Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
13. Super Lemon Haze

superLemonHaze.jpg

Highest lab-tested THC at a HT Cannabis Cup: 22.64 percent (Los Angeles Cup, 2012)
One of only two back-to-back Cannabis Cup champions, the Super Lemon Haze scored her wins in Amsterdam in 2008 and 2009. One of her parents, Super Silver Haze, was the only other strain to achieve this feat, back in 1998 and 1999 (more about her at #4).
The Super Lemon Haze is a true Amsterdam original, created by the breeding giant Green House Seed Company as a cross of Lemon Skunk and Super Silver Haze. The Lemon Skunk half, which is native to the US, brings an overwhelming citrus flavor to the palate.
weebl.gif

Lab testing has shown extremely high profiles of limonene and terpinolene, making this super-sativa both tasty and potent.

12. G-13

The first (and, so far, only) known strain to be bred by the US government at this country’s sole legal cannabis-research facility at the University of Mississippi, the G-13 was secretly procured and brought to Holland circa 1986, where she fast became the mother to a host of epic strains. Because of her notoriety, most G-13 hybrids clearly state the parents in their name, like G-13 Haze (Cannabis Cup winner, 2007), G-13 Hashplant or Lemon G-13. Most recently, the G-13 was crossed with a Jack Herer male to produce the newly popular XJ-13.
weebl.gif

11. Skunk #1

One of the first and best real hybrids of the modern cannabis-breeding era, Skunk #1 is a mix of three true-breeding landrace strains: Afghani (#6), Mexican (#25) and Colombian.
weebl.gif

This well-balanced beauty is a heavy yielder, doing well both indoors and out, filling gardens with that pungent, skunky aroma. She went on to play a role in the creation of such strains as Skunk- berry, Cheese, the Church, Island Sweet Skunk and Lemon Skunk, plus a couple
of other choice smokes you’ll see further down The List at #8 and #4.

10. Blueberry

blueberry.jpg

Highest lab-tested THC at a HT Cannabis Cup: 17.45 percent (Seattle, 2013)
A perennial favorite with pot aficionados across the globe, the Blueberry could not be omitted from The List—and especially the top 10.
Bred by DJ Short of Legends Seeds out of western Canada decades ago, the Blueberry is a powerful indica-dominant hybrid that has no less than eight distinct strains contributing to her lineage (yes, even some Mexican, for those of you reading the whole article)—a true benchmark of planned breeding.
weebl.gif

9. Bruce Banner #3

Highest lab-tested THC at a HT Cannabis Cup: 28.35 percent (Denver, 2013)
The most potent strain ever tested in the history of the HIGH TIMES Cannabis Cup, the Bruce Banner was born and bred in Colorado and hit the 28 percent mark for THC, putting her squarely in The List’s Top 10.

The OG-dominant #3 phenotype was created in a hybridization project that crossed an OG Kush mother crossed with a Strawberry Diesel male.
weebl.gif

The #3 exhibits a nose-crackling, rocket-fuel aroma that scores high in flavor profiles -- including a tall order of the much-favored terpenoid limonene. If you haven’t tried out the Bruce Banner #3 yet, put her high on your list.

8. Cannatonic

Highest lab-tested CBD at a HT Cannabis Cup: 19.1 percent (Michigan, 2011)
Yes, that’s right, Cannatonic: This lovely lady earns a spot on The List for her contributions to the world of medical cannabis.
While there are many CBD-rich strains out there, the Cannatonic has exhibited some of the highest CBD values ever recorded. In fact, one of her phenotypes, the Cannatonic X, which we came across in Michigan in 2011, went to 19 percent -- a true accomplishment for her breeders, and a real boon to patients and the medical community.
weebl.gif

7. Northern Lights #5

Highest lab-tested THC at a HT Cannabis Cup: 18.71 percent (Denver, 2013)
One of the true all-time greats, the NL #5 was winning Cannabis Cups in Amster- dam way back in 1990.
Grown and entered by the Seed Bank (one of the first such enterprises in the world for cannabis seeds), she was later released through the iconic Sensi Seeds and went on to play a role in producing generations of award-winning strains, including Super Silver Haze and Romulan.
weebl.gif

Another NorCal native, her lineage is unknown, but her taste and influence are not.

