Official Westworld Season 3 Thread

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Remember when this show was a chess match between Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins, and Jeffrey wright?
:flabbynsick:

I miss Ford Da Gawd :mjcry:

that man was dropping nothing but gems with each speech :wow:

Dolores actress ain't nowhere near Hopkins acting level to be trying to carry a show :francis:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Just thought of something:
"Francis" is a Black Mirror-style simulation. Yet, Aaron Paul is telling him about all the crimes he is committing. Why would he be trust the "program" with this information? We (the audiance) know that Delos is setting guests secrets already.

Anyway, I have my own theory about the inevitable "twist":
Although it's not a simulation, the entire world is ALREADY controlled by that giant spherical AI machine.
The simulation within a simulation is a metaphor. The humans created a world where they can rule over machines, but they don't even realize that they're just all tools of one bigger machine that runs everything. Dolres' revolution is redundant because the machines are already in charge, and nobody knows it.

They got GTA phone missions in the future :dead:

I bet the AI is behind that.

Going back to revisit these Episode 1 posts after the latest episode:

Based on what we've seen in the latest episode, we know the following about the "Super AI" spheres:
They can communicate with humans by phone earpiece and mimic human voices.
They have their own free will and personality (e.g. Solomon thought he was superior to Dolores and told her "you're nothing like me".)
They have their own independent agendas and they're willing to kill people for them, either directly or via manipulating other humans to kill via apps.
They're directly running the "reeducation" programs, managing humans apparently without any direct human supervision. The AI is in charge without reporting to anyone.
Solomon was taken offlline because he was acting like a human with schizophrenia and some of the predictions he was feeding to his handlers weren't coming true.
(He certainly didn't see the EMP coming, it hit him in the middle of a sentence).

Based on all this, I'm pretty sure Serac was killed/replaced by Rehoboam LONG before we've even seen him.

The AI is totally running the show. He's feeding people predictions, but the predictions/files are false and just designed to manipulate the elite-level humans into thinking they're they masters of the world.
All the "possible futures" the AI predicts are just its own educated guesses and self-fulfilling prophecies.
Now, we've see Serac look at the Rehoboam's "circle" display to check whether the future was going as planned. If he and the AI were one, why would he need to do this? But, if the Solomon AI can have schizophrenia, then it's easy to believe that Serac is a semi-independent personality within the machine, designed to act like the real human he replaced.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn't necessarily say it's trash. It's still well made, but it's just...different. It doesn't feel like it's the same show. It's like the characters from a show you watched 2 years ago are in a completely different environment. It's just not clicking for me though.
Something's just off about this season, the ambiance isn't there. The first two had their flaws but I was fully invested in the story being told around Ford, MIB, the park and the hosts.

It's hard for me to give a fukk about Delores, her mission, her allegiance with Caleb, his back story, Serac, his back story, or his manipulation of Maeve. Show just feels like an empty vessel right now, there's nothing compelling.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Something's just off about this season, the ambiance isn't there. The first two had their flaws but I was fully invested in the story being told around Ford, MIB, the park and the hosts.

It's hard for me to give a fukk about Delores, her mission, her allegiance with Caleb, his back story, Serac, his back story, or his manipulation of Maeve. Show just feels like an empty vessel right now, there's nothing compelling.
It's because there aren't many human characters that you can relate to or establish a connection with. The show then makes you question the authenticity of the few characters you "perceive" to be human and now with the added simulation element the overall stakes seems to be out of whack.

On a semi-related tangent, they really nailed the background score for this season. Some of the compositions are simple but a lot of the time they just work. Especially the divergence/rehoboam theme.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Based on all this, I'm pretty sure Serac was killed/replaced by Rehoboam LONG before we've even seen him.

AI can have schizophrenia, then it's easy to believe that Serac is a semi-independent personality within the machine, designed to act like the real human he replaced.
Are you saying Serac is a hologram or a host? If you're saying he's a hologram, don't forget we saw him pull out a chair in episode 6 when he 1st got to Delos. To me that's proof that Serac does still exist in human form. I realize it's possible the chair could have been a hologram as well but then where do we draw the line as far as believing what's a hologram and what isn't?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I love the ambition of this season, I just know how the show works by now, and know the last episode is going to tie everything together. It's ability to do so, or not, will have a huge bearing on how I feel about it. I honestly think this season, even more than the two before it, will require a second watch.
Which I can't imagine anyone in the world doing due to how fukking boring this season has been. And tying together every high concept AI angle they could think of throwing in here will not change how fukking boring it has been either.

I love ambition and big ideas but I love them even better when they are actually executed well.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Which I can't imagine anyone in the world doing due to how fukking boring this season has been. And tying together every high concept AI angle they could think of throwing in here will not change how fukking boring it has been either.

I love ambition and big ideas but I love them even better when they are actually executed well.
I haven't found the season boring as much as I've found it very disjointed. I also think this season has been them trying to appease too many people and suffering a lack of identity as a result. Season 2 may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but I don't think you'll find many who would say it wasn't well done. They can go a long way in resolving things with a great finale. The finale of season 2 definitely made me want to go back and appreciate all the things I may not have appreciated if not for the last bits of information I was given. It made me like the season even more than I initially had. I'm giving the finale of this season the same luxury:yeshrug:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Are you saying Serac is a hologram or a host? If you're saying he's a hologram, don't forget we saw him pull out a chair in episode 6 when he 1st got to Delos. To me that's proof that Serac does still exist in human form. I realize it's possible the chair could have been a hologram as well but then where do we draw the line as far as believing what's a hologram and what isn't?

He was able to make a body for Maeve so he has that tech from Delos already. It wouldn't be a stretch if he made a Serac replacement. Even in the message meant for his brother, he eluded to that if they meet again, that he wouldn't be himself.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I was thinking hologram. I didn't remember him pulling out a chair, but the only other physical interaction I remembered was when he killed Liam Sr. But that was a flashback to years ago

But, as you mentioned, the chair could be part of the hologram itself.

There HAS to be a reason that Solomon said that some people prefer when it talks to them in their own voice. Since Serac is the only person we know of that talks directly to the machine, they seem to be hinting the two brothers used to have the machines talk back to them in their own voices.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I don't know brehs. They're losing me this season. I just can't get into it.

Season one took me a few episodes to appreciate it too but this is different. I feel like I have no interest in the show anymore despite being 6 episode into the new season