Official Westworld Season 4 Thread

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Why do they do this 8 episode thing? Everything else has 9 or 10

Mainly its due to budget. Sometimes its the networks putting the pressure on the producers/writers to get their shyt together. Some episodes drag because the writers trying to space the story out so they can hit the episodes for that season but its a very unique skill trying to create good filler.

Also HBO and Showtime shows and other streaming platforms give you anything from 8-20 minutes extra content than what network TV gives you. So you can get more into a episode.

Last edited:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw the trailer on HBO max with the chick from Thor.. I gotta watch this from season one? :Beli: I just want to see her really :heh:

This better be good
I couldn't imagine jumping into this show in the middle... Season 1 is the best season.. I'd watch that and then continue at your own risk lol.

So i stopped after season 2

Should i keep watching
I thought season 2 was a big drop off from Season 1 and season 3 was worse than season 2 in my opinion... I watched it because I ran out of other shows to watch during the pandemic, I probably wouldn't have ever watched it otherwise. Season 3 has some cool cinematography and action/fight scenes, but the story is pretty trash imo. more weirdo shyt where you don't know Dolores real motivations at all and they basically turn Bernard into a useless side character.

like I said above tho, I thought the first episode of this season was interesting so it might just be worth waiting til this season is over and seeing what the reviews are. could bounce back.. show has so much potential, but the writers like to fukk around too much.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I saw the trailer on HBO max with the chick from Thor.. I gotta watch this from season one? :Beli: I just want to see her really :heh:

This better be good
To understand the motivations of any of the main characters you have to start from Season 1 plus Anthony Hopkins is the main star

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I’m surprised so many in here are saying that they liked season 2. To me, it was confusing just for the sake of being confusing. The complex story did nothing for the story telling in my opinion. It was actually a distraction.
season 2 is where HBO cost themselves the huge audience they hoped this show would have

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
First 15 minutes brought the feeling back
happymib-zpsjyiuo25j.png

But then Dolores storyline threw me off and it took me a minute to remember Aaron Paul was in season 3 :francis: I decided to get a refresher with a youtube season 3 recap video, which left me even more confused. Kid Cudi was in season 3? :dead: I can't believe I actually watched that shyt, I just remember the AI storyline.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
First 15 minutes brought the feeling back
happymib-zpsjyiuo25j.png

But then Dolores storyline threw me off and it took me a minute to remember Aaron Paul was in season 3 :francis: I decided to get a refresher with a youtube season 3 recap video, which left me even more confused. Kid Cudi was in season 3? :dead: I can't believe I actually watched that shyt, I just remember the AI storyline.
Cudi was Aaron Paul's BFF but the system played them against each other for money. AP' character with the shyts though and shot first. He was drugged out and brain washed to forget what he did but Dolores kind freed him.

Show is still hitting for me and the main thing I'd tell anyone if they were coming back to the show or new is all the themes they deal with in s1 are still there but, more abstract. They basically expand all the concepts the hosts are dealing with (memory, consciousness, awareness, agency etc) to involve humans and ppl in the world. The world is the park, everyone is a host, the people with power (billions/trillions) are the tourists/visitors or corporation.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Westworld may have found it’s mojo back.
This first episode
Dare I say
Best episode of the show since Samurai World and the one about the Ghost Indian host.
Some fans I get it gonna be difficult to get the bad taste of Pinkmans character from season 3 but with the long 8 year jump
I feel this version of his character is far more intriguing. I was hooked and this has serious potential to be Above average

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still gonna cancel my hbo max subscription after this season since it's the last and they did not renew raised by wolves...gonna need my sci-fi fix

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched the premiere, a lot of table setting to get everyone caught up to where the characters are now.

It was cool seeing Aaron Stanford from 12 Monkeys (TV version) show up, that was such an underrated Syfy show.