Official Tokyo 2021 Olympics thread

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
It all goes back to incredible bullshyt with the whole Caster Semenya controversy. They passed a rule specifically designed to eliminate her alone, so the rule ONLY applies to the events she ran (400, 800, and 1500). It's some of the most blatant bs I've seen.

Think about it this way - the New Zealand weightlifter who was born a man only has to keep testosterone levels below 10 nmol/L to qualify, but Caster and anyone else running 400-1500 has to keep their levels below 5 nmol/L. That's how determined they were to keep her out. Anyone else running any other event only has to adhere to the 10 nmol/L rule.

Well the Olympic committee had to draw the line somewhere, and the easy solution was the testosterone test. It's not about hating Semenya. Scientific examinations have shown that Caster was born with male parts, it's a true intersex person. These are facts, not feelings. Mboma, Masilingi and Aminatou Seyni have probably the same condition (look at their pecs or their jaws). But doing physical examinations is always controversial, particularly when it comes to gender. You can be sure the press and some activist groups that do not understand medicine will go after you for doing it (see the recent CNN article about the committee going after African women...)

I personally feel bad for these athletes and think the fair decision should have been to ban them from all events, just to be consistent for now. It's way too unfair for women to run with intersex athlete. Or play with intersex players (I'm thinking about this American player Griner and some suspicious Chinese). And obviously the New Zealand guy is a damn shame for the Committee, but this is purely politics.
Going forward the Olympics need to improve its gender definition or eventually create a third category for intersex athletes.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Been at work the whole day. What I miss breh? @TradePascalSiakam :mjcry:

Shelly Anne, Elaine won their heats for the 200m they are the two favs. The two women with high testosterone also made the 200m finals and I have a feeling they are holding back and could post an average man time :hubie:. Gabby Thomas looks like another hyped american:hubie:

America soccer lost to Canada :mjgrin:

Sifan Hassan chased down everyone for her first olympic gold medal in the 5000

Looks like the 400m hurdles is just up to dahlia and sydney both ladies put on a show in the pouring rain

Mens 400m Kirani James is back ran under 44 seconds. Wayde van niekerk is washed and done. Looks like the favs are Kirani James, Steven Gardiner - Michael Norman looks off:hubie:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
tonight

Medals

upload_2021-8-2_17-22-4.png

Track events
upload_2021-8-2_17-22-46.png

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Shelly Anne, Elaine won their heats for the 200m they are the two favs. The two women with high testosterone also made the 200m finals and I have a feeling they are holding back and could post an average man time :hubie:. Gabby Thomas looks like another hyped american:hubie:

America soccer lost to Canada :mjgrin:

Sifan Hassan chased down everyone for her first olympic gold medal in the 5000

Looks like the 400m hurdles is just up to dahlia and sydney both ladies put on a show in the pouring rain

Mens 400m Kirani James is back ran under 44 seconds. Wayde van niekerk is washed and done. Looks like the favs are Kirani James, Steven Gardiner - Michael Norman looks off:hubie:

at least Wayde got a world record before getting hurt :mjcry:

Heard the treh frauded it in weightlifting :picard:

failed as a man and already failing as a woman :hhh:

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
those track booties feel like christmas after suffering through one week of Ledecky types :blessed:

I tell you what.

Shout out to the Tokyo Olympic Camera committee though. Like for real. Theyve been in FULL creep mode from the very beginning.... They aint miss a single cheek. Mad blatant with it too.

Theres not a single piece of eye candy in any event that has not been thoroughly showcased and then some. Some of those random zoom-ins had even me:lupe: concerned about these dudes' job security. I lowkey think they have a team of thirsty lesbians operating these cameras.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
London is the only one
when bolt ran 9.69 in Beijing the second fastest time was 9.89

breh upset that a once in a lifetime occurrence at the london olympics never happened again

the boring 100m race yesterday had a guy run 9.80 (the fastest any gold medal winner not name bolt has won), silver went to a guy who ran 9.84 (the second fastest time ever for a silver medal)

yet y'all aren't impressed :dahell:

They was just spoiled by Bolt, Blake and the big muthafucca Gatlin running obscene times...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Well the Olympic committee had to draw the line somewhere, and the easy solution was the testosterone test. It's not about hating Semenya.
But there IS a line drawn somewhere. 10 nmol/L. I don't get what y'all don't understand about that.

The issue is that Castor could pass that line, so they moved it to 5 nmol/L just for her events. That's the obvious bullshyt I'm talking about.

I personally feel bad for these athletes and think the fair decision should have been to ban them from all events, just to be consistent for now. It's way too unfair for women to run with intersex athlete. Or play with intersex players (I'm thinking about this American player Griner and some suspicious Chinese). And obviously the New Zealand guy is a damn shame for the Committee, but this is purely politics.
Is it unfair for men whose testosterone is at 10 nmol/L to have to compete with men at 40 nmol/L? Is it unfair for 5'6" men to have to compete against 7' tall men? Is it unfair for swimmers with stubby feet to have to compete against swimmers with elongated arms and feet, for for gymnasts with big heavy body types to have to compete against small compact gymnasts? Is it unfair that Kenyans/Ethiopians have lighter shin bones for a distance advantage while west Africans have more fast twitch muscle fibers for a sprinting advantage? Is it unfair that many endurance athletes have higher red blood cell counts than other people, or better natural lung capacity?

There are advantages all over the place. Just being intersex doesn't make you world-class - Duttee Chand is India's greatest intersex sprinter yet she couldn't even qualify for the 2021 Olympics, and I don't recall any intersex American sprinters ever defeating the elite women. Yes, it's an advantage, but no larger than many other advantages out there.

Make the line at 10 nmol/L, which is approximately the minimum range for a man to be considered "normal" and not testosterone deficient. Men's events are above that line and women's events are below. That way there's a clear line and everyone can compete. You have to stay in your natural category - if you are naturally producing 10+ nmol/L then you compete at 10+ nmol/L, you can't build a high-testosterone body then just suppress for a year to sneak under the line.

Would that be so bad?