DM[V]
cyclone Emoji - Download for free – Iconduck
Forbidden Dreamcast

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I’m intrigued. Wonky CGI and some unnecessary needle-drops aside, this was a solid premiere. Found myself missing vibe it had under Pizzolatto but I’ll let Issa cook here.

Yea I think it's best if folks just forget S1 going into this and I actually think it's smart for the new showrunner to not just try and emulate it cause that will fail. However can't say that I'm onboard with this going full on supernatural (the early uses of CGI leads me to believe that there is a creature behind this).

Hard to not compare tho when they're already referencing S1 with the spiral.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I noticed the spiral when Jodie Foster had all the pictures laid out too... shyt took on the shape of a spiral. They droppin tons of 'Yellow King' hints
they did a bunch of references to season 1 in season 3 and then it was all misdirection too, will probably be the same here

overall it was a decent episode if it gets too much into the supernatural shyt will piss me off tho

not that i even have a problem with supernatural shyt, i like the native american AMC show that has a lot of super natural stuff, but I always liked that season 1 may have teased some shyt, but kept it grounded in reality in the end.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yea I think it's best if folks just forget S1 going into this and I actually think it's smart for the new showrunner to not just try and emulate it cause that will fail. However can't say that I'm onboard with this going full on supernatural (the early uses of CGI leads me to believe that there is a creature behind this).

Hard to not compare tho when they're already referencing S1 with the spiral.
Yeah, I felt like one of the few who wasn’t so hyped when they brought that up during marketing. Like…just leave that behind, lol. Do your own thing.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And now you're emotional about it. :pachaha:
nah i shouldn't have called you a bytch, i just don't like being labeled i just hate women

the super cop character has been a trope on a lot of shows lately and it annoys me usually since most cops barely competent if you ever pay attention to true crime. most cops are bumbling fukks and the reason why crimes go unsolved or they convict the wrong people when they don't have a damn video or witness. they usually happen to make these characters women in the media i've watched in recent years too, so that's why i threw out mary sue, but maybe i should dial it back, don't wanna sound like the quartering.

anyway i probably jumped the gun with it, i enjoyed her performance as the episode went on. :yeshrug:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
i havent watched any of the seasons yet. whats up with season 1 being GOAT and 2-3 being meh?
2 had good casting but went nowhere.

3 had toxic black male behavior, so it was hated on because it had a black lead and he was toxic.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Basically taking a Fargo hint of supernatural element. Interesting direction, but supernatural fakeout are my least favorite trope.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
anyway i probably jumped the gun with it, i enjoyed her performance as the episode went on. :yeshrug:

She's definitely a competent detective but she had some noticeable flaws to me.... as did Rust honestly, he could never get out of his own way either.

A Mary Sue trope to me is more like Rey Skywalker where she was doing shyt that's never been done and more powerful than everyone right out the gate and always right and always finding the best in people and doing it all with very little training etc.

Those movies sucked.