Official Westworld Season 3 Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Is this season trash? I was waiting for all the episodes to drop so I could binge watch.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's trash. It's still well made, but it's just...different. It doesn't feel like it's the same show. It's like the characters from a show you watched 2 years ago are in a completely different environment. It's just not clicking for me though.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I'm not willing to even judge the shyt until we get the last episode, which has proven to be what ties together all the threads for all the previous seasons.
I can understand people not liking these characters and focus on characters compared to previous seasons (I mean how can you replace Anthony Hopkins) but the concepts behind the season are just interesting to me. It’s just like season 1 and Aaron Paul is Dolores awakening and rebelling.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I can understand people not liking these characters and focus on characters compared to previous seasons (I mean how can you replace Anthony Hopkins) but the concepts behind the season are just interesting to me. It’s just like season 1 and Aaron Paul is Dolores awakening and rebelling.
I love the ambition of this season, I just know how the show works by now, and know the last episode is going to tie everything together. It's ability to do so, or not, will have a huge bearing on how I feel about it. I honestly think this season, even more than the two before it, will require a second watch.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy how most of y'all want dumb down senseless violence and nudity like much of season one without looking at the parallels and symbolism can callbacks the series keep providing.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
first person I ever saw use that "orbital drop" thing..... was Warren Ellis like 15 years ago.

We FINALLY got an actual Maeve/Dolores showdown. It was kinda a foregone conclusion. Despite them being both machines, Dolores been killing scared humans and plotting. Maeve been in them trenches killing humans, hosts, samurai and nazis.

The irony of Serac seeing his brother had mental issues, them first creating an AI with those mental issues (Solmon doesn't know whats real, so it can't plot reliable futures), doing the same thing to that AI that he did to his brother (putting it in a mental ward)...... then giving humans those same mental issues

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
These hosts been deadeye with the heat all season but all of a sudden Clem & Musashi couldn't hit water if they fell out a boat. This finale will make me decide if I'm along for the ride in season 4

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So the creators have been paid for seasons 5 & 6 as well.
The renewal comes as little surprise as Westworld remains a key piece in HBO's scripted originals lineup. While season three returned down (1.7 million total viewers, including 901,000 linear vs. 2.05 million of the latter in season two), the renewal, per sources, was part of Joy and Nolan's larger payout as part of their nine-figure overall deal the duo signed with Amazon last year. While the married showrunners will create new projects for Amazon, the deal included upfront payment for their services as showrunners on Westworld for what sources say could be up to season six.
'Westworld' Renewed for Season 4 at HBO