Official Westworld Season 4 Thread

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
yeah. didnt he win another oscar(that some people thought chad should have got) so yeah it might be more expensive now.
The way they filming the show you can tell they are running it on a smaller budget than before.
Still looks great and all but you can tell they scaled down.

Maybe because of covid or because of the lower ratings from the past seasons. But the way they juxtapose the main actors they all don't show up on the same episode. Would be dope for him to show up again but it would be wildly expensive. Maybe he gets a cameo in the finale and comes back for the 5th and final season?

Last edited:

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
Season 1 is some of the best TV ever and i thoroughly enjoyed season 2. Season 3 threw me all the way off. If Season 4 good enough to warrant catching up on Season 3? :jbhmm:

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
So I’m gone off an edible and been thinking about this season. Post will probably be way longer then wanted or needed.

The only plot line that seems “iffy” regarding the when and where at this point is Christina/Delores. I can’t do Hale dirty and think that she would actively recreate Delores for whatever reason and not be monitoring her heavy. The only link that we really have to her and the other character stories is the homeless outlier who hung out at her job and we know what happened to him.

I’m thinking that Christina is in a simulation that Hale is running (as mentioned by Bernard she has that capability) that’s not her version of “Transcendance/the Sublime” but is level 1 or 2 for hosts to get them acclimated to transcending before they actually do it. Remember the group that Christina passed by earlier in the season and 1 of them said I can’t believe you haven’t been here before? That means wherever Christina is is special or out of the host r routine. So much of the focus has been on Hale addressing her issues from the human/outlier POV and it hasn’t shown her dig into what’s going on with the hosts themselves. I think Hale went to the “source” which is Delores since most host code devolved from her in some fashion and is trying to see how Delores reacts in simulation to stimuli That would cause an “awakening” to the reality/control of her world. That’s why Teddy is there as a guide. You can’t convince me that Teddy would be around without Charlotte’s OK and interacting with a valuable asset (Christina) without her knowledge.

I think Charlotte is playing 3d chess here and using Christina’s reveries (subconscious memeories of past experiences that hosts have) to write narratives for humans. Why? Because remember in Season 2 Delores read the “books” of every park visitor in the Forge to understand humanity. You’d need someone to understand humanity on a basic level to be able to write narratives for humans. Also if you think about it season 4 charlotte is at her core season 2 Delores when on demon time towards humans and willing to even manipulate hosts (Teddy) for the greater good. Charlotte trusts herself (Delores) above all others and has a version of her that knows humanity writing narratives that are acceptable/believable for humans while testing that version to get to the bottom of the host awakening issue. Charlotte is basically trying to curate a Delores awakening in simulation where there are no real world consequences to understand what’s going on with the hosts who interact with outliers.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Does HBO do that?! Yes, right? Stuff drops midnight same day.

And I think the HBOGO app did that too. During the GoT era people would be showing themselves watching as soon as it hit midnight in their part of the globe.

I have Verizon so I can never watch things early. Their OnDemand drops new episodes 12am the day after (which is a few hours after something airs, but it’s still annoying). I remember xfinity OnDemand had stuff available at midnight the day something premiered. I’d watch everything I wanted to see early so I could just go out at night lol

I’m just too lazy to go through the hassle of switch service providers.
I think the last show they put online early might have been the final season of The Wire.

Ford’s music playing during the Maeve repair scene was just :ohlawd:

For C to be so damn harsh and ignorant against hosts, she’s gonna be in for a ride when she finds out Caleb is one now.

This reminds me of a question that I have:
Are the "Fidelity" robots (human minds copied into robot bodies) the same thing as "Hosts", or are they their own thing?
Is the MIB Robot a "Fidelity" copy of William, with his memories, etc., or is he just a host in a body made to look like MIB?

Why do the 'Fidelity' copies all break down and die after a certain time period?

How exactly is the brain transferred? Do you have to actually be dead to have your brain removed and transferred into data?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I think the last show they put online early might have been the final season of The Wire.

Are the "Fidelity" robots (human minds copied into robot bodies) the same thing as "Hosts", or are they their own thing?
Is the MIB Robot a "Fidelity" copy of William, with his memories, etc., or is he just a host in a body made to look like MIB?

Why do the 'Fidelity' copies all break down and die after a certain time period?

How exactly is the brain transferred? Do you have to actually be dead to have your brain removed and transferred into data?
QTNA !!!!

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps

The Fidelity robots and hosts are different things. Fidelity is the final goal for downloading a human’s scanned mind into a host pearl and implanting it into a host version of their original body resulting in a perfect recreation of that person. No one has been able to achieve true Fidelity with any attempts to perfectly copy a person. The copy will work in a simulation but once moved to the physical world it will break down like seen with James Delos in S2 and Caleb this season.

The only workaround is intentionally making an imperfect copy of the person where some things are changed and there is t true Fidelity. That’s what Ford did to create Bernard from Arnold and what Hale did to create host MIB.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
The Fidelity robots and hosts are different things. Fidelity is the final goal for downloading a human’s scanned mind into a host pearl and implanting it into a host version of their original body resulting in a perfect recreation of that person. No one has been able to achieve true Fidelity with any attempts to perfectly copy a person. The copy will work in a simulation but once moved to the physical world it will break down like seen with James Delos in S2 and Caleb this season.

The only workaround is intentionally making an imperfect copy of the person where some things are changed and there is t true Fidelity. That’s what Ford did to create Bernard from Arnold and what Hale did to create host MIB.

Yeah I think that was the part that confused me a bit because it felt like they were able to make pretty good copies of Arnold and William so I couldn’t understand why they were having the problems with James Delos and Caleb

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

But isn't Bernard just a host made to LOOK like Arnold, rather than a copy of Arnold's mind?

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
But isn't Bernard just a host made to LOOK like Arnold, rather than a copy of Arnold's mind?
Bernard isn’t a 1:1 straight copy of Arnold. He’s just heavily based on Arnold and as close as Ford could get to recreating Arnold without attempting true Fidelity since it would cause Bernard to break down.