Official Watchmen Thread

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Ok....barring that gay shyt....this series is piff...that last episode:wow:

When u realize the last two episodes Angela was experiencing time similar to dr Manhattan when she took the nostalgia :ohhh:
And she was experiencing the past and present simultaneously as two different people.
:wow:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
@Adam3000 @Ironman @Eric Brooks @Rollie Forbes @surf @CHICAGO @BXKingPin82 @Rekkapryde @Mr Hate Coffee @Dr. Narcisse @obarth @MartyMcFly @FlyRy

did yall discuss the fact that Lindelof was inspired by Ta-neshi Coates' The Case for Reparations article? When I heard him talk about how he had never heard of the Tulsa Riots before reading it and how it lead him to think a super hero could emerge from it, it all made sense.
That's a dope concept. Normally I would oppose using a real-life massacre like the Tulsa Riots (or the Holocaust in Magneto's case) as part of a superhero origin story; but as we have seen this season, it can work if done respectfully.

I'd love to see a Black comic writer use this series to give us a Hooded Justice/Sister Night limited series or graphic novel. Somebody like Dwayne McDuffie (R.I.P.) or Walter Mosley could've created something special with the template that this show has laid out.*

*I like Ta-neshi Coates, but I wouldn't want him to write a Hooded Justice or Sister night series because of the way he fumbled his Black Panther run.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I think Dr Manhattan as we know him will be destroyed.

I think Dr Manhattan’s power is going to power whatever it is the millennium clock is counting down to and Lady Trieu basically tricks the 7k into capturing Manhattan for her.

Cal probably becomes his own being with limited abilities

Hopefully there is no second season and it ends cool!!
These are actually really good predictions, I think :ehh:

Im still deciding whether or not to bush this show. Big propaganda involved but so good with some truth to it.
There's only one episode left. Even if the show were just mediocre, if you've made it this far how could you stop before everything got wrapped up? :what:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait so this nygga was in love with Angela while fukkin Laurie?? :gucci:

Or does the little emotion he have block instances of that?

Well.... yeah. Which maybe why Angela smirked when she saw the video of Laurie in the booth. She had to know that Dr. Manhattan has her on his mind while fukking Laurie knowing who he rather gonna get with in 4 years after 1985.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Manhattan: How long will you need to make such a device?

Veidt: Oh my dear, sweet Jon... I made it 30yrs ago.

tenor.gif

shyt gave me a chill. How can you not respect Adrian's drive :wow:
Of all the things Manhattan can do, he comes to Adrian for the things he can't. :wow:
I was waiting all season for Jon and Adrian reunion and it was even more intimate than I thought it would be. Jeremy Irons killed that scene. Veidt is the most difficult role to play in this show and he murdering it.
Much better job of playing Veidt than dude from the movie. The original actor played that shyt completely devoid of the charm and charisma that Irons is bringing to the role. The young Veidt was so obviously "villainous" that when he finally revealed his true nature it came as no surprise at all in the movie. He was by far the worst character misrepresentation then, but Irons had righted that wrong.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Could be a plot hole...unless those particular memories weren't harvested and added to the pill bottle....which would lead to the question of 'why weren't they?'

I believe the way nostalgia works is that it's only certain memories and only the ones you want to relive. She questioned why people like to relive the bad memories more than the good ones. They dwell on it.

Angela would not be able to see a random conversation, she can only relive the memories that are in the bottle of pills.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Well.... yeah. Which maybe why Angela smirked when she saw the video of Laurie in the booth. She had to know that Dr. Manhattan has her on his mind while fukking Laurie knowing who he rather gonna get with in 4 years after 1985.

HE GOT WITH ANGELA IN 2009.

:devil:
:evil:

Legalese

Banned
Daps
These are actually really good predictions, I think :ehh:

There's only one episode left. Even if the show were just mediocre, if you've made it this far how could you stop before everything got wrapped up? :what:
Initially i thought they were about to pidgeon hole in a whole saga of gay shyt.
But they never revisited it after.
:manny:

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Where did Angela get that Range Rover from that she was driving when she left Lady Truie facilities?