Official Tokyo 2021 Olympics thread

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
US needs to put some real money behind track, too many boys being siphoned into football and basketball too early and girls...well black chicks ain’t doing sports like they used to, too busy worried about being instafamous :francis:

gotta have financial reward for it as well, can’t compete when the financial incentive of being a track star is so much greater in one country than here

One of the big issues is that there’s not enough spots to do track at the university level and there’s hella foreign competition as well. It’s just easier to get on as a football/basketball player.

It just seems like Americans are just weird when it comes to track, folks are rabid when it comes to the Olympics but meh on it otherwise :heh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Marion Jones, Lance Armstrong, Justin Gatlin, Florence Griffin Joyner, etc etc America is a dirty country.

I'm not sure if y'all or ignorant or just trolling. You named 4 people going back 35 years, of course you could name more (as you can for every country that's been prominent) but that has NO relation to what Russians are doing.

Systematic doping in Russian sports has resulted in 43 Olympic and tens of world championships medals being stripped from Russian competitors—the most of any country, more than four times the number of the runner-up, and more than 30% of the global total. Russia has the most competitors that have been caught doping at the Olympic Games in the world, with more than 200.[1]

Russian doping is distinct from doping in other countries because in Russia steroids and other drugs were supplied to sportspeople by the state. Due to widespread doping violations, including an attempt to sabotage ongoing investigations by the manipulation of computer data, in 2019 the World Anti-Doping Agency banned Russia from all major sporting events for four years.[2]

Doping in Russia - Wikipedia

From 2011 to 2015 alone they used the switching-out of urine samples to conceal 643 positive drug tests.

According to the McLaren report, the DPM operated from "at least late 2011 to August 2015".[53] It was used on 643 positive samples, a number that the authors consider "only a minimum" due to limited access to Russian records.[53] The system covered up positive results in a wide range of sports:[53]

• Athletics (139)
  • Weightlifting (117)
  • Non-Olympic sports (37)
  • Paralympic sport (35)
  • Wrestling (28)
  • Canoe (27)
  • Cycling (26)
  • Skating (24)
  • Swimming (18)
  • Ice hockey (14)
  • Skiing (13)
  • Football (11)
  • Rowing (11)
  • Biathlon (10)
  • Bobsleigh (8)
  • Judo (8)
  • Volleyball (8)
  • Boxing (7)
  • Handball (7)
  • Taekwondo (6)
  • Fencing (4)
  • Triathlon (4)

Read the whole article - they supplied drugs to the athletes, falsified tests, helped athletes avoid tests, impersonated enforcement officials, covered up positive tests after-the-fact with bribes, broke into testing labs to switch out samples, hacked computer records to manipulate data, bugged the homes and offices of compliance staff, and even assassinated people who they thought were going to expose doping activities.

What Russia did isn't comparable to any other country on Earth and certainly not the USA.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
One of the big issues is that there’s not enough spots to do track at the university level and there’s hella foreign competition as well. It’s just easier to get on as a football/basketball player.

It just seems like Americans are just weird when it comes to track, folks are rabid when it comes to the Olympics but meh on it otherwise :heh:
Track squad seemed big as hell in undergrad, had to be as many athletes as incoming football. And if we had better infrastructure, every kid wouldn’t have to be trying to go to college, they could turn pro

But track is overlooked as a kids sport, that’s my big regret. I was naturally fast, but since all my dad knew was hoop, he put me in that. I always wished I would’ve run track as a kid, I had zero confidence in trying to start in high school, especially since so much of the team started in elementary or middle school n

Last edited:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Have to give Jamaica credit. Their doping programs are up there with Russia and the East Germans.:wow:.

East Germans were bad at hiding it tho. Brought out mini Brock lesnars during the female events :mjlol:
Threw on the Tina turner hairstyle like it was supposed to hide their masculinity :russ:

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
East Germans were bad at hiding it tho. Brought out mini Brock lesnars during the female events :mjlol:
Threw on the Tina turner hairstyle like it was supposed to hide their masculinity :russ:

I feel for some of the East German athletes, as many of them had no clue what they were being given at the time, until they realized they were growing facial hair, developing deep voices, etc.

State sponsored as well.:francis:.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Track squad seemed big as hell in undergrad, had to be as many athletes as incoming football. And if we had better infrastructure, every kid wouldn’t have to be trying to go to college, they could turn pro

But track is overlooked as a kids sport, that’s my big regret. I was naturally fast, but since all my dad knew was hoop, he put me in that. I always wished I would’ve run track as a kid, I had zero confidence in trying to start in high school, especially since so much of the team started in elementary or middle school n

Interesting, that might be an outlier, knew brehs that were all state and couldn’t even get on with the state university’s for scholarships. Coaches pretty much even said that you’re better off playing football and running in the summer.

Youth track for my age group as youths was pretty popular, elementary through middle school, but dropped by HS since most of us could play football by that time and has more clout. But the dynamics for girls maybe be different.

mykey

Superstar
Daps
It's sad to see the obvious decline of the USA performance in the Olympics Track & Field. It just mirrors the decline of the country as a whole.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Nah, cuz Americans don’t care about track anymore. And elite track talent is found a developed in childhood/preteens. Any boy with speed is pushed into football, if he got a lil height, hoop. I’m not even sure what black girls are involved in at a young age to identify that they’re fast.

for us to dominate track again, and catch up on soccer, it requires a real investment in the youth

Why would we? Aint no money in it except every 4 years. Then we forget these people exist unless they win the 100 and have the title of worlds fastest.
The money and games of football and hoops is in these kids face 6-8 months each every year. Track is only used as a training sport in The us to young talent.
And this is coming from somebody who sister was a SEC scholarship track athlete.