Official Westworld Season 3 Thread

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
In ep 1 of this season Hale came into the board room swaggin and snatched control of the board of Delos with ease. Was that Delores at the time?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Why is this show devoid of any humanity
I think that's the point. A theme we've seen is that the hosts, as they slowly form their own conscience, display more humanity than actual humans. We're finally seeing the outside world this season. Visually, it looks like we've achieved a technological utopia, but it's really rather dystopian how controlled everyone's lives are, down to Rehoboam plotting every facet of their being. Humans are far more like hosts. That's why Westworld was so successful. It's a vacation where they can live out their true instincts independent of their programmed "narratives" in the real world. Dolores is supposed to be the "villain" but there is some merit to what she seems to be planning. It's all still very early and I think all parties involved are going to have second thoughts about what they think is right and wrong.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think I might check out of this shyt until the season is done

I thought the first ep was cool....2nd ep was boring to me and I was literally :yawn: during the 3rd ep. Was checking my phone within the first 20 minutes, I never do that for any TV show or movie.

I think I'll binge it after the season is over.

Fred.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I think that's the point. A theme we've seen is that the hosts, as they slowly form their own conscience, display more humanity than actual humans. We're finally seeing the outside world this season. Visually, it looks like we've achieved a technological utopia, but it's really rather dystopian how controlled everyone's lives are, down to Rehoboam plotting every facet of their being. Humans are far more like hosts. That's why Westworld was so successful. It's a vacation where they can live out their true instincts independent of their programmed "narratives" in the real world. Dolores is supposed to be the "villain" but there is some merit to what she seems to be planning. It's all still very early and I think all parties involved are going to have second thoughts about what they think is right and wrong.
I mean the actual show (not plot)
It's devoid of any joy and at times it's almost sterile.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Joy isn't the sole indication of humanity
It isn't, but there isn't much else in terms of speaking on the human condition, at least in a way that's not abstract or philosophical.

It's a meticulously crafted jigsaw puzzle that sometimes dwells too long on its own reverence.

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was obvious Delores is in two bodies at the same time :yeshrug:

A better question is who is Vincent cassell character?:ohhh:
He's probably the master AI running that Incite shyt.

Edit: Probably aiming for irony, that while Ford was a human systemically planning and running the lives of AI in Westworld, in the "real world", an AI was systemically planning and running the lives of tons of humans, treating most of the world population as its own little amusement park.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
source.gif
in the building :russ::gucci::mindblown:

if he's in your show, then that doesn't usually bode well for it :mjlol:
RIP "Almost Human".

Great Episode imo, Got the host Hale starting to connect with who the real Hale was.... And Caleb realizing he was given an ain't shyt life and now basically has nothing to lose so why not help the person who exposed the truth....

At first it made no sense to me that the "real" Hale was somehow bleeding into the host copy. How could that happen if its a totally different host CPU stuck in a copy of the a body?

But now looking back on it a day later I think I get it:
When Dolores put the host CPU inside the copy of Hale's body, she ALSO downloaded a copy of Hale's "diary" book into it. That's why there are two personas fighting for control of the body.