Official Tupac Biopic "All Eyez On Me" Thread

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
It's not the voice as much as the charm, passion and conviction is missing. Suge always as a quiet menace about him where even when laughing you can feel it can get ugly at any second.

It's like they had Shipp watch Pac but not actually listen, study and empathize with him. It's like he's reading lines and he's not able to do on the fly impersonations similar to how Jamie Foxx can do Ray at the drop of a hat.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not the voice as much as the charm, passion and conviction is missing. Suge always as a quiet menace about him where even when laughing you can feel it can get ugly at any second.

It's like they had Shipp watch Pac but not actually listen, study and empathize with him. It's like he's reading lines and he's not able to do on the fly impersonations similar to how Jamie Foxx can do Ray at the drop of a hat.
Exactly, this role needed a seasoned actor not a novice.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first artist on Deathrow East wouldve been..starts around 6:50 power move if it had went down.

Last edited:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Its very amateurish and it comes down to the director not doing his job. He looks ridiculous and lacks passion spitting those lyrics. He's lacking the swagger to pull this role off. He's mimicking Tupac instead of making the character his own. My issue is it looks so generic, like they played it safe. We all know the story. The best directors can take something old and do something new with it.
The major problem surrounding this film is the fact that people are looking to find an actor that looks exactly like Pac and completely ignore other important aspects that make a great character. Shipp isn't entirely bad and I honestly think the directors are making more emphasis on the visual similarities he has with Pac than his actual acting skills. Shipp has zero swag and can barely throw up the west side. The directors could have worked on that but it looks like they said "fukk it he looks like Pac and that's good enough ".

The biggest plus for this film is the accuracy and they're trying their best to nail the important events from his mc New York days to his dr days

I'm watching this day one but I have a gut feeling that this is a straight to DVD film.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Saw a trailer in the theater today, it looks laughably bad. This isn't a good movie, it won't be one next week, now, or next year. There was nothing to like about that trailer, esp. seeing all the flaws up close on the big screen in surround sound. It's laugh out loud funny-bad. But, it's a hollow laugh, because this is one of my personal favorites, and that an artist, a person, with so much depth, so much passion, so much compassion, is reduced to a Made for TV, by the number, bullshyt movie, it's just a disgrace,

Regarding Pac and Suge, there is NOTHING there, maybe dude resembles Pac a little, but that where it stops.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
cosign

I saw a trailer and Shipp made me miss Anthony Mackie

Mackie had Pac swag he just didnt have the voice.

Mackie was terrible. Didn't look,sound,act etc like pac. He basically just being the same Mackie he is in everything. If you told me that was falcon I'd believe it.

Thugnificent

Rookie
Daps
Mackie was the best Pac out of all the players

who else?

Hakeem from Moesha :stopitslime:

Exactly mackie acts just like pac talks in the black watch interview its just that he doesnt have the same voice but looking at the footage of the movie thats already released he was a way better pac. I mean godamm the 2pac last 48 hours special has a actor thats a better pac than demetrius and he doesnt even talk in the special. Hé just lacks the passion
Charisma, swag. FuKing lt hutten prolly got a big budget to cast a pac actor and prolly gives a smalls percentage of that to demetrius and holds the rest for himself. And demetrius should be ashamed of hisself.

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Glad it's coming out this upcoming week so I can see who's really telling the truth about how the movie came off