Apparently...

Michael B Jordan cant act!

WkSIxiC.png

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I respect that MBJ seems to be doing his own stunts. When he has to do physical acting like when he’s crawling to Pam after getting shot, he excels. When he has to conversationally deliver lines and make you believe that this is actually happening somewhere, he struggles at times. Sometimes, he struggles mightily.

Movie was super meh overall. Took me several days to finish is. Action is a tough genre because the protagonist can’t be too indestructible/invincible but needs to be clearly someone that’s unfukkwithable. I don’t think this film met that standard. Kelly didn’t seem like this uber bad ass, but some of that is the deficiency of the film and MBJ as an actor.

Also, JDW is not going to be an action star. That dude is a midget, and he’s already old to be just starting in that genre.

King Poetic

The D.O.G. (Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Pacific
This dude in the Russian hotel injured and still able to take out 20 Russians on some Steven Seagal marked for death in Jamaica shyt

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
You dudes think this was terrible, huh? It was entertaining to me.
But this nikka and his girl really had no family? My mans never received so much as a phone call after his lady was killed from anybody other than the military
Man I thought the older black preacher was his father...audio was terrible and Amazon has no default subtitles....didn’t know what he saying in the kitchen other then “I remember when I had my first child”

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I respect that MBJ seems to be doing his own stunts. When he has to do physical acting like when he’s crawling to Pam after getting shot, he excels. When he has to conversationally deliver lines and make you believe that this is actually happening somewhere, he struggles at times. Sometimes, he struggles mightily.

Movie was super meh overall. Took me several days to finish is. Action is a tough genre because the protagonist can’t be too indestructible/invincible but needs to be clearly someone that’s unfukkwithable. I don’t think this film met that standard. Kelly didn’t seem like this uber bad ass, but some of that is the deficiency of the film and MBJ as an actor.

Also, JDW is not going to be an action star. That dude is a midget, and he’s already old to be just starting in that genre.
He doesnt have the vocal range for emotionally intense scenes so it comes off forced.

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Micahel B. Jordan needs to try something on the stage. He needs some seasoning, because he is aggressively mediocre as an actor.

For those that say that JDW can't be an action star due to his height, say that shyt to Tom Cruise and that cac is 5'7.

Love to support black actors, but this movie was aggressively mid.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Micahel B. Jordan needs to try something on the stage. He needs some seasoning, because he is aggressively mediocre as an actor.

For those that say that JDW can't be an action star due to his height, say that shyt to Tom Cruise and that cac is 5'7.

Love to support black actors, but this movie was aggressively mid.
He don't really need to do anything. He's a better actor than Keanu and that dude has a great career. All MBJ need to do is get big roles in popular movies. If he's done with Marvel he need to get in on the next big DC project, like that black superman movie.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
He don't really need to do anything. He's a better actor than Keanu and that dude has a great career. All MBJ need to do is get big roles in popular movies. If he's done with Marvel he need to get in on the next big DC project, like that black superman movie.
But the difference between Keanu and MBJ is that the former is often cold and stoic in character and he often gets casted as such. Mjb doesn’t have that demeanor or a demeanor that makes him convincing as the character he plays