Official Tokyo 2021 Olympics thread

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't give Torrez much of a chance here, hopefully he doesn't get sent to hell again by Jalolov

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I went through the table and only counted Male events or events where men and women had to compete on the same level (like equestrian)

Updated standings:

Britain: 14 Gold
America: 16 Gold
China: 16 Gold
Russia 10 Gold

Edit: included mixed events like doubles and relays

There is a lot more parity in men's events

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I went through the table and only counted Male events or events where men and women had to compete on the same level (like equestrian)

Updated standings:

America: 13 Gold
China: 13 Gold
Russia 10 Gold

Title IX

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Updated standings:

America: 13 Gold
China: 13 Gold
Russia 10 Gold

Most other nations do not invest in women’s sports. The US leads in that, thanks to title Ix.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Considering the US population size, yes it does.

Just like it did with the Soviets when they used to win this every year. Does this mean the former Soviet Union had the best athletes in the world? Or the East Germans?
China has a much bigger population and also invests heavily in their athletes. Yet, they still come second to us.

Also, the Soviet Union/East Germans had state sponsored doping programs. That doesn't count.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
China has a much bigger population and also invests heavily in their athletes.
You don’t need to change around my words. The US spends more than China on its athletes. That is total and per capita. We also sent nearly 200 more athletes. You can say the US gov doesn’t give to its athletes, but the counter is college which most countries do not have. That’s why Caribbean nations have gotten so good at track and field.

Also, the Soviet Union/East Germans had state sponsored doping programs. That doesn't count.
The US has private sponsored doping programs. It counts.