Official Watchmen Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, it explains why she chuckled when she watched Laurie talking on one of those Dr. Manhattan phones.

But overall, these was my least favorite episode. After being so meticulous throughout the season in its world-building and reveals that are very nuanced and not felt forced, this episode just tossed all of that and went for that cliche comic-book plot reveal with the 7th Cavalry and Lady Trieu. And the whole Dr. Manhattan reveal is TOO left field. That felt like a huge jumping the shark too me.

The last episode was definitely the best, I hope the next episode makes up big time for this.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
So we not gonna talk about the elephant in the room?! :wtf:

That part of the episode had me the most :mindblown:, but like mentioned above it was probably serving as some conduit with Angela's recovery and the memory capacity that elephants possess.

So many :skip: and :dwillhuh: moments this episode.

Looking Glass is still alive and took out those 7K members

Judd's wife was in on the jig and had a trap door in her living room :mjgrin:

7K's grand scheme is to kidnap Dr. Manhattan so the Senator guy can become him somehow, maybe why they had all those watch batteries :patrice:

Veidt been on trial for trying to escape for a year :bryan:

Lady Trudei cloned her mother, so she could be present when she saved humanity :obama:

And Dr. Manhattan hasn't been hiding out on Mars, but inside the body of a black man :leon:

Can't wait to see what's in store for these final episodes :banderas:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Well, it explains why she chuckled when she watched Laurie talking on one of those Dr. Manhattan phones.

But overall, these was my least favorite episode. After being so meticulous throughout the season in its world-building and reveals that are very nuanced and not felt forced, this episode just tossed all of that and went for that cliche comic-book plot reveal with the 7th Cavalry and Lady Trieu. And the whole Dr. Manhattan reveal is TOO left field. That felt like a huge jumping the shark too me.

The last episode was definitely the best, I hope the next episode makes up big time for this.
There's only 2 episodes left. Some of it had to be heavy handed but 7 episodes of an 8 or 9 episode season was character development and world building breh. The plot didn't move until Looking Glass's episode. Strictly character development last episode and now more of both in this episode.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Just finished. :wow: I read a theory week 2 that Cal was Dr. Manhattan and almost posted it on here but it seemed too wild.

is Veidt Lady Trieu’s dad? She mentioned that her pop “would be here soon.”

Lindelof is gonna have to stick this landing in two episodes. He made two major departures from the graphic novel (HJ being black and Dr. M being a human married to Angela) he’s gonna have to make the end justify those major changes. Before then he was skating on somewhat of an expanded universe with no changes to the OG characters
The comedian is Lady Trieu’s dad