Official Trump Insurrection Rally 1/6/21 Fukkery, NY Probe, DOJ Probe & Georgia Probe Thread!

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I searched up Stacey Plaskett and saw that she was a registered Republican until 2008. I wonder why she switched and why was she a Republican for so long :patrice:

When I was reading up on the territories I noticed that the Republican Party is anywhere from decent to strong in those places.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
When I was reading up on the territories I noticed that the Republican Party is anywhere from decent to strong in those places.
Not in the Virgin Islands though. The Democratic Party has always been the dominant party.

Republicans are dominant in the Northern Mariana Islands. PR and Guam are Dem-leaning but Republicans are competitive. American Samoa is pro-Democratic Party (their current delegate is a Republican but their previous longtime delegate was a Democrat). Also, their current Gov./Lt. Gov are Dems.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Not in the Virgin Islands though. The Democratic Party has always been the dominant party.

Republicans are dominant in the Northern Mariana Islands. PR and Guam are Dem-leaning but Republicans are competitive. American Samoa is pro-Democratic Party (their current delegate is a Republican but their previous longtime delegate was a Democrat). Also, their current Gov./Lt. Gov are Dems.

Interesting, maybe the right was more competitive when she was with em. :ehh:

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Well now I’m just confused :wtf:

....unless....:mjpls:......

I found this article from 2013: Stacey Plaskett Running for Delegate | St. Croix Source
"Another issue in the campaign was Plaskett’s switch from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party in late 2008. Plaskett said at the time she had seen the party as an "old boys club" when younger but now viewed the party as a place where new ideas could be heard."

She saw the Democratic Party as an "old boys club" but not the Republican Party? That's strange, both parties were "old boys club" back in day but especially the GOP (and they still are). Also, Democrats have always had more female politicians - especially Black ones.

I guess that Obama's victory in '08 caused her to see that GOP wasn't sh!t :obama: :manny:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Lol, maybe y’all right on Alabama. :pachaha:

Mississippi might be a better idea since it’s hella Black. Might be worth the investment. Dems need to try to create a blue wedge between the reddest states in the Deep South. How feasible that is is another question.
maybe we get lucky and the dems opponents are all pedophiles. shyt even then it would be touch and go. actually, the republicans might still win if they turn whether or not you're into that shyt into a political issue. cletus: "godless damn liberals and their cancel culture just cause you like 'em young, fukk em i'm voting for the pied piper."

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I found this article from 2013: Stacey Plaskett Running for Delegate | St. Croix Source

She saw the Democratic Party as an "old boys club" but not the Republican Party? That's strange, both parties were "old boys club" back in day but especially the GOP (and they still are). Also, Democrats have always had more female politicians - especially Black ones.

I guess that Obama's victory in '08 caused her to see that GOP wasn't sh!t :obama: :manny:

Yeah, that shyt don’t add up. :ld:

My only guess is that she probably got with some Black conservatives during her formative years and became one and then shifted Dem after seeing someone Black win the presidency. I’d even have to question just how far right she actually was.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal

i don't think she was referring to the national parties, probably the local parties. with the dems dominating the island maybe it's easier to take the contrarian position and say you're a republican to be different.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
maybe we get lucky and the dems opponents are all pedophiles. shyt even then it would be touch and go. actually, the republicans might still win if they turn whether or not you're into that shyt into a political issue. cletus: "godless damn liberals and their cancel culture just cause you like 'em young, fukk em i'm voting for the pied piper."
Or maybe a trojan horse. We get some wealthy business cac to pretend to be "bonafide conservative Republican who loves 'MURICA & FREEDOM!!!".

Then, once they're in office - they do the 180 degree heel turn and vote as liberal Democrat :russ:

i don't think she was referring to the national parties, probably the local parties. with the dems dominating the island maybe it's easier to take the contrarian position and say you're a republican to be different.
She registered as a Republican in the '80s though when Reagan was president and she was still living in NYC.

I think that it's probably the influence of her parents. She was probably raised by black conservative parents. IDK :yeshrug: