big publicity? how are you a real fan of these women thinking like this :gucci: they want money, better resources, and the ability to stay in the country.

plenty of nikkas in the NBA have annoying fanbases, that means those players shouldn't be in the league or something? why the hell are you so fixated on the fans instead of just enjoying the game yourself? instead of the wnba being irrelvant, make the nonsensical fans irrelevant in your world, you'd have nothing left to complain about

this is very interesting :ohhh: yall already know the growth of the W is gonna mirror the nba, the players themselves actually want that, but yall so fixated on HOW it gets there, you'd be willing to self sabotage if it doesn't happen the way you've imagined it in your heads :wow: like a petty parent being more upset with how you did your chores vs. them being done
there’s a difference between annoying fan base and a racist fan base don’t act like they are the same. Also the name goes long stretches without baskets and the reason they don’t blow layups in the nba is because they are mostly 6’7 dudes with 30 inch verticals that’s literally the difference shooting wise everything is the same stat wise

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The number of people watching and that’s in the stands this year compared to last year to this year kind of validate what you’re saying. However the hardcore brehs who were legitimately fans before this fiasco aren’t going to accept that
:hubie:

The hardcore fans and the players need to realize that the casuals are what get you paid. The casuals are what get your games on better time slots. The casuals are what sell out your arena.

You can't have all the glitz, glamor, and prestige without the casuals.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

Exactly. I’m so tired of these WNBa elitest acting all proud that they were one of the 1,700 people watching women’s basketball for years. Like that’s something to be proud of, basketball is basketball and acting like I have to have time in watching the women’s game to validate my argument is ridiculous

Caitlin Clark has a style of play that a lot of people want to see, the women before her didn’t. These are fact not feelings. Instead of telling me I’m a casual or saying it’s wrong to use her star power to progress the league is why this league isn’t making money.

It’s not about the best it’s about the most entertaining, it’s about storylines. Basketball isn’t important so if I’m going to watch it then I want to watch the players that are fun to watch. There is a reason MJ is widely considered the goat and not Kareem or some other goofy center. MJ was more entertaining to watch than those guys, making him more marketable to casuals. Him magic and bird is the reason the nba is able to foot the bill for the “W”.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
It’s always hilarious watching these debates and seeing people call each other “casuals” and you don’t watch the game. Same people who when you check their post history in this very thread they have jack shyt before May of this year. I have no problem admitting I’m a casual WNBA fan who only started really paying attention because of Clark/Reese