6. Afghani #1

So why we do call this keystone strain “Afghani,” as opposed to just “Afghan”? The answer reaches back into the history of this powerful indica, to a time when she was commonly called “Afghanica,” a reference to both her nation of origin and her classification as a truly pure indica variety.
Today, the name has been shortened to the familiar “Afghani.” That being said, the Afghani #1 is one of only a handful of cornerstone genotypes that can be credited with aiding in the creation of nearly every major breeding achievement of the past 30 years. The Afghani is a major contributor to strains such as Skunk #1, the original Northern Lights, Sour Diesel, Cheese, Blueberry and Mazar, just to name a few.
weebl.gif

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
5. Chem Dog

ChemDog.jpg

This slot isn’t just about the indica-heavy cannabis supermodel known as Chem Dog; it’s also a shout-out to all her sexy sister phenos (Chem ’04, Chem’s Sister and so on) that were spawned from the legendary 13 seeds found in a pound of Colorado kind bud purchased on a Grateful Dead tour back in the early ’90s.
Out of those beans came a line that launched a whole new generation -- and genetics revolution, of sorts -- of the world’s newest and best marijuana. For her part, the Chem D has mothered more Cup-winning strains than any other in the current cen- tury, including the original OG Kush (and thus all other OG phenos), Sour Diesel, Stardawg and a whole host of Chem D crosses. Enough said.
weebl.gif

4. Super Silver Haze

Highest lab-tested THC at a HT Cannabis Cup: 17.87 percent (Los Angeles, 2014)
It’s no coincidence that the Super Silver Haze is the only other back-to-back champion in Cannabis Cup history. Both she and her daughter (Super Lemon Haze, at #18) are nearly one and the same when it comes to killer Haze strains, with the only real difference being the infusion of Lemon Skunk.
Bred from superb Haze backcrosses, the SSH has all the true- breeding landrace sativas in her DNA, as well as a quarter NL #5 and a quarter Skunk #1. Make no mistake about it: The SSH was up for the #1 slot and might have gotten there if it wasn’t for the fact that the next three entries to come are...
weebl.gif

3. Sour Diesel

Highest lab-tested THC at a HT Cannabis Cup: 19.50 percent (San Francisco, 2012)
I won’t lie: If we were selfish people here at HIGH TIMES, the Sour Diesel would -- for sure -- be numero uno on The List. How- ever, as we explained in the opening to this article, there was more to the process of compiling these rankings than just personal (or personnel) preference. That being said, if there’s a tastier bud on the planet, we haven’t smoked it. When grown right, from the true East Coast cut (think AJ -- and true connoisseurs know what we mean here), there is simply no better flavor in cannabis. Period.
The Sour Diesel reigns supreme on the east side of the United States and will be on The List for eternity.
JHGkc6Q.png

weebl.gif

2. Original Haze, a.k.a. Nevil’s Haze

Known to most simply as Haze, this lady also goes by the name Nevil’s Haze or A5 and was created by the Haze Brothers of Northern California. In the early ’80s, she was brought to Amsterdam by Dave Watson, a.k.a. Sam the Skunkman, where she was backcrossed and stabilized by Nevil, another of the legendary godfathers of breeding.
A crossbreeding project of Mexican x Colombian x Thai x Indian (all landrace sativas), the Haze was a seminal import at the onset of the genetics trade that formed in Amsterdam during that time.
weebl.gif

1. OG Kush

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I can't find backwoods anywhere in this weak ass city

Every hood spot is either out of stock or they don't carry them :francis:
I can't find dutchmasters in Seattle :francis:

Tried a White Owl for the first time and damn that shyt was too moist.

Or maybe i'm used to cracking dry dutches :jbhmm:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
anyone seen the so-called top 25 strains list circulating the net?
OG Kush first :mjlol:

BTW what is so damn hard to understand where GSC come from?

Berner and that dude Powers said it's F1 Durban crossed with some cut of OG Kush.....in a high times interview with the growers they alluded to the cut being from Florida.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
OG Kush first :mjlol:

BTW what is so damn hard to understand where GSC come from?

Berner and that dude Powers said it's F1 Durban crossed with some cut of OG Kush.....in a high times interview with the growers they alluded to the cut being from Florida.

I've smoked pretty much everything on that list....and I still haven't gotten higher than the pure og Kush i have smoked....the taste is just....:banderas:....

