Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Some of you cats are too hard on yourselves as film fans lol...you gotta be open to the possibility that a movie can be good as opposed to assuming it'll be crap. I'm not even saying it'll be dope or better than the 1990 flick but it doesn't have to be bad either

:ld: I know...I know. And I get da whole nostalgic angle most of us tmnt fans got in regards to our apprehensiveness about dis new joint. But much of da piff nikkas in mah age (25-30) range grew up wit hasn't aged good at all. But dat OG Tmnt movie is one of da only few exceptions. It really was a great film adaptation.

I just don't like nikkas fukkin wit mah shyt yo. And TMNT, is mah shyt. It's hawd to let go, breh. So hawd. :wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ld: I know...I know. And I get da whole nostalgic angle most of us tmnt fans got in regards to our apprehensiveness about dis new joint. But much of da piff nikkas in mah age (25-30) range grew up wit hasn't aged good at all. But dat OG Tmnt movie is one of da only few exceptions. It really was a great film adaptation.

I just don't like nikkas fukkin wit mah shyt yo. And TMNT, is mah shyt. It's hawd to let go, breh. So hawd. :wow:

LOL Gotta let it go breh. We had our shyt with the 1990 version and even the sequels. There's a whole new group of elementary school kids who need a turtles for their generation too. The first movie aged like fine wine..the 2nd two aged like cheese. And that 87 cartoon has also aged terribly and I'd rather watch the new Nick cartoon vs that any day of the week so some new is better while some isn't. This movie could be trash but it could be dope or at least good. I'm in

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outside of Shredder (which again I admit is kinda ridiculous) tell me what specifically about that trailer made it feel LESS like Ninja Turtles to you.

Cause personally I think it looks pretty fukkin dope.

The whole underground samurai/ninja underworld based in NY was what made it interesting for me when I read the comics. This film just looks like a mess for anyone that's familiar with the original comics or even the new IDW series. I was interested when it was announced, but now not so much.

YaBishh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:leon:looks bad ass, wont ever top the OG but i will watch this on a Rip with Pizza on deck:ahh: