Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
7/10

Saw it this weekend. It could have a higher rating but the jokes didn’t have the same impact since I’ve seen them 100x in previews and trailers.

My only gripe is they made Thor too awkward at times (this was my wife’s complaint). He’s the fukking God of Thunder and yet he was awkward as fukk around Valkyrie.

Doesn't crack top 5 MCU movies for me:

1. Winter Soldier
2. Avengers 1
3. Civil War
4. GoTG
5. Iron Man

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really? :skip:

Really? :skip:

Thor had to sacrifice his country to get rid of her and she isn't even gone permanently. Whoever wrote this just needs to say they didn't watch the movie cuz this is some shyt :pachaha:

Thor used a DUES EX MACHINA like a muthafukka. Hela was a better than average Marvel villain which isn't saying much. However, she was a one-dimensional cookie-cutter villain. The story in itself is razor-thin and relied heavily on slapstick type comedy so there's little set up on character. So, it was out of convenience as to how she was "beaten". They had a great opportunity of building a HUGE character arc with Hela showing her emotional toil of it has with her being the oldest sibling, how she's truly wants Asgard as a galactic empire and push it to where you understand her side and how she became the way she was. But they scrapped that and just said her and pops was evil conquerors and for some odd reason pops turned benevolent and caring and she said I want to stay evil and he banished her. One thing that worked WELL in the 1st Thor is the establishment of Loki and his rationale and reasoning to why he's who he is. This was hollow in Hela. You don't know anything deeper within that character and her motivations outside of what her powers rely on and that's that.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I really liked Thor 3, but I think the trailers showed too much.
The chick breaking Mjolnir and the Hulk
should have been "Oh shyt!" moments, but everyone knew they were coming.

From now on, if I KNOW I'm going to see a movie, I'm ducking trailers like the plague.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Just watched it. This was really good. I was afraid they were going to go OTT trying to outdo Guardians of the Galaxy, but they balanced it out with enough epic moments and fight scenes.

Funny how this series has two of the worst Marvel movies and now one of the best. This one is in the top 3 for me with Civil War & Winter Soldier.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Thor used a DUES EX MACHINA like a muthafukka. Hela was a better than average Marvel villain which isn't saying much. However, she was a one-dimensional cookie-cutter villain. The story in itself is razor-thin and relied heavily on slapstick type comedy so there's little set up on character. So, it was out of convenience as to how she was "beaten". They had a great opportunity of building a HUGE character arc with Hela showing her emotional toil of it has with her being the oldest sibling, how she's truly wants Asgard as a galactic empire and push it to where you understand her side and how she became the way she was. But they scrapped that and just said her and pops was evil conquerors and for some odd reason pops turned benevolent and caring and she said I want to stay evil and he banished her. One thing that worked WELL in the 1st Thor is the establishment of Loki and his rationale and reasoning to why he's who he is. This was hollow in Hela. You don't know anything deeper within that character and her motivations outside of what her powers rely on and that's that.

Thats funny, yall kill me with that.

Respectfully Beloved.

Its crazy how you (not you specifically Beloved, but the writers or etc) give a villain more lines and they become so great.:duck:

Cuz the average Marvel villains always causing some major destruction, most cases catches a few bodies, usually is physically imposing or whoops the heroes ass at least once and early on in the movie where said hero is actually forced to retreat and regroup, and most marvel villains actually do have a final epic fight with the hero that pushes them to their limits.

Sitting there and watching villains with dope lines or cool phrases is cute on maybe the first watch..... but in the end, everyone wants to see a battle. Not this nicca monologueing the hero to death only for some lower level goons to attack in waves and get whooped.

Action>>>>>>WWE Promos

Martha

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I really liked Thor 3, but I think the trailers showed too much.
The chick breaking Mjolnir and the Hulk
should have been "Oh shyt!" moments, but everyone knew they were coming.

From now on, if I KNOW I'm going to see a movie, I'm ducking trailers like the plague.

Those two trailer moments are why people went to go see it in the first place. OPENING weekend is everything and it was a risk they had to take.

They had zero equity after Thor 2 by the way. Luckily the rest of the movie was good enough though.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
nikkas got alerts on their phone when the positivity level gets too high like

mLI8Ewy.jpg
It was good, but it's getting overrated in my book. Saw it listed as the 9th best comic book movie of all-time today also saw another site say its the 3rd best mcu movie (above even winter soldier) :whoa:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It was good, but it's getting overrated in my book. Saw it listed as the 9th best comic book movie of all-time today also saw another site say its the 3rd best mcu movie (above even winter soldier) :whoa:
I saw some folks the other day calling Logan a top three comic book movie of all time, these cats are definitely getting out of hand.:why: