Official Watchmen Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
My complaint has nothing to do with character development. And I get there are not two episodes left, but my issue is that they're cramming everything either. My issue is the plot reveals just feels corny has fucck. Also the Dr. Manhattan reveal was very left field that I HOPE they make sense in the next episode. For starters, the graphic novel, as well as the theatrical version made it CLEAR that Dr. Manhattan evolved to be devoid of humanity, especially void of the concept of love. Also, he's evolved to become an omnipresent deity. So, this reveal and the idea of him being captured or even be killed is silly. It's hard for me to wrap my head around it.

But, like I said, I HOPE they make it all sense next episode. My only presumption is that this is ANOTHER parallel universe that Dr. Manhattan discovered or this universe was of his creation like he told Ozymandias.

But it had no real plot, until tonight's episode. It was just a bunch of possible interconnected events, around this crop of characters. Everyone is in one location, but...

That's fine too, if that was the kind of show they wanted to portray, but it did seem that they wanted to tell an overarching story. For it to get here, yes, it is a helluva jump, but it at leas gives some sort of thread to tie it together...albeit loosely. They have a lot to do in the last 2 episodes, but I am glad that this episode formed that plot.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
But it had no real plot, until tonight's episode. It was just a bunch of possible interconnected events, around this crop of characters. Everyone is in one location, but...

That's fine too, if that was the kind of show they wanted to portray, but it did seem that they wanted to tell an overarching story. For it to get here, yes, it is a helluva jump, but it at leas gives some sort of thread to tie it together...albeit loosely. They have a lot to do in the last 2 episodes, but I am glad that this episode formed that plot.

Considering they don’t have to wasted an hour on an Endgame level spectacle fight scene they should have enough time to wrap it up.

How good it is...

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hilarious if it's Black Manta

told you he was too big an actor to be a house husband...
Yeah, I was saying early on, an actor on the rise isn't taking a small role as the stay at home dad that gets a couple of lines an episode. He was always going to have a much bigger role in the show.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I wish I could binge the series so far just to look for clues about Cal being Dr. Manhattan. There were easter eggs cluing us in to Will being Hooded Justice so I figure there must've been the same for Cal

I don't think he made any major departures at all. He took liberties with the source material yes, but he didn't change anything that significantly contradicts what was previously true.

Hooded Justice's identity was unknown to EVERYONE, and even when he was discussed by his fellow minutemen, they could only go by the same characteristics the public knew. Conceivably, a black man could have painted his face white under the mask to fool everyone into believing that he was white.

The same goes for Dr. Manhattan. His entire relationship with Angela couldn't have started earlier than 1996, but even that seems too early. Her near death during the White Night occurred in 2016, so I would have to believe that their relationship began no more than 5 years earlier than that. Either way, we're looking at Dr. Manhattan returning to earth anywhere from 10-25 years after the climax of the Watchmen comicbook. I'm inching towards them meeting around 2012 when Veidt first disappears. Either way, anything that was added to Dr. Manhattan's story comes well after the source material. I haven't seen any changes yet

Edit: According to the Peteypedia, Dr. Manhattan became Calvin Jelani (now Abar) 12/19/2009. That's 23 years after the source material. I don't see how that changes anything from the book

maybe I spoke wrong. I don’t mean literal changes but things that are drastic expansions on OG characters.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah, I was saying early on, an actor on the rise isn't taking a small role as the stay at home dad that gets a couple of lines an episode. He was always going to have a much bigger role in the show.

WELL THATS EXACTLY WHAT HIS ROLE WAS.

HES NOT JON OSTERMAN.
HE WAS JUST A ZOMBIE SHELL.

I STRONGLY DOUBT HE WILL BE THE ACTOR
PLAYING MANHATTAN.
:devil:
:evil: