Official WNBA Random Thoughts - 2024 WNBA Champions New York Liberty

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
A player can still exercise free agency even if she's protected. It

I had forgot that the Hull had replaced Samuelson in the starting lineup when I made my comment.

Who are the six that you want protected for the Mercury (assuming Taurasi retires)?
that's easy. Griner, Copper, Cloud, Cunningham, and Taylor. I know the stats don't show it, but I think Taylor can be a very good player. Next season we should bring Cunningham off the bench. Taurasi will no longer be there to be her bodyguard on the court protecting her from everyone else. It's really only 5 imo that aren't expendable with Taurasi leaving. We need to go into free agency and draft well. We really need a defensive pg that can hit the open 3. She doesn't have to shoot like Ionescu or Clark, but at least be able to hit an open 3 and defend. And that pg has to make Griner's job easy since she's aging and moving slower than ever. Copper is aging too. I just think we're gong to be bad for a while, but I hope we don't win a single game in the 2026 season.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Just because a team can protect up to 6 players does not mean they should exercise that option......If you can get GS to take a salary of your hand that could potentially free up cap space so that you can make a trade. That may be the better way to go.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Thoughts? :jbhmm:

seeing as she was mic'd up I'm assuming she planned that, shyt was awkward and goofy. can't imagine sitting courtside at the Final 4 and talking about white privilege but that pretty much sums up the WNBA, the actual hoops is secondary.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I think that Liberty will protect (Stewie, Sab, JJ, Betnijah and Fiebich).

I have no clue on who the 6th protected player would be.