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
you north or south?...
North ..Lynnwood to be exact.

But willing to travel South as I gotta go barbershop hunting :lupe:

Since you in here...any good black barbershops? I'm hearing Earl's ..is that it?:lupe:

I've smoked pretty much everything on that list....and I still haven't gotten higher than the pure og Kush i have smoked....the taste is just....:banderas:....

:leon:

I figured they picked it because it's so hyped...

But then again..this dude B-Real has access to top quality weed,and still swears by OG KUSH. ...so it must be piff.:jbhmm: I haven't smoked it as I don't trust these legal shops out here to carry some good grown OG.

Last edited:

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
North ..Lynnwood to be exact.

But willing to travel South as I gotta go barbershop hunting :lupe:

Since you in here...any good black barbershops? I'm hearing Earl's ..is that it?

:leon:

I figured they picked it because it's so hyped...

But then again..this dude B-Real has access to top quality weed,and still swears by OG KUSH. ...so it must be piff.:jbhmm: I haven't smoked it as I don't trust these legal shops out here to carry some good grown OG.
there is a cigar shop on aurora called pipes & cigars...13510 aurora ave n....they carry dutch masters....you can even call them if you want....365-0870....yeah Earl's is the spot...EDIT: oh I forgot about clean cut barber shop in pioneer square on 221 james st...

real OG kush from California is just the best.....here in the shops the taste is there but the high does not hit you like it would from something out of Cali....I grow and do my own thing and my shyt is fire.....Ocean Greens on Aurora is actually pretty good....the Fire OG taste great I just wish the high was better.....here is a link to their menu...
MENU

Last edited:

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
agreed. i was getting the real og back in high school from a close friends connect. its all he sold, was working under a big time grower at the time. prices were steep but hands down the best, stickiest shyt ive ever smoked, to this day. nothing could contain the smell. not even rubber lipped metal lid mason jars.

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
old pic of some sour og i had. still some of the best looking bud ive ever seen
VJVRRRb.jpg

8Skht5O.jpg

girl scout cookies i just got from the dispensary
S9e5t87.png

pHKZQs6.jpg

9qI232Q.jpg

the lime green buds are Super Jack. supposedly tested at 25.6% thc. purple is girl scout cookies

pl4IWCT.jpg

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
That OG is fa real. Back in my hayday, had that coming in, you'd poke a whole in the pound bag and whole rooms instantly smell like a crazy bud vapor, shyt was oozing, and you'd smoke it and be stuck or sleep (sleep mainly). Almost impossible to contain. As soon as you open a jar, even if it was only a dub shyt was like BOOM! Movedat for 6k a pop too. Mmm. I wish I could get my hands on some these days.

Cant even describe the smell, but I know it when it hits me.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
agreed. i was getting the real og back in high school from a close friends connect. its all he sold, was working under a big time grower at the time. prices were steep but hands down the best, stickiest shyt ive ever smoked, to this day. nothing could contain the smell. not even rubber lipped metal lid mason jars.
real shyt!!!....I grow mine very similar....still have another few weeks to go but will be just on time for harvesting.....
old pic of some sour og i had. still some of the best looking bud ive ever seen
VJVRRRb.jpg

8Skht5O.jpg

girl scout cookies i just got from the dispensary
S9e5t87.png

pHKZQs6.jpg

9qI232Q.jpg

the lime green buds are Super Jack. supposedly tested at 25.6% thc. purple is girl scout cookies

pl4IWCT.jpg

beautiful!!!....:mjcry:.....repped....

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
there is a cigar shop on aurora called pipes & cigars...13510 aurora ave n....they carry dutch masters....you can even call them if you want....365-0870....yeah Earl's is the spot...EDIT: oh I forgot about clean cut barber shop in pioneer square on 221 james st...

real OG kush from California is just the best.....here in the shops the taste is there but the high does not hit you like it would from something out of Cali....I grow and do my own thing and my shyt is fire.....Ocean Greens on Aurora is actually pretty good....the Fire OG taste great I just wish the high was better.....here is a link to their menu...
MENU
:myman:

Yea I hit up Oceans Greens..prices not bad...I usually end up getting some cheap eighth when i'm there...but I'm getting a nice little check so imma treat myself to some piff :steviej: